• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

tim1138

The only one of those I could see being actually true is the J'onn thing with JLA. Orlando is a huge J'onn fan and it seems like the kind of swerve he'd pull.

ElNarez

Banned
look remember how one of those 4chan things said DC was in talks with George Miller to do a New Gods movie and that's when you knew it was too good to be true?

well, this says Tom King's doing fucking Checkmate.

ElNarez

Banned
oh yeah also that whole Batgirl part seems to be tailor-made for the reactionary 4chan types

it's like saying "oh yeah also dr light is back and guess what? he's a rapist again, hell yeah"

Ross61

major changes/storylines:

>Detective Comics roster will see Batman, Batwoman, Azrael, and Batwing return. New members will be Duke, Harper, and Anarky (!). Clayface will have retired during the timeskip
>Nightwing will be recruited by Spyral to search for Mar'i Grayson
>Burnside Batgirl is over, Rebirth sales were poor. Barbara will go back to being Oracle, she'll have a heroic sacrifice in Metal and be back in the wheelchair, both Batgirl books will be canceled and relaunched
>Batgirls, with Barbara (as Oracle) mentoring both Stephanie and Cassandra as new Batgirls, written by Genevieve Valentine

This is exactly how you know it's bullshit lmao

DC Comics rumors from 4chan probably tales from Someones ass but who knows

These almost seem believable, but the Shazam/Cyborg book written by Semper sounds weird and is a real bummer.

Man, I'd also be real pissed if RHatO split up so fast, we haven't even gotten a story of them as an actual team yet. I can't see that happening. RH and Artemis have been great together so far.

The more in depth I get in these the more hilarious and fake they seem.

J'onn as Batman? That seems like they just furthered the speculation that he was the fake Clark and just switched him into someone else.

All New X-Men spoilers:

So yep, looks like the O5 are in fact not actually from our reality. This of course makes no sense considering when young Scott almost died, old Scott started disappearing but you know, Bendis.

Ross61

These almost seem believable, but the Shazam/Cyborg book written by Semper sounds weird and is a real bummer.

Man, I'd also be real pissed if RHatO split up so fast, we haven't even gotten a story of them as an actual team yet. I can't see that happening. RH and Artemis have been great together so far.

The more in depth I get in these the more hilarious and fake they seem.

J'onn as Batman? That seems like they just furthered the speculation that he was the fake Clark and just switched him into someone else.

It's basically what everyone wants to happen, stuff that sounds believable at first, and stuff you outright hate. Mixed all together so it would sound true.

Messi

Was Bizzarro even in the first three issues? I feel like it was all Artemis and Todd until like the last two issues of the arc.

He was at the end of 3. I mean I have never enjoyed him as a character anywhere. I didn't like the other two as a duo either. Just not for me. Decent art though.

I read Rebirth and 1-3 I think.

He was at the end of 3. I mean I have never enjoyed him as a character anywhere. I didn't like the other two as a duo either. Just not for me. Decent art though.

I read Rebirth and 1-3 I think.

Ah, all good, was just curious. It's a bit of a different Bizarro, but I can understand not liking him.

The only rumor I can probably believe from that leak is Burnside Batgirl ending. I don't thin DC will retire Barbara or change the suit but I think it's time she goes back to Gotham.

dan2026

Barbara needs to go back to being Oracle.

Frankly she is and was a bit crap and boring as Batgirl. And only really came into her own as Oracle.

Cass was so much better as Bargirl it's not even funny.

Anyone know what time this DC stream is supposed to be on Sunday?

Even if rumors are completely fake, it makes me interested on what they actually talk about.

Not that I believe those rumours but for discussions sake. I've really enjoyed Burnside Batgirl, pre rebirth anyway haven't tried the new stuff yet. I'm not oppose to her going back to Oracle if it's been a failure or not what's inspiring writers being offered the job. I enjoyed Stephanie Brown as Batgirl, I've enjoyed Babs, and there's no reason I wouldn't enjoy someone else. That all said, I don't think saying her as Oracle has to be synonymous with being crippled in a wheelchair. That's not really the kind of thing I think they should be flip flopping back and forth on. I'd be pretty unimpressed if they decided to cripple her again. They had it one way, they made a big effort to put it back the other, definitely move on now.

