• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemeris

Read the AI lines in the GLaDOS voice.

Do it.

tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400.gif

Owzers

Six issues into Ind. Hulk and i'm not really enjoying it, especially 4-6, the book feels really stiff and i don't think Waid did that good of a job incorporating Banner's team

Damn howd that happen? And wasn't McFarlane in court with gaiman over a character??

Just googled some articles. So Gaiman claimed 3 of mcfarlanes characters were his???

AEREC

So did everything in DC get reset except for Batman and Green Lantern?

Also really not enjoying the new Justice League...it feels really fast paced and uninteresting. It's only redeeming qualities are the Shazaam stories. Also the news cast athe end really needs to go away...I honestly don't even bother reading them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So did everything in DC get reset except for Batman and Green Lantern?

Also really not enjoying the new Justice League...it feels really fast paced and uninteresting. It's only redeeming qualities are the Shazaam stories. Also the news cast athe end really needs to go away...I honestly don't even bother reading them.

No no, they reset those too. Snyder's doing Batman's Zero Year for the next big arc.

You are right about Shazaam being the only decent thing about Justice League.

frye

Damn howd that happen? And wasn't McFarlane in court with gaiman over a character??

Just googled some articles. So Gaiman claimed 3 of mcfarlanes characters were his???

Probably not totally accurate but: Macfarlane was using the characters they cocreated without paying Gaiman royalties or something - Gaiman sued, won. Later, Macfarlane created some knockoffs for toys, more court battles - Gaiman apparently owns everything and gives Angela to Marvel (aka the company Todd left to form Image)

JJD

A couple of hours ago I stumbled upon this little gem.

A pretty solid interpretation of some of that classic Lovecraftian action. And the best bit? It's free to read! I personally liked it so much, that I ordered myself the printed version.

Wow, thanks for the link dude!!! =)

I tend to only read major events, arcs, and TPBs, but after reading AvX, I wanted to know where they went with it, so I started reading All-New X-Men, and now I'm completely hooked and pained that I have to wait month-to-month.

dan2026

Why is Frazer Ivring so fucking good?

Just reading the latest issue of Uncanny X-men and I swear I could look at his art forever.

tim1138

Yup. As far as Batman goes all the writers just pick and choose what they want to be cannon at this point, which is everything. It wasn't so much a reset as it was a condensing.

Same with GL. Some version of the big events still happened, just in a shortened time span.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Why is Frazer Ivring so fucking good?

Just reading the latest issue of Uncanny X-men and I swear I could look at his art forever.

I've loved Frazer Irving since Klarion the Witch Boy. His work on Batman and Robin and The Shade was all superb and I always get giddy when I see he's drawing an issue of something.

wetwired

Ok Comic Gaf, recommend me something, I've just finishing an epic run of all invincible to date and loved it, previously I've really enjoyed locke and key, IDWs TMNT, Walking Dead.

I really want something like Invicible\Walking Dead with a consistent storyline throughout and a lot of issues out for me to knuckle down into. It's killing me after reading all the above stuff and now having to wait monthly for my fix, only for it to last 20 mins of reading.

EDIT> I've read Y The Last Man too, enjoyed it but it didn't hook me as consistently as the above and it kinda fell apart at the end.

kswiston

Ok Comic Gaf, recommend me something, I've just finishing an epic run of all invincible to date and loved it, previously I've really enjoyed locke and key, IDWs TMNT, Walking Dead.

I really want something like Invicible\Walking Dead with a consistent storyline throughout and a lot of issues out for me to knuckle down into. It's killing me after reading all the above stuff and now having to wait monthly for my fix, only for it to last 20 mins of reading.

EDIT> I've read Y The Last Man too, enjoyed it but it didn't hook me as consistently as the above and it kinda fell apart at the end.

Read Preacher

wetwired

Yeah I was just eyeing preacher off or sandman

I've heard 100 bullets is good too, but from the description I got it sounded like each issue was an independent story with no overall arc? Or was I just told dirty lies?

kswiston

Yeah I was just eyeing preacher off or sandman

I've heard 100 bullets is good too, but from the description I got it sounded like each issue was an independent story with no overall arc? Or was I just told dirty lies?

Preacher is more consistent with driving the story forward each issue. Sandman is awesome (probably my favourite series) but about half of it is longer story arcs with the other half being one-offs. A lot of the one-offs are very tangentially related to the overall plot. Much moreso than anything in Invincible, Walking Dead, or Y.

100 bullets seems to start off as a bunch of discrete story arcs (though each is longer than 1 issue), but later you see how they fit together.

Fear Agent, Transmetropolitan, American Vampire, and Irredeemable.

NEO0MJ

I was hoping you were joking about the stache lol but yeah I like the ending as well especially the homage to
Superman

Yeah, I really liked that. He redeemed himself, but not the way he expected. He didn't deserve what he had in mind, people in his universe loving him again.

kswiston

Savage Wolverine #8

Original Costume is best costume.

Blue and Yellow is the original costume. Byrne changed it to brown and tan because he thought it was ridiculous that a Canadian superhero (who takes his namesake from the actual animal wolverine) would be costumed in the school colours of the Michigan Wolverines.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, brown costume is the best.

Blue and Yellow is the original costume. Byrne changed it to brown and tan because he thought it was ridiculous that a Canadian superhero (who takes his namesake from the actual animal wolverine) would be costumed in the school colours of the Michigan Wolverines.
I had no idea. That explains why in the Wolverine Origins game the yellow costume is called "Classic" and brown is "Legendary".

Fun game by the way, even better after you get him in dressed appropriately.

Dang!!!

I had a few Nu52 Wonder Woman issues that I clearly never sat down and really read because holy moly, this series is amazing. Totally stand alone and really the closest thing to 100 Bullets Azz has done since that ended. I can't believe how great it is.

Owzers

Dang!!!

I had a few Nu52 Wonder Woman issues that I clearly never sat down and really read because holy moly, this series is amazing. Totally stand alone and really the closest thing to 100 Bullets Azz has done since that ended. I can't believe how great it is.

Best New 52 book there is *nods*

I'm catching up on Thor now after doing so on Ind. Hulk, it's really hard for me to get behind a book that introduces an " all powerful" enemy God killer. Apart from that, it's still a good book.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Finally catching up on my fat stack that's been building in my box over the last 3 weeks.

I've missed so much.

Also my comic guy gave me a packet of #1's for Valiant Comics. Just finished with Manowar #1 and I'm definitely going to need to find the rest. Super stoked about a new brand to start reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom