• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Howard the Duck will save comics.

Wait, that's Animal Man? Shit, that's great.

Already has, my dude. Also, I love this flyer for the HTD and Sex Crims vol. 2 launch party:
SEXHOWARD.jpg

Hmm. Raises an interesting question:

Could Animal Man borrow Captain Carrot's powers?

I guess, but Animal Man and Captain Carrot being on the same team wouldn't be a good idea, would it?

"If I spend too much that close to any one animal, I start to bond with it, and it messes up my connection to all the other animals. Then my powers might not work like they should."

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
It's always a bummer when talented artists release awesome concept art for cancelled comics, especially when it's Travel Foreman.

Filthy Slug

Wanted to go to that to get HtD signed, but I couldn't make it in time after work.
Damn, dude. I just want to meet Chipper. Fraction has always been cool as hell in person, but I'd like some 1-on-1 time with my favorite Applebee's spokesperson.
Goddamn, someone has to fix that. His Animal Man stuff with Lemire was a highlight of the New 52.
Him and Lemire had something really awesome and special going in the beginning of their run, man. That was probably my most looked forward to book of the new 52 initially, and that lasted for their entire stint together. At least Forman got to end what remained of that series on a really sweet note.

tim1138

Damn, dude. I just want to meet Chipper. Fraction has always been cool as hell in person, but I'd like some 1-on-1 time with my favorite Applebee's spokesperson.

Him and Lemire had something really awesome and special going in the beginning of their run, man. That was probably my most looked forward to book of the new 52 initially, and that lasted for their entire stint together. At least Forman got to end what remained of that series on a really sweet note.

Zdarsky is absolutely hilarious in person, and one of the nicest people I've ever met. Dude was telling us stories about all these ridiculous pitches he and the guys in his studio would come up with. A lot of it was new to Fraction too, he was laughing as hard as we were.

Messi

Zdarsky is absolutely hilarious in person, and one of the nicest people I've ever met. Dude was telling us stories about all these ridiculous pitches he and the guys in his studio would come up with. A lot of it was new to Fraction too, he was laughing as hard as we were.

Totally going to face up to my social anxiety and go to that signing for him next month. I want to get him to sign my big hard ... sex criminals. That will be out before mind April right?

Would you guys think me weird if I ordered this? Or has that ship already sailed?

Why do I feel like you have already ordered it and are asking now to make yourself feel better?

Go for it. It is awesome.

tim1138

Messi said:
Totally going to face up to my social anxiety and go to that signing for him next month. I want to get him to sign my big hard ... sex criminals. That will be out before mind April right?

When he was here you could give him $10 to sign any book you wanted as Stan Lee. All the money went to the CBLDF and it was generally hilarious. I'm pretty sure dude would sign anything you put in front of him, regardless if he worked on it.
Chip is super nice, super funny, and a super weird dude.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Either would I. Love all new Cap right now.

I liked it more than Cap & The Mighty Avengers and it has been getting better. Girlfriend hates it though. Other options would be to drop Superior Iron Man (i've always been mixed on it) or Magneto (AXIS took the hype out of this comic for me). Girlfriend keeps pressuring me to drop The Fade Out, but I enjoy the art and change of pace from capes, so fighting to keep it on our 50+ comic pull list.

Messi

I liked it more than Cap & The Mighty Avengers and it has been getting better. Girlfriend hates it though. Other options would be to drop Superior Iron Man (i've always been mixed on it) or Magneto (AXIS took the hype out of this comic for me). Girlfriend keeps pressuring me to drop The Fade Out, but I enjoy the art and change of pace from capes, so fighting to keep it on our 50+ comic pull list.

I would drop Iron Man personally.

Yeah. I have half this thread on ignore. I see a lot of my own posts :(

I am sure I am on a few lol.
Am I part of the not-ignored cool list?

That Batgirl cover thread turned out pretty unfortunately. I didn't see anything wrong with it myself but I never really considered something like what Nudull said here. Definitely changes things a bit.

That Batgirl cover thread turned out pretty unfortunately. I didn't see anything wrong with it myself but I never really considered something like what Nudull said here. Definitely changes things a bit.

I thought it was a cool cover. Terrifying, but cool. I think at some point, we as a society need to stop assuming everything is expressing some anti-female sentiment and just let comic plotlines be comic plotlines.

I thought it was a cool cover. Terrifying, but cool. I think at some point, we as a society need to stop assuming everything is expressing some anti-female sentiment and just let comic plotlines be comic plotlines.

I'm a little torn, honestly. On one hand, comics as a medium (and honestly, popular entertainment as a whole) really does have a problem with how it treats and portrays women, but on the other hand, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. There seems to be this weird process where, for some people, once they understand that broader issue everything becomes an expression of it.

Filthy Slug

When the principle lens through which you perceive media is dedicated to finding and decrying sexism, you're primed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priming_(psychology) to see it wherever you look. From the '40s on into the early '80s, Freudian literary readings were fashionable, and produced tomes of criticism about literary texts that suggested as much if not more about the critics who interpreted the texts than the reading experiences produced by those texts. Sometimes clouds can look like faces. But when you've spent a cross-country car trip sitting beside someone who sees a face in every single cloud, you stop looking to confirm whether he is correct on a given instance.

I think the "fight" in that thread could have easily stopped after this post.

Really glad the post seems to have been lost in the shuffle of shit...

SoilBreak

Banned

Would drop Superior IronMan IMO.

Zombine

Banned
I think the "fight" in that thread could have easily stopped after this post.

Really glad the post seems to have been lost in the shuffle of shit...

You seem to be surprised that a post that requires dedication to a new idea which deviates from whatever narrative a poster is trying to paint for quotes would go ignored.

Top Bottom