• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superior Spider-Man #30

Though, I can't imagine how Peter will explain everything to the Avengers.

My theory:

Brain scans compared to his last one, Psychics from SHIELD or the Xmen roster- either will work.

If he DOESN'T explain everything, it's pretty clear Cap intends to put Spidey away for a LONG time. Even if he does, the result of the last month probably mean his avengers career is essentially done.

4x0YS5r.jpg
I laughed when I realized why that seemed so familiar.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My theory:

Brain scans compared to his last one, Psychics from SHIELD or the Xmen roster- either will work.

If he DOESN'T explain everything, it's pretty clear Cap intends to put Spidey away for a LONG time. Even if he does, the result of the last month probably mean his avengers career is essentially done.

He's got more than just that to deal with,
Otto got engaged while he was in charge
. That's going to be one awkward conversation.

He's got more than just that to deal with,
Otto got engaged while he was in charge
. That's going to be one awkward conversation.

Parker was injured during the goblin attacks and suffered head trauma. No recollection of the past year or two- which he doesn't have anyway, thanks to Otto.

Simple. I take my checks via paypal, Marvel.

Edit: or-

why end it? Anna maria is an interesting character, and literally everyone else will have turned on Parker. He's going to be damn short on friends.

pun intended

This is kinda like UXM #200, where Magneto was like, "Nah, all that silver age supervilliany shit? Doesn't count because I got de-aged recently so basically I'm a new man"

This is kinda like UXM #200, where Magneto was like, "Nah, all that silver age supervilliany shit? Doesn't count because I got de-aged recently so basically I'm a new man"

More like Hyperion.

"The one that killed all those people? oh, you must mean that OTHER Hyperion. Happens all the time."

"Blew up New York? no-no-no, that was this other nigga named Xorn. Yeah, IDK, shit is crazy, b"

That, too!

edit: Uncanny Avengers Magneto doesn't fuck around either. Scott only showed up for a second too, but he looks like he's ready to waste a brother (ha!) with no hesitation

Cheska

LIIIIIISSSSSTTTTT

Did you vote?

SUPERIOR FOES SPIDER-MAN TP VOL 01 GETTING BAND BA
AMERICAN VAMPIRE HC VOL 06
RAT QUEENS TP VOL 01 SASS & SORCERY
FEAR AGENT LIBRARY ED HC VOL 02
CATWOMAN TP VOL 03 UNDER PRESSURE
BATWOMAN HC VOL 04 THIS BLOOD IS THICK (N52)
RED SONJA TP VOL 01 QUEEN OF PLAGUES
THOR GOD OF THUNDER PREM HC VOL 03 ACCURSED
SAGA TP VOL 03
UNCANNY AVENGERS PREM HC VOL 03 RAGNAROK NOW
BATMAN & ROBIN HC VOL 02 PEARL (N52)
BATMAN & ROBIN HC VOL 03 DEATH OF THE FAMILY (N52)
MIND THE GAP TP VOL 01 INTIMATE STRANGERS
MIND THE GAP TP VOL 02 WISH YOU WERE HERE
MIND THE GAP TP VOL 03 OUT OF BODIES
MIND MGMT HC VOL 01

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Aside from that dope Tradd Moore art, Ghost Rider #1 wins the title for most generic ass comic ever.

Messi

SAGA TP VOL 03
MIND MGMT HC VOL 01

Damn, that is a really good list.
Where is Harley Welcome to Metropolis ? I thought we were friends?

All-New Ghost Driver

This is good, it reads pretty fast (
pun intended
). Smith lets Moore do all the heavy lifting this issue. Smith's lack of dialogue is made up by Moore's visual storytelling. One thing the issue failed at is it didn't feel like a pilot issue, more like an extended cold open.

It will probably be compared to Ms Marvel a lot.

SAGA TP VOL 03
MIND MGMT HC VOL 01
Holy crap. I don't think I've ever spent more than $100 in a single IST shipment. You have to take pictures of how they package the order, because I need to see this. XD

Messi

Holy crap. I don't think I've ever spent more than $100 in a single IST shipment. You have to take pictures of how they package the order, because I need to see this. XD

I second this. I feel like this is going to be a real test of quality packing. Whoever is packing that box has a job on their hands.

Messi

How long am I likely to be left waiting for the 3rd OHC of Superior Spidey after the 2nd one in a few weeks? The second one ends at issue 16 so ill assume there will be 4 OHCs.

Cheska

Damn, that is a really good list.
Where is Harley Welcome to Metropolis ? I thought we were friends?
I got that last time :)

I second this. I feel like this is going to be a real test of quality packing. Whoever is packing that box has a job on their hands.

I'll take a picture for you guys :) haven't been disappointed with a shipment yet.

yeah Ghost Rider wasn't much special but that art was great stuff. i'm in for a few more

That Empowered special by Brandon Graham was good fun. Never read Empowered before but i'm sorta interested
There's a free Silver Surfer infinite comic that was pretty radd. Guess I'm picking up issue 1.
goddammit i saw what you did there

Messi

I got that last time :)

I'll take a picture for you guys :) haven't been disappointed with a shipment yet.

giphy.gif

yeah Ghost Rider wasn't much special but that art was great stuff. i'm in for a few more

That Empowered special by Brandon Graham was good fun. Never read Empowered before but i'm sorta interested

goddammit i saw what you did there

The regular Empowered books are really good stuff.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I saw the solicits for June's issue...get this: a drug that gives people superpowers!

haven't read that one about 500 times

(nice art tho)

See, cliche plots or scenarios only bother me when the actual execution is boring, generic, cliche horseshit. There was literally nothing to this comic. It took 22 pages to recite something that has been done to death in every fucking medium ever.

On the other hand, Silver Surfer #1 is shockingly good, and features actual writing. Solid writing. And an awesomely impressive two-page splash alongside all of the great Allred art.

Vyer

SSM #30 was the first issue of spOCK I've thoroughly enjoyed in a while. Dat ending, of course.

Red Lanterns continues to be great. The
meeting between Guy, Kara and Supes
just felt pitch perfect.

Amazing X-Men #5 was okay. Everyone could see the eventual outcome here, but it was decently handled. Just didn't grab me like a lot of Aaron's xmen work has done.

Justice League Dark #29. Meh. Couldn't stay very interested in the
Constantine/Zatanna stuff.

Rogues Rebellion #6. Outside of the JLD stuff, this is the only Forever Evil side arc I've followed. Enjoyed it, though the ending didn't do a lot for me. Really have grown a fondness for the Rogues though.

Hawkeye #18. Good read, but I agree with what some of you have said and it seemed to get a little unusually dark.

I feel bad for any DC fan not reading Red Lanterns. Easily one of their top 5 books. I love Charles Soule!

How long am I likely to be left waiting for the 3rd OHC of Superior Spidey after the 2nd one in a few weeks? The second one ends at issue 16 so ill assume there will be 4 OHCs.

You can have all my codes if you want. Unless you want them for a collection.

see, i'm in for Ghost Rider mostly for Tradd Moore drawing cool shit. it was generic, yeah, but at least it fuckin looked good

I liked Silver Surfer too. I was still wondering why Slott was writing it (even while i read it) but then it grabbed me in the last few pages, so i don't mind.

Is the Joker: Death in the family arc any good? It's kind of cheap so I'm tempted to get it. I've really enjoyed the first two books of the new 52 batman, really makes me want to get the issues regularly now but I really like the hardcovers. :(

And how does instocktrades still not have the first volume hardcover of uncanny xmen in stock? It's been over a month now. :/ I really don't want to order from shitty amazon.

Is the Joker: Death in the family arc any good? It's kind of cheap so I'm tempted to get it. I've really enjoyed the first two books of the new 52 batman, really makes me want to get the issues regularly now but I really like the hardcovers. :(

And how does instocktrades still not have the first volume hardcover of uncanny xmen in stock? It's been over a month now. :/ I really don't want to order from shitty amazon.

1) Yeah, I liked it. Just stay away from the tie-ins that the other series like Batgirl and Suicide Squad had to endure.

2) They might be sold out. They might get it in again, they might not. It happened with the Invisibles omnibus for a while.

1) Yeah, I liked it. Just stay away from the tie-ins that the other series like Batgirl and Suicide Squad had to endure.

2) They might be sold out. They might get it in again, they might not. It happened with the Invisibles omnibus for a while.

I thought they would get more. :( I guess I'll have to order from amazon... Surely they can't fuck up shitty a hardcover right?

Also, what should I be getting for that arc then? I'm getting the batman one but it seems like issue 17 is the only one that's part of that arc? I was looking at this because it seemed to collect everything and is only $17 which is cheap for 400pgs.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I thought they would get more. :( I guess I'll have to order from amazon... Surely they can't fuck up shitty a hardcover right?

Also, what should I be getting for that arc then? I'm getting the batman one but it seems like issue 17 is the only one that's part of that arc? I was looking at this because it seemed to collect everything and is only $17 which is cheap for 400pgs.

This is the one you want to get. It has the only issues you really need.

This is the one you want to get. It has the only issues you really need.

Alright, I was buying that any how because the first two books of new 52 batman were really enjoyable. I guess I'll just get that then.

Are there any new #1s I should be looking at from last two weeks? Ghost Rider looks beautiful but I doubt it would hold my attention. I know nothing about silver surfer except he's OP as fuck, are comics with him still fun? I think I remember people saying secret avengers were cool... I think there were a couple others I was looking at but I don't remember now. Also, is deadly class that good? I saw it on some of the best comics of the month thing and it's really early yet where I don't mind jumping in.

Messi

If he skips suicide squad he won't get to see Joker treat harley with all the love in the world.

Fuck those two issues still bother me. Complete and utter dogshit.

The Wake 7 was fucking fantastic. Yes, the language was needed to express my feelings........

Because Deadly Class was mother fucking fantastic!! This book just speaks to me. Very relatable.

Hadn't read any comics in a few weeks, decided to read Zero Vol 1 tonight. Went in completely blind and I'm very impressed. I highly recommend it. Love how the art changes each issue, and there's some real solid world building and interesting storytelling.

SRG01

No one lets me hype anything. =(

High-Five-Fist-Bump-GIF.gif

Nope. SSM is awesome.
Long live the Superior Spider-Man.

Which issue is Superior ending on again?
Because I feel like this was the whole point of the book... to see what really makes a Superior Spider-Man.

Also that conversation between him and Otto felt like that things won't be status quo once ASM rolls around. Will we see a different side of PP?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Which issue is Superior ending on again?
Because I feel like this was the whole point of the book... to see what really makes a Superior Spider-Man.

Also that conversation between him and Otto felt like that things won't be status quo once ASM rolls around. Will we see a different side of PP?

Next issue is the last one.

You hit on exactly what the whole point of the book was, it's actually what the point of Slott's run up to now has been.

zeeaykay

Deadly Class can do no wrong. Completely absorbing read, and the art and colors are just an absolute beauty. Book of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom