• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Sound like reapers from Mass Effect

Nah. This one has a very different design!

It is also a techno-organic entity that they defeat when Superman "disables some critical systems".

I1iPuB2.jpg

-_-

lmao who wrote this shit

Bryan Hitch.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
What's the general consensus of the Ultimate Marvel line? I picked up a few Ultimate Marvel TPB's (Ultimate Spider-Man first 6 volumes, Ultimates and Ultimates 2, Ultimate X-Men first 4 volumes, Ultimate Galactus trilogy) and I'' planing to start reading through them but I've heard mixed things regarding some of the events.

Is it worth reading through the line?

ultimate spiderman is fantastic

not a fan of much else

Finished Arrival. Very sad and beautiful. Sharing no spoilers, I just love that we've got to the point of high budget sci-fi movies with top tier directors and actors to tell a very small but completely on point and intimate emotional story. I feel spoiled I get to watch a movie like that. Loved it.

Birdie, behave haha. That trailer was great man and I honestly think the seemingly jumpy parts were just how they cut the trailer. The scenes I could parse out individually seem super faithful to the novel for the most part. I'm not sure I remember Georgia being so afraid of him? But the other parts seemed right.

Whoa, Bookhunter was quite brilliant. Completely absurd premise and over the top writing but the whole thing is so well paced. And hilarious. And well researched!

The year is 1973. A priceless book has been stolen from the Oakland Public Library. A crack team of Bookhunters (aka. library police) have less than three days to recover the stolen item. It’s a race against the clock as our heroes use every tool in their arsenal of library equipment to find the book and the mastermind who stole it.

tim1138

Finished Arrival. Very sad and beautiful. Sharing no spoilers, I just love that we've got to the point of high budget sci-fi movies with top tier directors and actors to tell a very small but completely on point and intimate emotional story. I feel spoiled I get to watch a movie like that. Loved it.

Birdie, behave haha. That trailer was great man and I honestly think the seemingly jumpy parts were just how they cut the trailer. The scenes I could parse out individually seem super faithful to the novel for the most part. I'm not sure I remember Georgia being so afraid of him? But the other parts seemed right.

Oh man, I'm glad you liked Arrival. That was hands down my favorite movie last year.

Vic_Viper

What is the general consensus of writer Charles Soule? Hes writting everything it seems like at Marvel currently. Havent really read much of what hes done, that I know of, so far accept for Death of Wolverine and the first issue of IvX and it seemed ok. Read some of his DC stuff, but nothing that really captured my attention.

Is there anything hes done that is absolutely worth checking out that shows off his talent?

How was Letter 44? How is his Daredevil run now that hes alot further into it? I know at first people werent too happy with it.

Who are the best Marvel Writers working there currently? Other than say Jason Aaron, Matt Fraction, and Bendis (/s lol)

Sandfox

I thought everbody loved it. Or was a differen JL book?
Most people have hated it since the beginning. You might be thinking JLA, but I'm not really sure what the consensus on that books is.
What is the general consensus of writer Charles Soule? Hes writting everything it seems like at Marvel currently. Havent really read much of what hes done, that I know of, so far accept for the first issue of IvX and it seemed ok. Read some of his DC stuff, but nothing that really captured my attention.

Is there anything hes done that is absolutely worth checking out that shows off his talent?

How was Letter 44? How is his Daredevil run now that hes alot further into it? I know at first people werent too happy with it.

His Red Lantern run is popular, and in terms of his Marvel output I feel that the stuff that he puts out that isn't co-written tends to be good. His She-Hulk run is well regarded as well, but it's not all that long.

His Daredevil run is really strong after a weak start. I think it's one of the best books Marvel is putting out.

What is the general consensus of writer Charles Soule? Hes writting everything it seems like at Marvel currently. Havent really read much of what hes done, that I know of, so far accept for Death of Wolverine and the first issue of IvX and it seemed ok. Read some of his DC stuff, but nothing that really captured my attention.

I don't have much experience with his work but I'm not a fan. She Hulk was kind of dull and boring and I ended up dropping it. Read an issue or so of his Daredevil and hated it. Didn't seem like he understood the character and his cast at all and Tenfingers is the dumbest villain I've seen in years.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I haven't read a comic in about a week, but I couldn't resist diving into the new issue of Lazarus.

God damn it's so fucking good. What an incredible climax.

Sadly it sounds like it will be at least a year before arc six :( But there is going to be a miniseries in the meantime.

A Lazarus mini-series?

Messi

Who are the best Marvel Writers working there currently? Other than say Jason Aaron, Matt Fraction, and Bendis (/s lol)

Marvel wishes they still had Fraction

Ewing, G Willow Wilson, North, Slott, Waid and Gillen probably

A Lazarus mini-series?

They are doing a mini series in the year off while Lark gets ahead.

Vic_Viper

Marvel wishes they still had Fraction

Ewing, G Willow Wilson, North, Slott, Waid and Gillen probably

Fraction left Marvel lol? Damn is everyone leaving, wtf Marvel.

I thought this new relaunch would see a return of some of the old favorites but it doesnt seem like its going to happen any time soon.

Messi

I thought this new relaunch would see a return of some of the old favorites but it doesnt seem like its going to happen any time soon.

Fairly sure Fraction and Kelly Sue have beef with Marvel. Fraction didn't leave on the best of terms if I remember correctly.

VanWinkle

Red Lanterns and Swamp Thing were both fantastic runs by Soule.

Sandfox

Right now I feel like Marvel has a lot of writers putting out good content, but many of them are still newer names. The big names they have left seem to be delivering for the most part though IMO, but they could stand to bring some more in.

The current rumor is that Marvel will be bringing in more big name talent in 2018.

frye

the thing about Soule is even when people were high on him it felt like 90% of it was like "this dude is writing like 20 books!"

Oh man, I'm glad you liked Arrival. That was hands down my favorite movie last year.

I thought it was wonderful man. It just hits that spot where it drills right into your heart and pulls the strings. The question the lead has to ask themselves by the end is gutwrenchingly awful and sad, but it has it's own beauty in it's resolution and I'm not sure I could have made any other choice myself.

Um. lol. The only books I'm reading write now are by Aaron, Lemire & Latour. Lemire is on his way out and I won't go shitting anyone that Latour is a top bill writer. I like him but he's not up there. hat leaves Aaron and you said other than. Got my eye on Waid's Black Widow though, hopefully that's a winner. Maybe him? He did Daredevil before that, and that was well acclaimed. The answer should be Bru, or Hickman, or Fraction, or even maybe Remender? But we know how they all turned out.

Messi

I'd like to take a moment to say how awesome it was to have Amanda Conner back doing interiors on Kamandi Challenge this week. Beautiful issue and my fave one so far.

Sandfox

To give a somewhat more elaborate answer on what I think of the current Marvel writers: Aaron, Duggan, Ewing, Wilson, Spencer, Pak, Slott(though many people have grown tired of him on ASM), Conway, Gillen and Bendis(who is putting out some good stuff at the moment) are probably the best vet writers atm. I don't know what to think of Waid right now, Soule is doing good work on Daredevil and his Star Wars stuff, I need to see what Bunn does with X-Men Blue since I haven't been reading his other books, and Hopeless is good, but I think he's like Bendis and needs the right kind of book. Right now newer writers like Rosenberg, Tamaki, Loveness, Walker, Thompson and Hastings are putting out strong work.

So... is Ghost Rider over? Cause if that was it, man what a weak run.
Yup. It got canceled because it was weak, but we'll see what happens with Ghost Rider next I guess.

Top Bottom