Again, just discussions sake, I doubt any of that is true.

I would love to get Oracle back. We really need more disabled heroes.
Redisabling Barbara is problematic. I mean, how do you even do that? Nah. Though that wouldn't change whether or not she becomes Oracle. That just means she'd take more of a backseat, and based on what Birds of Prey is doing, it seems like that might be the case.
Babs is never leaving the Batgirl spot again, and burnside Batgirl is gonna stick around for a long time.
I disagree. She'll end up either as a more traditional Batgirl (in terms of costume) or going back to Oracle.
All New X-Men spoilers:

So yep, looks like the O5 are in fact not actually from our reality. This of course makes no sense considering when young Scott almost died, old Scott started disappearing but you know, Bendis.
What does it have to do with Bendis? He didn't retcon it.

Ross61

You can't even make an excuse for here going back to being crippled when there's technology out there that would fix her right back up.

All New X-Men spoilers:

Secret Wars.

Universe 7 ended.

Universe 8 has a different past created by Reed/Franklin/Molecule Man. This would naturally be a past in which the X-men never left, since that's what Reed and Franklin remember.

So the O5 are simply alt universe duplicates now and no longer part of the timeline, much like the 2099 refugees running around the Spiderman 2099 book.

It's a lazy way out of that problem but I can't see any satisfactory way to resolve the O5 problem period. Marvel kind of wrote themselves into a corner on that.

Hagi

Not that I believe those rumours but for discussions sake. I've really enjoyed Burnside Batgirl, pre rebirth anyway haven't tried the new stuff yet. I'm not oppose to her going back to Oracle if it's been a failure or not what's inspiring writers being offered the job. I enjoyed Stephanie Brown as Batgirl, I've enjoyed Babs, and there's no reason I wouldn't enjoy someone else. That all said, I don't think saying her as Oracle has to be synonymous with being crippled in a wheelchair. That's not really the kind of thing I think they should be flip flopping back and forth on. I'd be pretty unimpressed if they decided to cripple her again. They had it one way, they made a big effort to put it back the other, definitely move on now.

Again, just discussions sake, I doubt any of that is true.

I doubt they'd ever think of doing it again to be honest outside of timey wimey bullshit and even then that's a stretch. It's shit that they put her back in the cowl when she was really their biggest and most fleshed out disabled character but sadly it is what it is.

Some of those rumours sound so hard to believe I don't know why anybody would waste time making up such stuff lol

You can't even make an excuse for here going back to being crippled when there's technology out there that would fix her right back up.

They could amputate her legs. That would be dark as fuck, but she wouldn't be able to walk again without cybernetic legs.

And on the level of "It would be good to have more disabled heroes out there" I 100% agree with that sentiment, I actually totally agree with that. I think a lot of people are ignorant to disability through no fault of their own, because they have no reason to understand the realities of being disabled when not faced with it on a deep personal level. People who are disabled (which obviously is a huge broad term here that goes way beyond wheelchairs or paralysis) are often under represented or lack media they can engage in that explores and helps them with their circumstances, if that is important to them as a person with a disability so I agree on that level too. However, they made a decision to make this specific character disabled before. They explored that and apparently hit a creative dead end with it at some point (which is a point of contention in itself), and took it back. If it becomes something they flip flop on alongside what age Bruce will be or if Superman's boots have a band around the top or not though, there's not really cool, and would be easily interpreted as exploitative. It's just not a good idea or something that sits well with me.

I doubt they'd ever think of doing it again to be honest outside of timey wimey bullshit and even then that's a stretch. It's shit that they put her back in the cowl when she was really their biggest and most fleshed out disabled character but sadly it is what it is.

Some of those rumours sound so hard to believe I don't know why anybody would waste time making up such stuff lol

Oh yea, totally man, I don't disagree with you here, and I appreciate this is likely bullshit, this is just something I have a lot of thoughts on, and it started circling in my head so I figured I would just get it out there haha. I won't bang on haha, that's me had my bit, but I agree, taking the disability back and the opportunities there was very arguably a bad move, but it would be equally gross to just roll back and forth on the point.

Top Bottom