• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

What gets me, is that they could have squeezed the events of the past 8 issues into 2 or 3 issues.

I don't mind events so much, as long as they're better than this half-assed bullshit. It's called Age of Ultron, and WE HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN ULTRON LOLOLOLOLOL.

When they announced it was going to be 10 issues and triple shipping, by Bendis, i knew that it would have maybe 6 issues of content, at best. It's hard to pass up events though, this is the first one i've skipped in awhile since it's so close to AvX ( which was overly long as well with the Avengers and X-Men both playing a game of "find the Hope" for several issues) and didn't seem like it was effecting the Marvel books was reading.

Hickman's Infinity though...i'm in.

Holy crap I realize I'm about a decade late on this one but I just got done reading through Invincible. Wow! Loving that book. I couldn't put it down, I think I finished 1-100 in like 3 days.

Also just finished Preacher and I'm about half way into Sandman and Fables and they are all so good. Feels great to come into comics late, there is so much cool stuff to catch up on. Started the Morrison Bat epic, doing some of the peripheral reading right now, kind of hard to get through the old school (golden age?) stuff like Jimmy Olson but I'm hoping it pays off.

East of West, Thief of Thieves, Hawkeye, Daredevil: End of Days and Private Eye are my favorite books out right now.

I'm reading all the other NOW and New52 stuff as well but it feels kind of throw away honestly. Except Superior Spider-man, really like that book.

Splatt

What gets me, is that they could have squeezed the events of the past 8 issues into 2 or 3 issues.

I don't mind events so much, as long as they're better than this half-assed bullshit. It's called Age of Ultron, and WE HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN ULTRON LOLOLOLOLOL.

I like how Bendis abandonded that plotline of Rulk stealing Ultron bot corpse.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Thor #8 was awesome but it's getting pretty close to the precipice or dragging on. Uncanny and ANX seem to have throttled down as well since cyke's grand reemergence.

Parch

Holy crap I realize I'm about a decade late on this one but I just got done reading through Invincible. Wow! Loving that book. I couldn't put it down, I think I finished 1-100 in like 3 days.
Also just finished Preacher and I'm about half way into Sandman and Fables and they are all so good. Feels great to come into comics late, there is so much cool stuff to catch up on...
I'm reading all the other NOW and New52 stuff as well but it feels kind of throw away honestly.
I will never understand the overwhelming popularity of DC and Marvel superhero. There's some good books, but so much of it feels throw away to me.

I wonder if DC decided to reboot again and bring back the classic incarnation of the JSA and were just going to dump all of Robinson's world building. Seems like all they wanted to get was some sales from the initial shock value of a new Earth 2 and having a Gay Green Lantern

I wouldn't take anything at DC seriously right now. They've basically turned into one of those silly 90s comic book companies that made offshoots of iconic characters like Superman and X-Men. All these stories will be thrown out and they will start over in a year or two when the sales hit rock bottom and there is a regime change.

Parch

I think DC was hoping for some of that first issue crazy hype sales for their next wave titles, but it just hasn't happened.

Every time I look there's more cancellation talk plus some strange next wave New-52 title on the shelves. Does DC even have 52 titles anymore?

Mafro

I like how Bendis abandonded that plotline of Rulk stealing Ultron bot corpse.
I also like how he completely forgot that Iron Fist, Beast and Dr Strange were in his own story. One issue they were there and the next they just vanished.

Whedon/Ba did a comic book together?

sugar02.jpg

ReiGun

Earth 2 was one of DC's best book...

Probably gonna be written by Scott Lobdell now. Or maybe they'll stretch Jeff Lemire a little more...

CornetteFace-FuckThisCompany.jpg

Considering that Wonder Woman is the only good book left in DC's lineup if Azzerello leaves they might as well shut down their comic division until they can get good editors, writers and stories.

ReiGun

Considering that Wonder Woman is the only good book left in DC's lineup if Azzerello leaves they might as well shut down their comic division until they can get good editors, writers and stories.

Nah. I'm sure Levitz, Lemire, and Lobdell can write 40+ books between them. Simone, Synder, Johns, and the rest of the underachievers can get in where they fit in while Team L charts the course of the DC Universe!

Wool

Whats the situation with Orc Stain? Is it canceled or something? I got the trade a few months ago and it was great, but things are just getting going.

frye

It kind of hurts seeing a company I have a lot of nostalgic affection for (which is what really matters in cape comics tbh) like this.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Whats the situation with Orc Stain? Is it canceled or something? I got the trade a few months ago and it was great, but things are just getting going.

I think Stokoe draws at his own pace. I wanted to get the trade but Amazon has been out of stock.

Nah. I'm sure Levitz, Lemire, and Lobdell can write 40+ books between them. Simone, Synder, Johns, and the rest of the underachievers can get in where they fit in while Team L charts the course of the DC Universe!

Don't forget J.T.Krull or did DC break him?

Also the flagship book could be by Liefeld & Lee that comes out once every 2 years

ReiGun

Hear that guys! Send in your scripts!

Oh I hope I get it. First thing I'm gonna do is make Gentleman Ghost a recurring villain! The fight between him and Alan Scott is gonna be awesome.

Acid08

Banned
American Vampire one shot coming on June 12th. Written by Snyder & Albaquerque, art by Albuquerque.

Tony Moore variant:

american-vampire1.jpg

Looks really cool. I really need to read AmVamp.

Looks really cool. I really need to read AmVamp.

You really should. I've been with it since the first issue, and it's always been consistently good.

And they really give you your moneys worth in the trades. Instead of putting the mini-series (two to date) out in separate books, they just bundle them up in the next collected volume with the regular series story arc.

Acid08

Banned
You really should. I've been with it since the first issue, and it's always been consistently good.

And they really give you your moneys worth in the trades. Instead of putting the mini-series (two to date) out in separate books, they just bundle them up in the next collected volume with the regular series story arc.

I noticed that. The third and fifth trades are gigantic. The third one collects like 8 issues without any miniseries. Will have to put an order in, instocktrades has the hardcovers for $13 and the paperbacks for $11. Will probably order the HC's since that's not much of a markup.

Nudull

Banned

Are the mini-series standalone, or is the main series needed to understand them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom