• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Rented Planet Hulk, X-Men:Deadly Genesis, and the entire Dan Slott run on Amazing Spider-Man from my library. Started reading them and i'm already in heaven. Marvel has been really killing it with good stories for some time now.

Planet Hulk is probably the best Hulk story this side of Peter David's run way back when. Just don't succumb to the temptation of World War Hulk, it's terrible.

Planet Hulk is probably the best Hulk story this side of Peter David's run way back when. Just don't succumb to the temptation of World War Hulk, it's terrible.
Sadly I agree at wwh. I think if it could have been a self contained event ala Sinestro corp war it'd been better. But at least we got the amazing herc run as a result. So fun

Is WWH the story that immediately follows the Planet Hulk Trade or are there more books of his space adventures?
World War Hulk immediately follows, which was the problem with it. They should have kept Hulk in space for a time, and found a way to work him into the Marvel Cosmic goings-on like War of Kings. Imagine how that could have worked out.

tim1138

World War Hulk immediately follows, which was the problem with it. They should have kept Hulk in space for a time, and found a way to work him into the Marvel Cosmic goings-on like War of Kings. Imagine how that could have worked out.

That would have been phenomenal. Hulk in space just worked so perfectly, they should have let Pak play with that longer instead of forcing a terrible event that completely under delivered.

This is true. Son of Hulk was actually quite enjoyable, though, as it focused on events taking place on Sakaar after what went down in Planet Hulk and WWH.

arkon

Sadly I agree at wwh. I think if it could have been a self contained event ala Sinestro corp war it'd been better. But at least we got the amazing herc run as a result. So fun

Yep. Didn't like the main event but we got Incredible Herc out of it which was ace.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I always assumed they'd collect Batman #18-20 in a trade with all the other Requiem issues of the other Bat books. But they didn't.
That seemed like something DC would do, but strangely didn't. Sometimes they're oddly unpredictable.

My new prediction is 18-20 will be rolled into Volume 7, which would be the first post-Zero Year volume.
Yeah, fingers crossed. This and the missing Aquaman issues are very annoying to me.

So can anyone explain to me about
Dick possibly dying?

Worst spoiler ever

In Forever Evil

The Crime syndicate are holding Nightwing hostage and revealed his identity to the world, in the latest issue of FE we see that Grayson has been put into a inescapable jail cell that Batman created to hold Doomsday. Batman, Luthor and a few others are trapped in the holding room when the alarm goes off initiating a count down to everyone being incinerated in the jail cell. Nightwing reveals the only way to stop it is for his heart to stop beating, Dick gives up his life to save Batman and the others by being suffocated by Luthor, Batman tries to stop him but is restrained by the others. Batman gets loose and attacks Luthor to which he replies "It's not too late, you idiot"

frye

So can anyone explain to me about
Dick possibly dying?

In the newest FOREVER EVIL, Dick is strapped onto the MURDER MACHINE, which is a bomb that will GO OFF unless DICK GRAYSON'S HEART STOPS. Rather than wait for Batman to defuse THE MURDER MACHINE (it keeps regenerating whenever Batman tries), Lex Luthor decides to KILL Dick.... or does he?

Also his book is getting canceled at 30.

Tizoc

I think maybe it wasn't as blah as the rest has been? I guess there's that
all the bad that happens is all his fault!! lol

So all the shit that's been going on was because of Bruce Wayne's interactions with the various clans and orginizations over the years as per his training?

Thanks to Comics Day app, let's see how this copy and paste does.

My BuyList via Comics Day App
Subtotal: $38.40 for 11 items
Sales Tax @(null)%: $0.00
Total: $38.40
AMERICAN VAMPIRE SECOND CYCLE #1 (MR) $3.99
BATMAN AND AQUAMAN #29 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN #4 $2.99
SUICIDE SQUAD #29 (EVIL) $2.99
SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #6 $3.99
TRINITY OF SIN PANDORA #9 (EVIL) $2.99
A VOICE IN THE DARK #5 (MR) $3.99
LAZARUS #7 (MR) $2.99
SEX CRIMINALS #5 (MR) $3.50
MS MARVEL #2 ANMN $2.99
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #2 $4.99
0 items priced 'Please Inquire':
End of BuyList

If there are any TMNT fans, this blog has a lot of cover art at some really decent sizes. Good for computer desktops, really.
cJsgaK3.jpg

pNwUI14.jpg

Cheska

Woohoo! Nice job suggesting the Comics Day app guys! This is awesome :)

Subtotal: $33.92 for 10 items
Total: $33.92
BATWOMAN #29 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN #4 $2.99
WONDER WOMAN #29 $2.99
LAZARUS #7 (MR) $2.99
ROCKET GIRL #4 $3.50
ALL NEW GHOST RIDER #1 ANMN $3.99
DAREDEVIL #1 ANMN $3.99
MS MARVEL #2 ANMN $2.99

Also Korupt, Previewsworld is listing the Batman/Catwoman Hush statue for this week!!! :O

Unai

I think I'm going to buy the hellblazer reprints. I only know the character from the new 52 run and from the movie, and I like them both. Any thoughts?

Woohoo! Nice job suggesting the Comics Day app guys! This is awesome :)

Subtotal: $33.92 for 10 items
Total: $33.92
BATWOMAN #29 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN #4 $2.99
WONDER WOMAN #29 $2.99
LAZARUS #7 (MR) $2.99
ROCKET GIRL #4 $3.50
ALL NEW GHOST RIDER #1 ANMN $3.99
DAREDEVIL #1 ANMN $3.99
MS MARVEL #2 ANMN $2.99

Also Korupt, Previewsworld is listing the Batman/Catwoman Hush statue for this week!!! :O

I had it payed for then had to get a refund on it because my wife wanted/needed a dress for her friends wedding. Afraid I won't be getting it now.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Okay, FBP: Vol 1 was quite cool. I'm onboard for more. It's like Fringe meets Chew. The art's sketch-like quality works really well for a world where physics is constantly running amok.

Question about the end of issue 7:
Why did Adam look shocked at the end as the reporter says Lance Blackwood's name? Adam already knew the name, unless he's just shocked by what he's seeing in the dossier, but having his name be repeated in that final panel as he looks up in shock made me think there was something about the name that was supposed to surprise me.

Tizoc

I need to reread that sometime too. When I read it a ton of stuff was missing in the middle. Anyone know if that's all fixed/restored now? IIRC he was working slowly to repair the damage.

I heard about that but am sadly unaware of what pages are actually missing.
I'm reading it from this site
http://abominable.cc/post/44164796353/episode-one
If you check the Archives it shows the pages he's done these past 5+ years on the series.

Take this with a big grain of salt as I only partially believe it, but my friend who owns the local comic shop was telling me that a Diamond rep was telling him that by 2016 Marvel plans to be 100% digital for monthly books. The only print versions will be trades. He also said they may do the weekly 99 cent installments like DC does with the digital only titles.

I only partially believe it as this is provably the same Diamond rep who told him that Diamond would be starting their own digital comics storefront to replace ComiXology (which of course never happened).

On the other hand with Marvel's heavy focus on digital, where almost every $3.99 book includes a free digital copy, and with the decline of print sales it's definitely something believable for Marvel to do.

Still-doing-shit-old-school List

Witcher #1
American Vampire: Second Cycle #1
Harley Quinn #4
Supergirl #29
Wonder Woman #29
Fuse #2
Lazarus #7
Sex Criminals #5
Daredevil #1
Ms. Marvel #2
Uncanny X-Men #19.NOW
Wolverine and the X-men #2

Take this with a big grain of salt as I only partially believe it, but my friend who owns the local comic shop was telling me that a Diamond rep was telling him that by 2016 Marvel plans to be 100% digital for monthly books. The only print versions will be trades. He also said they may do the weekly 99 cent installments like DC does with the digital only titles.

I only partially believe it as this is provably the same Diamond rep who told him that Diamond would be starting their own digital comics storefront to replace ComiXology (which of course never happened).

On the other hand with Marvel's heavy focus on digital, where almost every $3.99 book includes a free digital copy, and with the decline of print sales it's definitely something believable for Marvel to do.

tumblr_n21gb5AKuS1srwx2mo4_250.gif

Honestly, I really doubt it.

Messi

Omg dc are doing Bombshell variant covers in June for loads of their titles including the two who I really wanted to get bombshell statues. Catwoman and Batwoman.

bombshell-var-catwoman-74071.jpeg

bombshell-var-wonder-woman-f878e.jpeg

Toa TAK

Banned
Omg dc are doing Bombshell variant covers in June for loads of their titles including the two who I really wanted to get bombshell statues. Catwoman and Batwoman.

bombshell-var-catwoman-74071.jpeg

bombshell-var-wonder-woman-f878e.jpeg

They really nailed these, love the Rosie Riveter/Wonder Woman one.

My list:
Superior Spider-Man Annual #2
Ms. Marvel #2

Messi

Listy list

American Vampire #1
Batman & Aquaman #29
Batwoman #29
Birds of Prey #29
Daredevil #1
Fuse #2
Harley Quinn #4
MS Marvel #2
Rocket Girl #4
Sex Criminals #5
Suicide Squad #29
Thor God of Thunder #20
Winter Soldier Bitter March #2
Wolverine and the x-men #2
Wonder Woman #29
ZERO #6

Re-reading Charles Christopher to catch up
tumblr_miwgk1FlGh1qb05x1o1_1280.jpg

:( Right in the feels

The rest of the CSA figures that were aupposed to release last month have disappeared. Fear Agent Library volume 2 is on yhe shipping list next week!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom