• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

Uncanny Avengers # 18

Woah, mutant world is future-y. A Magneto-led X-Force including Blob and Toad? Welp. Havok x Wasp? What! The final page with Kang and his merry band is all kinds of fucked up.

Amazing X-Men #5

So... Nightcrawler can't die anymore? Is that it? Seems like a hellish life, being the personal jailer/keeper of Azazzel.

I liked Ghost Rider ... Like the art a lot more than I thought I would. I'll stick around for a couple more issues at least.

Silver Surfer ... Not so much.. Seemed kinda bleak to me idk. It was ok but it didn't stand out to me much... That sucks because i was really wanting to get those Francavilla covers! Idk.. Maybe they'll come out in posters?

Rereading that Fracto stuff recently. Based Fraction indeed. So good.

I wasn't crazy about The Five Nightmares, but when Dark Reign hit it was like Matt Fraction set out to singlehandedly save Tony Stark from all the awful shit Marvel had done to him over the past few years. And he did. I loved every issue of WMW.

I wasn't crazy about The Five Nightmares, but when Dark Reign hit it was like Matt Fraction set out to singlehandedly save Tony Stark from all the awful shit Marvel had done to him over the past few years. And he did. I loved every issue of WMW.

I dig it. Larocca is at his wonkiest, but I love the story.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Otto erasing himself felt premature. Would have preferred a Ghost Peter/Otto team up where they both used their strengths to deal with the Goblin before he got ousted. Now Peter's trust in a situation he has absolutely no clue about and it just felt like the timing of it was a case of "Oops, movie's here. Peace out, Otto! Last issue could still have some twist, but right now it looks cheap.

Well, you could also read it as
Otto finally doing something heroic. He finally did the right thing, it took him 30 issues but he made it there.

Another damaging Wednesday with a dozen books bought.

I haven't read anything yet but wanted to post just to say Avenge the Earth is an awesome name for a story arc.

tim1138

Thoughts about comics:

Aquaman - Outrageous! Parker really gets the Arthur/Mera dynamic. He's doing good stuff here.

Justice League Dark - The 18 part Forever Evil Blight story ends here, with nary a delay to be seen. I probably enjoyed it more than most.

Ghost Rider - Tradd Moore draws cool cars going fast. Enough said.

The Manhattan Projects - HMMMMMM. A war ends and an old friend returns

Silver Surfer Infinite - Fun little story that convinced me to check out the first issue. Plus that Allred art.

ElNarez

Banned
The best page of Superman this whole fucking month was in New Avengers. Holy shit Hickman is back with a goddamn vengeance, and he's back to being one of the most efficient writers in comics today.

Dysun

That last page just screams
"The nightmare is finally over". Not really a justification for the run.

No justification needed for entertaining comics based on fresh ideas that sell well. Sorry PP fanboys, your one-note hero is back now so all is well.

tim1138

Silver Surfer was great. Allred does a great job channeling Kirby and I'm intrigued by the story. Marvel was 2/2 for me this week.

I haven't read any Silver Surfer before but I'm definitely tempted to pick up #1. Even if only for the art.

I'm a bit late to the party but Daredevil #1 was great. I'd like to pick up the old trades to get the full picture though.

lordmrw

Superior Spider-Man

Incredible. Just in-fucking-credible. Loved every page of it. I do wish Parker would have kept Otto's costume but whatever.

tim1138

I haven't read any Silver Surfer before but I'm definitely tempted to pick up #1. Even if only for the art.

I'm a bit late to the party but Daredevil #1 was great. I'd like to pick up the old trades to get the full picture though.

All you need to know about the Silver Surfer is he used to be a Herald for Galactus and now he's not.

KoruptData said:
Who is going to try Aquaman and the Others?

If it was Ostrander I'd be all over it, but Jurgens? Nah.

Owzers

i have a bad head cold and can't read comics because i don't want to get them germy.

What kind of life is this, to not read Moon Knight #1 before voting ends?

ElNarez

Banned
i have a bad head cold and can't read comics because i don't want to get them germy.

What kind of life is this, to not read Moon Knight #1 before voting ends?

Get the digital copy on comixology, put on some latex gloves and a mask, and enjoy the future winner of March's votening.

sca2511

I guess I will post about it again:

Anyone know of a reputable service/person where you pay and they'll get stuff for you at conventions? I want a few Marcio Takara prints from Emerald City Comic Con. If someone from GAF is able to do it, I'd prefer that.

My shopping haul for today:

Marvel Comics
All-New Ghost Rider #1
Amazing X-Men #5
Avengers #27
Avengers Assemble #25
Deadpool #26
Hawkeye #18
New Avengers #16
Uncanny Avengers #18

Image Comics
Deadly Class #3
Satellite Sam #7
Sex #12

Dark Horse Comics
Empowered: Internal Medicine One-Shot

Will read some stuff after dinner.

Cheska

My LCS didn't get Rachel Rising in :( ;_;

Anyone know where a good starting point for Atomic Robo would be? Definitely think it looks interesting.

The best page of Superman this whole fucking month was in New Avengers. Holy shit Hickman is back with a goddamn vengeance, and he's back to being one of the most efficient writers in comics today.

Yep. Go fuck yourself Reed(s). Also,
that was a Black Priest helmet that Doctor Fate knock-off put on to blow up the other Earth right?

ElNarez

Banned
Dark horse candidate for Book of the Month is the Über Special. Holy shit it is basically Gillen in beast-mode doing the great fucking character work he's very good at doing. And it looks pretty good too.

Superior Spider-Man was/is great. Good read!

Read the Empowered one-shot. First I've read of Empowered,, fuggin weird haha. I like it tho. I'll have to check out the TPB

ElNarez

Banned
Sent my vote, by the by. There's one obvious choice, and two picks that left a strong impression on me. I went with the gut on this one.

Yep. Go fuck yourself Reed(s). Also,
that was a Black Priest helmet that Doctor Fate knock-off put on to blow up the other Earth right?

yes it was.

That guy seems to be able to use
the black priests' words of power
but it looks like it's
extremely destructive to the human body
which would explain a few things about the black priests.

interesting to see that this JLA knockoff has found a way around the incursions though- costly as it is.

Uncanny Avengers # 18

Woah, mutant world is future-y. A Magneto-led X-Force including Blob and Toad? Welp. Havok x Wasp? What! The final page with Kang and his merry band is all kinds of fucked up.

That is one ridiculously nasty lineup.

New Avengers #16.NOW

Wow... I think. I thought that they actually pushed back worlds. But nope - they just blow them up in a different way.

Avengers

My take on that was that

they DID figure out a way to push back inhabited worlds, but the mapmakers were using some kind of dead shell of a world as a "marker" with their incursions. This world was lifeless, and blowing it up sets back the mapmakers considerably, who the not-JLA consider a plague.

Avengers

My take on that was that

they DID figure out a way to push back inhabited worlds, but the mapmakers were using some kind of dead shell of a world as a "marker" with their incursions. This world was lifeless, and blowing it up sets back the mapmakers considerably, who the not-JLA consider a plague.

yeah the Mapmakers jump from incursion to incursion, stripping a world of literally everything then jumping to the next one and destroying the mined out world they just jumped from to continue the process no point in not blowing that up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom