• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
u3YPZB0.png
Then who bought comics?

Toa TAK

Banned
Superior Spider-Man #30

Yay! He's back!

But I have to give Otto some credit here; for a former villain hell bent on proving he can be a hero, he admits he's not good enough. And he really loved Anna-Maria, that's some sad stuff man. Still, seeing the original red and blue back gets me tingly. Also, Jonah is totally fucked. The destruction on New York will be pinned on him. And Miss Allen, what have you been hiding? :D

Though, I can't imagine how Peter will explain everything to the Avengers.

Dat Parker luck. It's going to suck to be welcomed into a mess like this with almost everyone wanting to tear him a new one. And Cap is pissed.

Wow, the journey is (almost) over. Superior was my first Marvel book that I got into. I have every issue with the number 1 signed by Stegman. It will forever hold a place in my memory.

New Avengers #16.NOW

Wow... I think. I thought that they actually pushed back worlds. But nope - they just blow them up in a different way.

Avengers

Talk about skipping ahead. When did this fight start?

arkon

The problem with reading on the toilet is that if you get so engrossed you forget to clean up. That shit dries. No one wants to be in that position.

Ordered an "Extremely rare special edition first printing of Cryptozoic man #4"
(Signed by Walt Flanagan, Bryan Johnson, Mike Zapcic and Ming Chen)
(aka "The Comic Book Men")

Don't know how "extremely rare" it really is,, lol. But its cool to get a signed Variant cover.
Has anyone else checked this mini series out? ..It's .. pretty nuts.

Don't know how "extremely rare" it really is,, lol. But its cool to get a signed Variant cover.

ThyMusicMan, we're your friends, we care about you. But you have a problem and we want to be here for you to help you overcome it.

Is she a robot? Android? Gynoid? Her lifeless eyes freak me out.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Still waiting on my issues from the TESD boys. Anybody supporting the fellas is cool in my book. There were ABSURD prices for the signed first printing of issue 1 a while back that made me laugh. Please tell me you didn't pay $150 for the issue.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dat Parker luck. It's going to suck to be welcomed into a mess like this with almost everyone wanting to tear him a new one. And Cap is pissed.

Otto erasing himself felt premature. Would have preferred a Ghost Peter/Otto team up where they both used their strengths to deal with the Goblin before he got ousted. Now Peter's trust in a situation he has absolutely no clue about and it just felt like the timing of it was a case of "Oops, movie's here. Peace out, Otto! Last issue could still have some twist, but right now it looks cheap.

Still waiting on my issues from the TESD boys. Anybody supporting the fellas is cool in my book. There were ABSURD prices for the signed first printing of issue 1 a while back that made me laugh. Please tell me you didn't pay $150 for the issue.

First step is admitting I have a problem,, fuck that. ahaha
Hells no is was $15

Superior Spidermun

YYYYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

FUCKING YESSSS!!!!!

What an incredible arc and incredible pay off. Hats off to Slott. It was all worth it, all the Spock.

AMAZING.

(get it?)

I bought and read Revenge 2 and while having some F'ed up visuals and some questionable dialog, I'm still finding the main story and themes fun to keep on going.

Wiseblade

Inferior Spider-Man 30

Well, I was almost right.
Peter's consciousness regained control just in time to save a life, it just wasn't Anna Maria's. I see Slott has gone for the awkward conversation route though.

I didn’t even try to guess who GG really was, but I'm fine with this development.

So Octavius is full dead and Peter conveniently has no memory of anything post Dying Wish. Isn't that the Tony Stark defence? "Can't hate me for things I don't remember doing!" Is a terrible excuseand would REALLY make this whole exercise pointless.

Also, if Spider-verse means I can have Mayday or Ultimate Jessica Drew running around the main Universe then all is forgiven.

Inferior Spider-Man 30

Well, I was almost right.
Peter's consciousness regained control just in time to save a life, it just wasn't Anna Maria's. I see Slott has gone for the awkward conversation route though.

I didn’t even try to guess who GG really was, but I'm fine with this development.

So Octavius is full dead and Peter conveniently has no memory of anything post Dying Wish. Isn't that the Tony Stark defence? "Can't hate me for things I don't remember doing!" Is a terrible excuseand would REALLY make this whole exercise pointless.

Also, if Spider-verse means I can have Mayday or Ultimate Jessica Drew running around the main Universe then all is forgiven.

The last page
renders the entire exercise POINTFULL forever because it was PERFECT AND RAD.

Tim, what did you think of Forever Evil Blight as a whole? From the beginning to about halfway I thought it was a tight well paced story but somewhere along the line it became less focused and lost its identity. I'll keep with Justice League Dark but if they try to keep interweaving stories in all the Dark books, I think I'm done. I like Zee, John and the characters of the Justice League Dark but not enough to pull 3 extra books a month. Especially with those other books getting inconsistent art. Even Janin off of JLD is disappointing.

Man, Deadly Class was great. Quickly becoming one of my favorite books.

On the subject of DC, can you explain the last few pages of issue one?
Why did that girl freak out after killing that dude even though she is supposed to be a killer? Also why did she keep telling the protagonist to "fuck off" in issue 2?

Toa TAK

Banned
Toa Tak pls... wrong way to hype the comic by spoiling it. I spoilered that part for you btw.
No one lets me hype anything. =(
The last page
renders the entire exercise POINTFULL forever because it was PERFECT AND RAD.
High-Five-Fist-Bump-GIF.gif

That last page just screams
"The nightmare is finally over". Not really a justification for the run.

Nope. SSM is awesome.
Long live the Superior Spider-Man.

tim1138

Tim, what did you think of Forever Evil Blight as a whole? From the beginning to about halfway I thought it was a tight well paced story but somewhere along the line it became less focused and lost its identity. I'll keep with Justice League Dark but if they try to keep interweaving stories in all the Dark books, I think I'm done. I like Zee, John and the characters of the Justice League Dark but not enough to pull 3 extra books a month. Especially with those other books getting inconsistent art. Even Janin off of JLD is disappointing.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and still think it will probably turn out better than Forever Evil proper. I think the back end was a little weaker than the front, but they were throwing a lot in there with the
Nanda Parbat
stuff and Project Thaumaton. It was a fun romp featuring the B and C tier characters I've always been a sucker for, plus the elevation of
Zee
to the bad ass status (s)he should have was a long time coming. The only book I wasn't already received reading was Constantine, so it didn't really change my monthly pulls at all.

On the subject of DC, can you explain the last few pages of issue one?
Why did that girl freak out after killing that dude even though she is supposed to be a killer? Also why did she keep telling the protagonist to "fuck off" in issue 2?

Spoilers through issue 3, because I think the new issue helps address your question
I think her reaction to the kill is well explained in the latest issue, when the protagonist's new friend can't make himself go through with the assigned kill and confesses that he's actually never killed anyone before. King's Dominion is all about rep. Everybody in that school is "frontin" to some degree. I'm sure Saya's no exception. They are a school for training vicious killers, yes, but we are seeing them at a relatively early point in their training. There is no real hardness to any of them...they're just a bunch of seriously fucked up kids.

I think her reaction in issue 2 is explained by the types of targets they're being trained to kill...they're going after bad people. Not random victims, not cops. Saya clearly caught some deep shit for killing that cop ("two days in the ditch") and she blames our hero for creating the situation where she felt she had to kill to retrieve him.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and still think it will probably turn out better than Forever Evil proper. I think the back end was a little weaker than the front, but they were throwing a lot in there with the
Nanda Parbat
stuff and Project Thaumaton. It was a fun romp featuring the B and C tier characters I've always been a sucker for, plus the elevation of
Zee
to the bad ass status (s)he should have was a long time coming. The only book I wasn't already received reading was Constantine, so it didn't really change my monthly pulls at all.

Captain's log, Stardate 9522.6. I've never trusted
Zatana
. And I never will. I can never forgive
her
for the
mindwipe
of
Batman

For my part I ended up dropping Blight half way through. It just lost me and I've never been a huge fan of mystic types outside of Dr. Fate and White Witch.

Nanda Parbat
Zee

My post probably sounded like I didn't like it. Overall I did and the "badass" moment at the end made me excited for the future of JLD and hope for the most part it is contained in that book.

Messi

In a cruel twist of fate I am currently stuck on the toilet and wish I had a comic to read. Why have you deserted me comixology!

Wait a minute, I picked up Worlds Finest and it says part 4 of First Contact. Where the hell was part 3?

Should be Batman/Superman #9 which releases April 16th, lol?

DC delays Forever Evil comics, prints First Contact out of sync

Batman/Superman #9 has been pushed back from March 19 to April 16, arriving three weeks after the 'First Contact' storyline concludes in Worlds' Finest #21.

Writer Greg Pak has apologized for the delay on his issue of Batman/Superman.

tim1138

My post probably sounded like I didn't like it. Overall I did and the "badass" moment at the end made me excited for the future of JLD and hope for the most part it is contained in that book.

Based on the solicits it seems they're gonna stay relatively self contained.

And GrandHarrier, you would hate
Zee
, wouldn't you?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I bought it digitally recently but have only read the first two so far. I wouldn't say it's good exactly, but it is incredibly fucked up and has a bunch of ideas very much in my wheelhouse so I like it. Also to support Bry and Walt, they deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom