• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing else, Valiant certainly has the best cover art.

g9iBcgs.jpg

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Okay, I picked up Suicide Squad tpb #1, and I really liked it. And I think I'll be getting #2, but I sense it has huge ties to Death in the Family, so which Batbooks do I need to read the entire DitF arc? Just so I can be fully caught up.

Also why in the hell didn't anyone tell me Thunderbolts had Pool in it? Now I have to go buy all of those singles too.

Okay, I picked up Suicide Squad tpb #1, and I really liked it. And I think I'll be getting #2, but I sense it has huge ties to Death in the Family, so which Batbooks do I need to read the entire DitF arc? Just so I can be fully caught up.

Also why in the hell didn't anyone tell me Thunderbolts had Pool in it? Now I have to go buy all of those singles too.

This book: colllects the tie in issues from all the batbooks that were involved

Batman v3 has the rest. I think there's a couple issues overlap between batman v3 and that thing tho.

I stopped reading suicide squad but I think the one that crosses over would be v3. Batman doesn't get there til v3 and they are on the same issue number.

Tizoc

The reason we didn't tll you is primarily because it's written by Daniel Way and the art is by Steve 'Same Face' Dillon.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

If you really like bad art attached to bad writing, then hot damn, Thunderbolts is the book for you! Pick up the previous Parker runs and have fun with those.

Tizoc

If you really like bad art attached to bad writing, then hot damn, Thunderbolts is the book for you! Pick up the previous Parker runs and have fun with those.

Ellis' Thunderbolts run is still awesome thanks to how the characters are written. Dr. Samson chilling out with Robbie is among the best parts of that run.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
No...you really don't.

The reason we didn't tll you is primarily because it's written by Daniel Way and the art is by Steve 'Same Face' Dillon.

...Oh god no. Why. Okay scratch that. I guess I'll stick to the new run and the killustrated's, thanks Marvel.

This book: colllects the tie in issues from all the batbooks that were involved

Batman v3 has the rest. I think there's a couple issues overlap between batman v3 and that thing tho.

I stopped reading suicide squad but I think the one that crosses over would be v3. Batman doesn't get there til v3 and they are on the same issue number.

Ah, Thank you kindly. I will take a look for it at my shop, I appreciate the help.

frye

...Oh god no. Why. Okay scratch that. I guess I'll stick to the new run and the killustrated's, thanks Marvel.

Ah, Thank you kindly. I will take a look for it at my shop, I appreciate the help.

It's not out yet.

also why would you ever want to read every tie-in to an event comic

You're welcome. This seems like it's kind of their new policy on how to collect crossovers: every crossover issue goes in one big collection that exists as a companion to the main story, which is told in the main book as a regular numbered volume. They handled the last batman event the same way.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
You're welcome. This seems like it's kind of their new policy on how to collect crossovers: every crossover issue goes in one big collection that exists as a companion to the main story, which is told in the main book as a regular numbered volume. They handled the last batman event the same way.

Ah, well that's pretty handy. Saves me from losing sanity by only having two issues from a series I'll never collect.

It's not out yet.

Why not? I like comics dude, do I need a better reason?

DC universe Vs Masters of the universe

Keith giffen and Dexter Soy. wierd that Soy has already jumped to DC.

enhanced-buzz-6099-1368126605-33.jpg

coming august

After a long hiatus, Masters of the Universe returns! What are they doing in the DC Universe?

Keith Giffen: Basically, just getting on everybody’s nerves. Culture shock lives! Actually, they’ve come to stop Skeletor from doing to the DCU what he’s always wanted to do to Eternia.

im down, loved issue 1 of the new He-man ongoing

It's not out yet.

Ah, well that's pretty handy. Saves me from losing sanity by only having two issues from a series I'll never collect.

Why not? I like comics dude, do I need a better reason?

In the past, crossover stories have done a LOT to justify some cynicism. Even in cases where the main story is good, the tie-ins frequently don't turn out as good, and just disrupt other books' stories for a couple months.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
tumblr_mmlh4mcBPv1qe69nqo1_1280.jpg

Send this superior shithouse and his ruby red slip-slips packing, Kaine.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
An American Vampire Anthology is coming out Aug 7th.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comics/american-vampire-anthology-brings-new-blood-rucka-lemire-more/

Anthology” comprises eight “lost tales” of familiar favorites and new characters by a star-studded roster of writers and artists including multiple Eisner winner Greg Rucka (“Whiteout,” “Stumptown”), Jeff Lemire (“Animal Man,” “Sweet Tooth”), Gail Simone (“Batgirl,” “Secret Six”), Ray Fawkes (“Constantine”), Becky Cloonan (“American Virgin”), Francesco Francavilla (“The Black Beetle”) and the Brazilian brothers behind the Eisner-winning limited series “Daytripper,” Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba (the latter collaborated with writer Gerard Way on the Eisner-winning “Umbrella Academy”).

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Poor Steve Dillon.

You give the world Jesse Custer and this is how they repay you.

All he did was add preacher-wear to his stock creepy-eyed comics dude. The motherfucker draws the same awkward dead-faced fucks over and over and they're fucking terrible. He just happens to draw a hell of a violent fight scene.

Filthy Slug

You mean Stegman right, he deserves to be on the main book.

Yeah! Sorry--brainfart.

And I get that he deserves to be on the "main" book. But it was great having him on SS. The fun book. The better book.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Wow, that's a pretty good lineup. American Vampire is getting a hell of a push. I'm all over that.

Something is missing on these covers. :D

Then again they could be incomplete. :/

Damn those are nice covers. Glad they ditched the red band for them, it just wouldn't work.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I hope there's a Clark Kent/Prince Adam comic relief scene in that crossover.

The cartoon for MotU has aged terribly. It makes G.I. Joe look like The Sopranos. Even my four year old thought it was lame when we tried to watch an episode on Netflix.

Tizoc

Adventures of Superman #2:
Good gravy the art, wtf is this shit?!

Smallville #45:
I really don't like this unordered story telling lol. 2 issues it's Clark, then 1 issue it's Lois' story.
...but overall I'm still enjoying and loving this series.

Ixion090

So, I began to read Saga and got to issue #12. So far, it has been a very, very awesome read. It's bizarre, funny at times and it has magnificent character and world building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom