• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

error4041

The Loki tie-in to Axis was pretty good at least.
yPtplst.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Pretty barren tomorrow

Justice League Of America #3

James Bond Hammerhead #6

Infamous Iron Man #6 Inhumans Prime #1
Thanos #5
X-Men Prime #1

All of the GitS manga is on sale for $20 on Comixology. ($14 if someone uses the code Boogie posted yesterday).

A lot of Jodorowsky's works are on sale too. For $2 an issue.

[

So now we have to bring up Ray and Tim. These two don't fit into the Superman mythos. My only assumption of these two is simply that Ray found his prison/base of operations, since all we have to go off of is the communique he sent to Choi. My assumption for Tim on the other hand, brings more light to Oz's motives, and that's that he is assembling a force to bring down Manhattan. Why? Because Tim knew about Batman's plans. That he was simultaneously building and seeding multiple teams in, as Tim puts it, "preparing for war." We don't receive an answer, and going by the upcoming crossover, The Button, I assume it's because he's aware of a greater multiversal threat, and is prepping for it. Oz sees this as advantageous in his favor, and so he wants to keep that. Tim finding out creates a risk that would expose that whole endeavor.

When was it revealed Oz had kidnapped Ray Palmer?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Memento Mori
Illuminatus.

:(((( I want my Illuminati book back :((((((((( I mean its ok when they retire for some time before getting at it again, the Illuminati are something that needs to be done carefully, but I want it back at some point :(

Harren's stint on Seven To Eternity is two issues then Opena is back. Remender has his cover up on twitter. Not sure how to link that but it's cool enough.

Kill Or Be Killed vol 1 this evening.

Owzers

I chickened out on east of west vol 1 and 2 hc before the sale ended today. Rebuying things, it's weird, there's just no excitement for getting comics in the mail you've already read. It's the same for buying movies you've seen. Well, one day I'll watch it again...

kmfdmpig

I have Marvel unlimited so any recommendations for stuff to read.

Anything really but I'm mostly in a weird mood between Cosmic and Street level crime stories.

You've gotten some good recommendations already, such as Nextwave. How about Superior Foes of SpiderMan? That is mostly street level, but flirts with higher level powers as well and it's very entertaining.

Ewing is always reliable for making the best of a bad situation.

I'd love to see what he could do over at DC though. He seems like he'd be clutch on something like Legion of Superheroes.
Yeah, I want to see an Image book from him as well.

The pencils of the new Absolute Authority cover:

Going to bed in a new apartment now. The move was a success and now we just need to get everything (but the beds which are already fixed) up over the next couple of days. No more will there be cable madness under the TV!

Damn, this Brubaker book lol. I don't know if it's more compelling if
the demon turns out to be real or not
I like something of the little things he drops in the story outwith Dylan's narration. It not only makes me feel like there's a deeper world, it also kind of makes me wonder how much of Dylan's interpretation of the world is reliable. Interested to see where all this is going....

shingi70

Banned
You've gotten some good recommendations already, such as Nextwave. How about Superior Foes of SpiderMan? That is mostly street level, but flirts with higher level powers as well and it's very entertaining.

Already read superior foes, haven't read alot of marvel from the 80s on down.

jurgen

Also relevant:

for those asking, the new Absolute Authority will feature all the Ellis-Hitch Authority stuff, a new cover and new story! (by us!)
https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/status/845434358366437378

Already read superior foes, haven't read alot of marvel from the 80s on down.

I noticed you mentioned cosmic earlier. Abnett/Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy is clutch if you haven't checked it out.

Yeah, I want to see an Image book from him as well.

Going to bed in a new apartment now. The move was a success and now we just need to get everything (but the beds which are already fixed) up over the next couple of days. No more will there be cable madness under the TV!

Amazon listing for this is showing a $25 price bump from the catalogue. :(

Any thoughts on the series Alex + Ada? I have no familiarity with the creators but saw an early review of their new book at Image and it got me thinking about it. Just wondering if folks dig it, don't care etc?

caliph95

Thought as much, thanks everyone. Whats the overall consensus on which X book to get? I'm leaning towards Blue, and also Astonishing.
Personally beside just continuing reading with the wolverine books, i'm inclined to Astonishing and Weapon X because i like the writers greg land aside, Going to wait and see for Cable and GX. I want to like Gold because of the team but Guggenheim

Sandfox

It's a one shot for the "RessurXion" relaunch, because people need to be reminded that Guggenheim is writing a flagship X-book...

I'm preparing myself to be disappointed.
At worse I expect his book to be super safe. I felt the preview was fine at least so I'm waiting to see how he does over the course of an entire issue and I just want him to deliver on the promise that the X-Men are going back to being superheroes.
Thought as much, thanks everyone. Whats the overall consensus on which X book to get? I'm leaning towards Blue, and also Astonishing.
I would recommend just going with what looks the most appealing to you. Right now I'm planning on going with:
Gold
Blue
All-New Wolverine
Jean Grey
Generation X
Astonishing

Thinking of picking up Appleseed and Ghost In The Shell in the manga sale over on Comixology. I like sci-fi, but not sure I'd enjoy them. I do enjoy Nihei's work Blame and Biomega though

Thinking of picking up Appleseed and Ghost In The Shell in the manga sale over on Comixology. I like sci-fi, but not sure I'd enjoy them. I do enjoy Nihei's work Blame and Biomega though

I've been thinking about grabbing those Blame volumes that have been coming out. Art is great, but how are they for story?

Messi

Erica Henderson posted a sketch of Emma Frost on twitter and said she drew it after being told they can't use Emma in an upcoming issue of Squirrel Girl so of course that is all she wants to sketch now. Marvel has plans? You gonna redeem my girl?

shingi70

Banned
The main story is Sucidie Squad has jumped in quality since Lee left. It's the same amount of pages but the wriying seems more mature, and it helps that the back ups are intergrated into the main story.

Messi

The main story is Sucidie Squad has jumped in quality since Lee left. It's the same amount of pages but the wriying seems more mature, and it helps that the back ups are intergrated into the main story.

Yup, really enjoying it now. Good stuff.

Ross61

Never doubted Rob Williams. His Martian Manhunter run was the second best DCYOU book imo.

Sandfox

Erica Henderson posted a sketch of Emma Frost on twitter and said she drew it after being told they can't use Emma in an upcoming issue of Squirrel Girl so of course that is all she wants to sketch now. Marvel has plans? You gonna redeem my girl?

From a Q&A with Bunn:
An X-Editor recently tweeted that us Emma fans should be reading your book. Can you give some hints as to what her role would be? The end of “IvX” seems to make it undeniably clear that she’ll be an antagonist, but gods we Emma fans are hoping that was just fluke and she won’t be such a mustache twirling caricature in your book.

So, here’s the thing, Patrick. Emma will be very important to my book, but I can’t reveal much more than that. She will, though, appear as she did in her last appearance. She has definitely taken on a more villainous role at this point. Does that mean she’ll stay that way? Who knows? Maybe so, maybe not. But when she displays a change of heart, it will take a little time to get there. Stick with me.

shingi70

Banned
Yup, really enjoying it now. Good stuff.

I'm tore up about what happened to Hack.

I like JrJr more than Lee and I'm liking this take on Quinn, kinda wish her solo would take more inspiration from this then being all hijinks all the time.

Top Bottom