• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Owzers

Doctor strange was pretty good but
i found the time loop ending slightly goofy along with how pouty mordu was.

I don't like the way Zelda controls, it always feels clunky

Messi

Harleen #2

6C1Dv9I.jpg

Gwenpool #0 - #4 was so good. I love everything about it. It is inane, stupid, hilarious, weird and then just for a couple of panels it pauses and hints at something a little more real underneath. I need v2 now.

I also love this cover.

UelAGng.png

Vic_Viper

Just ordered Waid's Daredevil Omnibus (Vol. 1). Is this the entire run? I cant seem to find any info on if they are doing a Vol. 2, and it seems like his run is 1-32 but the Vol 1 Omni covers up to like 27?

caliph95

Just ordered Waid's Daredevil Omnibus (Vol. 1). Is this the entire run? I cant seem to find any info on if they are doing a Vol. 2, and it seems like his run is 1-32 but the Vol 1 Omni covers up to like 27?
Based on some googling the omnibus doesn't cover the entire run but so far that is the only omnibus of mark waid's run so far.

The run's split into two parts. It started at #1 again after 36 issues. It looks like the omnibus is the equivalent of the first two hardcovers and a bit extra, but not quite the entire first half.

Vic_Viper

The run's split into two parts. It started at #1 again after 36 issues. It looks like the omnibus is the equivalent of the first two hardcovers and a bit extra, but not quite the entire first half.

Thanks. Hope Marvel does a Vol. 2 but I guess it all depends on sales numbers.

Really want a Bendis Daredevil reprint. Not sure why they did Brubaker before Bendis though lol. Plus I dont understand why they did his Daredevil run instead of his Iron Fist Omnibus.

How is the art for Bendis' Daredevil run? I read the first 3 issues and really wasnt happy with the art style. I understand it has something to do with this kid, but does this entire run use the same style for the art or does it switch after the first few issues?

Edit: looks like the arc Wake up is what I was referring too. When that arc is over, it looks like Bendis took a break for a few issues and starts up again with the arc Underboss and the art gets ALOT better imo.

Owzers

Did you up the camera speed? That helped me a bunch.
That helped a bit, still need an auto equip when your weapon breaks and my flurry strikes seem to whiff a lot or be inconsistent getting them. Dodging feels awkward since it's just a side jump, you float in the air and look goofy.

Edit: looks like the arc Wake up is what I was referring too. When that arc is over, it looks like Bendis took a break for a few issues and starts up again with the arc Underboss and the art gets ALOT better imo.

Those first few issues aren't traditionally recognised as the Bendis run everyone lauds, I can hardly remember them so not sure if I liked them or not. It's consistently all the way through with Maleev though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, the Shi Ar should go fuck themself for betraying earth after the Avengers saved them in the Infinity War.

And the reveal of Rabum Alal was quiete something. To unexpected, curious how this is going to get solved.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
OK, so now I have gotten to the point, where its finally explained why all the shit with the Incursions went down, but somehow I think I only understood the outlines...

Just went through a few new books...

Man-Thing: A Man-Thing book that wishes it were something else, anything else. Stine's first task is to strike Man-Thing of the things that make him an interesting character for the sake of another bland fish-out-of-water story, another book that is too damn self-aware for its own good. Garbage. Pass.

Darkness Visible: Eh, this was okay. I gave it a couple of issues actually. But there isn't enough interesting going on here, I don't like the characters and Carey is doing some surprisingly careless pontificating on race with this book. You know how the X-Men lean too heavily into this territory sometimes, and it just gets uncomfortable and rings false, well this is a whole book like that, only we are talking about literal demons being the oppressed minority. Pass.

Savage Things: Lifts a bit too heavily from other recent work to construct its premise...it's sorta Deadly Class meets Dexter, I guess? While I thought that was kinda dull and disappointing, I liked how this first issue was constructed, it's pretty exciting, and the end managed to hook me. It's on the bubble but I'm looking forward to the next issue.

Elektra: I liked this more than Kingpin or Bullseye but that's not saying much. I think it's a bit too generic to attract much attention or generate buzz, and the setup is boring, but the art is nice in motion. I loved the fight scene, in fact that's probably all that's keeping me on board for the next issue.

I gotta say though...fucking
Arcade
?? Again!? If I'm not mistaken this cat is now the big bad in three current arcs. Really Marvel. His schtick is not THAT interesting. There are only so many stories you can tell with this character. This shouldn't even happen with an A-tier villain let alone fucking
Arcade
. :|

Grass Kings: I didn't think this had much going for it at all. Nothing to the characters that hooks me and much of the issue is poorly constructed, bogging the reader down in far too much exposition. It isn't even terribly good exposition. Pass.

First issues should always manage to get to the good part, even if they have to run long. Grass Kings ran long and still didn't get there.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
About to reach the end. Sadly, in the last act, Hickman became to complicated for its own good. Have 1-2 Issues left but I am a bit bummed now. Its still good but still :/
EDit: Didnt liked the end. Not a fucking clue what happened exactly with Doom & Strange and what the Cabal was up to in the Ultimate Universe. Meh!

Got some new books in:
This One Summer
Super Mutant Magic Academy
Skim
Anya's Ghost

Wanted to check out more by the Tamakis after enjoying Hulk and that Supergirl mini so far. Plus, felt like reading some GNs instead of trades and collections of ongoings. Think I'll enjoy them.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Next up Secret Wars. Then Standoff. Then Civil War II.

I really need Reprints of Byrnes Fantastic Four. Sounds like they are super Sci-Fi as well.

Can it be that Hickmann took a lot of inspiration and Storydetails for booth his Fantastic Four and Avengers Runs from it?

No, I don't think they're all that similar.

Though Hickman makes frequent reference to greater cosmic entities, they don't really have a big role to play in the story imho. Ultimates/Ultimates 2 is closer

Top Bottom