• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fascinating. I have no idea how he gets anything done. Tell me it's not all about jupiters lolegacy tho.

I heard they were going to do a doc on Aja but pulled out after realising they might die of old age watching his process.

It mostly is but who cares. His work on that is just as phenomenal as anything else he's done, and seeing his process is jaw dropping. Bruh works 6 days a week! Can't believe he still slums it in comics when he could be a billionaire.

I'll earn no friends with this, but I can't stand Quitely's art. Yes, I'm a Philistine. Dude is C-tier. He's second only to Land for the "Worst Faces in Comics" award.

Professor X and Wolverine have the same awful face.
Xmen.jpg

images

Of people working today, give me David Aja, Mike Mignola, and Fiona Staples.

Messi

I'll earn no friends with this, but I can't stand Quitely's art. Yes, I'm a Philistine. Dude is C-tier. He's second only to Land for the "Worst Faces in Comics" award.

Xmen.jpg

images

Second to Pulido right? It's gotta be

Second to Pulido right? It's gotta be

Forgot about him. Quitely, Pulido, and Land occupy their own special category of Face Drawing Hell.

My chief complaint with Quitely is that he tends to make every character look slightly Asian. Like, literally every character.

It's the copy-pasta eyes. Superman's eyes = Wolverine's eyes. Terrible.

Storytelling, detail, consistency, physics, weight, style. So what if the dude has a weird style for faces?

I wish I could see all that, but it's hidden behind the least human looking faces ever.

tim1138

After reading the June DC solicits I'm convinced Vendetti and Ven Jansen have dirt on DiDio. Their future Flash arc sounds almost identical to Buccaleto/Manapul's Reverse Flash arc. Strangely colored not Barry Flash kills people to travel into the past! Who is this mysterious stranger?
DC plz.

Dysun

After reading the June DC solicits I'm convinced Vendetti and Ven Jansen have dirt on DiDio. Their future Flash arc sounds almost identical to Buccaleto/Manapul's Reverse Flash arc. Strangely colored not Barry Flash kills people to travel into the past! Who is this mysterious stranger?
DC plz.

Not enough to ruin Green Lantern, now the Flash too. :\

Dysun

Thor: The Accursed was pretty good. Not up to par with the God Butcher stuff but the art was great and the story was still unexpected, felt like a tease of what's to come obviously.

Speaking of unexpected though,
Galactus
at the end of Thor 19!

Who else is reading Secret? I know it was delayed alot but I hope i'm not the only one.

The last issue (#6) was incredible. Bodenheim's art coupled with the colour shades was gorgeous.

arkon

Who else is reading Secret? I know it was delayed alot but I hope i'm not the only one.

The last issue (#6) was incredible. Bodenheim's art coupled with the colour shades was gorgeous.

Given how long the delays have been already, I'm not going near it until it's completed and out in trades.

The time is now.

Rronglist said:
DC COMICS
American Vampire Second Cycle #1 (Finally back for more!!)
Batman And Aquaman #29
Harley Quinn #4 (...Screw you guys. I read issues 2 and 3 at a friend's house. It's not Book of the Month material. But it was enjoyable.)
Superman Unchained #6
Unwritten Volume 2 Apocalypse #3
Wonder Woman #29

IDW PUBLISHING
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Utrom Empire #3
Transformers Robots In Disguise #27 (Hopefully more Megatron for us all!
I guess he still has some redemption to do before being made a full Autobot
)

IMAGE COMICS
Lazarus #7
Sex Criminals #5
Zero #6
(I love-love these three books.)

MARVEL COMICS
All-New Ghost Rider #1
Avengers World #4 (On the verge of dropping this one.)
Daredevil #1
Ms Marvel #2
New Avengers #15
Nova #15 (Beta Ray Bill + Cosmo! Why isn't everybody reading this?)
Superior Foes Of Spider-Man #10
Superior Spider-Man Annual #2
Thor God Of Thunder #20
Thunderbolts #23
Uncanny X-Men #19.NOW
Winter Soldier The Bitter March #2
Wolverine And The X-Men #2

ONI PRESS
Letter 44 #5

Not comic of the month material? But it already was. TAKE IT BACK or you go on the list.

I found Issues #2 and #3 way better than the first one. I guess I'm still kind of sad it took Locke & Key's place back in December.
It's not even my top DC book. 4th/5th at best. (S/WW, Batman and RL are way too good)
#That'sThat
#I'mLikingTheBookThough

Xmen.jpg

images

Quietly is a great artist except his faces. But envy thing else is top tier. It's why my favorite work of his was WE3. Great stuff

Messi

I found Issues #2 and #3 way better than the first one. I guess I'm still kind of sad it took Locke & Key's place back in December.
It's not even my top DC book. 4th/5th at best. (S/WW, Batman and RL are way too good)
#That'sThat
#I'mLikingTheBookThough

Even I can see Locke and Key was ROBBED. It was a massive INJUSTICA! But issue 2 should have won instead.

Was Ghost Driver not delayed for a week?

zeeaykay

Just finished Criminal's final arc, The Last of the Innocent. I'm speechless.

Brubaker and Phillips are Gods.

Sleeper their next best thing? I need more!

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Just finished Criminal's final arc, The Last of the Innocent. I'm speechless.

Brubaker and Phillips are Gods.

Sleeper their next best thing? I need more!

Nothing topped Criminal for me. Sooo good!

Hope this is ok but anyone interested in sealed hc volumes of reminders uncanny xforce? Have vols 1,2, and 6 for cheap! Pm me.

Owzers

I'm halfway through New Teen Titans: Games OGN, i initially really liked it, especially Perez's art, but the plot has really sputtered. I hope the second half is a little more intriguing.

SRG01

So, I'm probably not the only person to ask this, but what is the point of Avengers World? I don't understand the point of having yet another Avengers book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom