• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I think I might have to go all digital or wait for TPB. My LCS is just flakey when it comes to my holds and they are always selling out. its kind of a nightmare.

Guys I think I might have to go all digital or wait for TPB. My LCS is just flakey when it comes to my holds and they are always selling out. its kind of a nightmare.

That's honestly one of the reasons why I went digital. I was tired of going in to my LCS every week to find that the books were supposed to be held for me had been sold and I was expected to wait until more copies were ordered. It doesn't inspire much confidence. I only have the last issue of Forever Evil to collect and then I'll be done with floppies.

Go all digital and then get trades for things you find worth in paper from in stock trades. Speaking of that site THEY got me again :(

Went for fear agent vol 2 and left with two other omnibuses and a couple more trades.

My order
DEATHBLOW DELUXE EDITION HC - remember loving the art and style back in the day. Well see how it holds up
FEAR AGENT LIBRARY ED vol 2
CATWOMAN TP VOL 03 UNDER PRESSURE - finish up the great brubaker's run in trade
SPIDER-MAN BY ROGER STERN OMNIBUS HC - haven't read much 80s spidey. Heard good things
Uncanny X-Force By Rick Remender Omnibus HC - great run

Ok, got them.

I already read Captain Marvel digital but I figure I let my wife try it and she if she wants to read it.

Bj2WNyZIEAApET5.jpg

That's honestly one of the reasons why I went digital. I was tired of going in to my LCS every week to find that the books were supposed to be held for me had been sold and I was expected to wait until more copies were ordered. It doesn't inspire much confidence. I only have the last issue of Forever Evil to collect and then I'll be done with floppies.

Wow, is this really that common? I might be moving in the coming months but my LCS has been awesome with holds and helping me get stuff. I hope if I switch shops that this doesn't happen. That's really shitty that people have these problems at their LCS.

Owzers

what about DCBS? Marvel titles for $2.39 with digital codes is too enticing right now. I use the best pages as my hires ipad wallpaper XP

Splatt

I see Daredevil, Captain Marvel and Secret Avengers there. All good picks (I haven't read X-Force despite getting #1).

It's the Catwoman of Marvel comics.

I liked cap marvel run, but didn't enjoy it as much when he went insane. I still need to go through PADs hulk run

I loved both volumes, but crazy Genis-Vell takes the cake for me. He was an expert troll, such a shame he's stuck in limbo ;_;

Mdk7

Thanks guys for the feedback on Ghost Rider.
I'm not a fan of the series (i don't read Marvel/DC/Superheroes comics in general), but the art is damn fascinating from what i've seen.
I'll probably give it a look and download the first one from Comixology after reading your impressions.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Im avoiding the Marvel Cinematic Universe OT thread for fear of Captain America spoilers, so going to post this here:

I hope Thanos brings the Black Order with him to conquer Earth. They don't need to follow the Infinity comic, but I'd love to see Black Dwarf, Corvus Glaive, Ebony Maw, Supergiant, and Proxima Midnight do a lot of the legwork for Thanos before Thanos takes on all of the Avengers. If they had to cut a few of the Black Order out due to screentime, I'd want Ebony Maw, Corvus, and Proxima to be the main three that accompany Thanos on his conquest.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Splatt pls

Morbius the Living Vampire is already dead. you don't have to do this

I still have no idea what they were thinking when they did Morbius. There's an entire section of the Marvel Universe that sits around almost completely unused, the supernatural and magic side, and they have a book starring a vampire who just wants to be normal again. It's a goddamn no brainer, how they didn't put the two together I will never know.

Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale was great.

Everything I wanted in a Transformers comic.

Looks like the
Decepticons
need a new leader.

What'd he say his name was?
Galvatron: GALVATRON!

Dark Cybertorn started a bit slow but the last two issues were top notch Transformers fun. The new status quo is going to be really interesting for both books.

Have you read the preview of the next MTME? I need this yesterday.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I liked cap marvel run, but didn't enjoy it as much when he went insane. I still need to go through PADs hulk run

yeah I agree I think they wasted his character making him go mad and adding him to the thunderbolts. I actually think he would be a good addition to the bendis GoG because his celestial awareness would give them the ability to run "crisis of the week" storylines and Bendis could then just focus on his dialogue.

Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale was great.

Everything I wanted in a Transformers comic.

Looks like the
Decepticons
need a new leader.

What'd he say his name was?
Galvatron: GALVATRON!

Yeah they had been building up to that for a few years now.
Even the character building they did to Megatron made his decision in the end make some sense. I just don't want it to go to smoothly

CorvoSol

Spider-Island was like, 4 bucks on Comixology, and I picked up the whole backlog of Batman Beyond that I had yet to read (nearly a year's worth!) for like, 17 more.

So I got some reading to do now, I suppose.

On the one hand, I feel bad about spending so much on the right to look at pictures online, but on the other hand, I don't really have any means of storing the comics, either.

Would I need comprehensive knowledge of the marvel universe to read something like Original Sin? There are a lot of characters in the teasers that I know nothing about, since I just got into comics and am only pulling six series right now. I like the Marvel Now solo series because I can just read them without needing background, but the premise of Original Sin really interests me.

Would I need comprehensive knowledge of the marvel universe to read something like Original Sin? There are a lot of characters in the teasers that I know nothing about, since I just got into comics and am only pulling six series right now. I like the Marvel Now solo series because I can just read them without needing background, but the premise of Original Sin really interests me.

If you can't read a #1 without prior knowledge, it has failed as a #1. Especially events like this that are trying to appeal to lots of people. I imagine having a history might help, but I'm sure it'll be fine(until proven otherwise)

Onemic

If you can't read a #1 without prior knowledge, it has failed as a #1. Especially events like this that are trying to appeal to lots of people. I imagine having a history might help, but I'm sure it'll be fine(until proven otherwise)

Ive always assumed a lot of #1's in the marvel universe required some knowledge of past events to understand what was going on. X-force vol.3 #1 although really good, was also hella confusing due to so many things having gone on beforehand that they just sorta assume the reader knows. Same goes with #1 of Astonishing xmen(although a whole lot less so)

marvel has a recap page that has genral information.

for Orignal sin all you need to know is the wacher is dead, and his killer has taken all the info he has gathered

Messi

I have a friend who refuses to read any comic that is more than a few issues deep. He seems to buy the most random stuff with #1 on the cover. So he wont read Batman or anything like it. He has no concept of storylines and being able to jump in easily at certain points. Its kind of infuriating.

I tell him to read Zero Year and he is like "Thats like 20 issues in and id have no idea whats going on or who everyone is"......I mean how can I explain this. All you need to know is that he is Batman lol.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I have a friend who refuses to read any comic that is more than a few issues deep. He seems to buy the most random stuff with #1 on the cover. So he wont read Batman or anything like it. He has no concept of storylines and being able to jump in easily at certain points. Its kind of infuriating.

I tell him to read Zero Year and he is like "Thats like 20 issues in and id have no idea whats going on or who everyone is"......I mean how can I explain this. All you need to know is that he is Batman lol.

Will he not pick up the trades either? He could just buy the first four trades of Batman and then jump on. Then he'll be reading it and he'll know exactly what's happened. And he'll have presumably read some great comics.

Messi

Will he not pick up the trades either? He could just buy the first four trades of Batman and then jump on. Then he'll be reading it and he'll know exactly what's happened. And he'll have presumably read some great comics.

Yeah he could but it's like this for every series I recommend. Saga, Batman, American Vampire, Batgirl, Thor God of Thunder, Catwoman, Batman and Robin (I understand this, it's better if he starts at the beginning).

He also refuses to read Hawkeye as the art 'sucks'. I might need to blacklist him.

Ultimate Spiderman 200 next week. i have no idea what to expect

Spider-Men most likely. I am very excited.

SRG01

For those of you that read GotG,
what on earth just happened with Jean Grey? Is this some sort of allusion to future OG Jean?

Also, I really like splitting Cyke and Jean up for future issues. Mixes things up a bit.

CorvoSol

Just read through the Batman Beyond 2.0 Rewired storyline. Pretty awesome, although this 1 year time skip has me somewhat confused. I don't recall Terry
being at odds with Dana or Bruce at the end of that arc.
So I assume that means that something happened in the interim. Course,
Terry being at odds with Bruce and Dana
is about as common a thing in Batman Beyond as it gets.

Just read through the Batman Beyond 2.0 Rewired storyline. Pretty awesome, although this 1 year time skip has me somewhat confused. I don't recall Terry
being at odds with Dana or Bruce at the end of that arc.
So I assume that means that something happened in the interim. Course,
Terry being at odds with Bruce and Dana
is about as common a thing in Batman Beyond as it gets.

I've been a huge fan of the Batman Beyond / Justice League Beyond stuff for the past couple of years. It's just great. Are you reading Justice League Beyond or just Batman Beyond? This last arc, the Brainiac Invasion has introduced and reintroduced so many great characters to the DCAU.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
After watching Winter Soldier, I really want to read more Brubaker based Captain America. I wanted to buy the Captain America by Ed Brubaker Tradepaperbacks, but I am not sure, whether they include Winter Soldier, what would be essential for me. Does anybody know, if they are included? Or do I really have to buy the Winter Soldier Complete Collection Books?

Tizoc

I liked Ghost Rider #1.
Transformers: Dark Cybertron's final chapter was good too, interested in seeing where they go with this now.
Hopefully the series will last longer and focus on the characters with it being its own thing.

EDIT:
I've read the following Webcomics so far, some I've caught up on (thanks to GAFfers' recommendations):
Nimona
Gunnerkrigg Court
Cucumber Quest
Unsounded
Ava's Demon
Charles Christopher

I can't access Spinnerette at work and want something that's either character/pathos focused, sci-fi or Fantasy

EDI2: Yo Gronk is adorable
2010-06-25.jpg

http://www.gronkcomic.com

For those of you that read GotG,
what on earth just happened with Jean Grey? Is this some sort of allusion to future OG Jean?

Also, I really like splitting Cyke and Jean up for future issues. Mixes things up a bit.

She went SSJ2 without the hyperbolic time chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom