• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quake1028

Adventures of Superman #1 was decently good?

DC buying is down to:

Aquaman - good-ish, solid albacore
Batman - haven't liked it lately, but Capullo and hype keeps me on
Batman Inc - ending soon, probably not buying the $5 special, maybe it will be in the OHC
Dial H - canceled at #15, not really loving it anymore after the first arc
Green Lantern - ugh
Superman Unchained - not sure what to expect from this, i'll give it a few issues
Wonder Woman - favorite DC book, great read and Azz created an interesting family of characters.

Trinity War's quality will decide if i drop JLoA and Justice League.

I am at:

The Adventures of Superman
Aquaman
Batman
Flash
Green Arrow
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
Injustice
Wonder Woman

And I will buy Superman Unchained and Superman/Batman, at least for the first fiew issues.

Tizoc

So I just got into comics this week and so far Ive picked up:

Deathstroke 1-20
Batman Long Halloween TPB
Superman Action Comics New 52 Vol 1. HB
Nightwing New 52 Vol 1. TPB
Batman Court of the Owls New 52 Vol 1 TPB
Ultimate Spiderman Vol 1. TPB (In the mail)

Read all the Deathstrokes this week. I liked it. Nothing extrodinary but fun because I like the character. Too bad its cancelled.

Think im gonna start Superman next. Need to catch up on some of these series so I have something to look foward too each month going to the local comic shop.

My wife picked up all the Kabuki books. She has met David Mack a few times (Same college professor). She plans on reading them on our vacation. She liked graphic novels way before me.

Good choices there mate, The Action Comics TPB you're reading is written by Morrison, which may confuse first timers.

Speaking of Action Comics, I can't believe I missed this in #1:
Mrs. N mentions that 3 people were asking for Clark: 2 men and a woman.

g8NVrV0.jpg

Well played Amazon, well played indeed.

Shit man, this is worse than the slight dents on my Supergods book by Morrison >_<.
Call them up and tell them about it!

Before I go to bed, I became curious if Gaf ever had a Comic of the Year thread? I don't believe I have ever seen one up before, so I don't believe such a thing has ever been created. So, I'm curious why (if my assumption is right about Gaf never having one) such a thread has never been created?

How about a thread to vote for GAF's top 10 fav. comic book characters instead ;3

Speaking of which, my brother sent me these goodies from UK:
Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers
TF: More than meets the eyes Vol. 1-3
TF: Robots in disguise Vol. 1-2
Morrison's Batman & Robin Vol. 1-3 (I now have the complete Morrison run of B&R muwahahaha!)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 Vol. 15 & 16 (because DAT DIO)
Hawkbro Vol. 1
Waid's Daredevil Vol. 3
JMS' Spiderman Ultimate Collection Vol. 1
Spiderman: Life and death of Spiders (with the above I got everything up til he gets back with MJ, I love this run <3)
REBELS Vol. 1 (from before the Nu52 reboot, Vril Dox is awesome)
Smallville Season 11 Vol. 1

Still waiting on: Darkwing Duck Vol. 2 @3@

Oh and remind me to post images later GAF, I wanna show off my big-ass Invincible Omnibus *o*v

Anything at all or anything DC? I've recently started catching up on Batwoman, as a complete newcomer to the character I've found it pretty good, especially the art. At least as far as I've got through it, anyway.

You haven't read Batwoman: Elegy? Do yourself a favor and make that your next pickup.

Quake1028

LISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTS

DARK HORSE COMICS
STAR WARS LEGACY #3

DC COMICS
AQUAMAN #20
FLASH #20

IMAGE COMICS
BOUNCE #1
FIVE GHOSTS HAUNTING OF FABIAN GRAY #3
NOWHERE MEN #5
SEX #3

MARVEL COMICS
AVENGERS #12
DAREDEVIL #26
DEADPOOL #10
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #10
UNCANNY AVENGERS #8AU
UNCANNY X-MEN #6
YOUNG AVENGERS #5

Tizoc

"Batman knew what it was like to trip balls without seriously losing his shit, and that savoir faire added another layer to his outlaw sexiness and alluring aura of decadence and wealth."
From Morrison's Supergods, now that's something I never thought I'd read in a book lol.

Owzers

Caught up on Guardians of the Galaxy, 0.1-2, i'm getting the feeling that this is going to be a terrible book. Just small things that annoy me
Stark belittling Captain Britain? Rocket Raccoon going " blam! murdered you" over and over again, the entire plot with Star Lords father and the super secret negative zone meeting, the action segments in issue #2 of jumping onto ships destroying them...
I didn't like anything about issue #2.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys who told me Animal Man was the bomb were right. God damn! Good shit (I'm on issue 6.)

Also finally dug up Red Son and it's pretty dope too.

kswiston

Caught up on Guardians of the Galaxy, 0.1-2, i'm getting the feeling that this is going to be a terrible book. Just small things that annoy me
Stark belittling Captain Britain? Rocket Raccoon going " blam! murdered you" over and over again, the entire plot with Star Lords father and the super secret negative zone meeting, the action segments in issue #2 of jumping onto ships destroying them...
I didn't like anything about issue #2.

You should have gone in expecting Bendis.

I will probably drop the book as well after the first arc. McNiven art is nice, but not really feeling the rest.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I read it all brah. Quantum and Woody is going to take it to a whole new level.

Loved the original A&A and Shadowman series. I thought the relaunch was a gimmick (Thanks New 52).

Spent the last week catching up and I'm hooked!

Need to get on the new Shadowman though and Quantum and Woody looks awesome.

Roman

Loved the original A&A and Shadowman series. I thought the relaunch was a gimmick (Thanks New 52).

Spent the last week catching up and I'm hooked!

Need to get on the new Shadowman though and Quantum and Woody looks awesome.

I'm currently reading the original Valiant stuff and loving pretty much everything.

My favorites are A&A, Harbinger, Solar and Magnus, but it's really all great. A shame they aren't as well known as in the 90s.

Even without having read the reboot, from what I've seen I'd recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

Even Batman knows it's going to be bullshit, look how sad he looks.

Wondy is contemplating whether or not she left the oven on.

Aside from Shazam all the faces look awkward on that cover.

Get excited Rafa, it's looking like Liefeld's kickstarter is going to succeed.

All you gotta do is pull the trigger on the $10,000 reward tier.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aside from Shazam all the faces look awkward on that cover.

Basically no one is excited for trinity war. I hope they don't force a cross-over with Batman, wait that's probably why we're getting zero-year. So they can't force one. Clever.

tim1138

Basically no one is excited for trinity war. I hope they don't force a cross-over with Batman, wait that's probably why we're getting zero-year. So they can't force one. Clever.

The only tie ins are Pandora, Phantom Stranger, and Constantine. The main story is confined to the three JL books.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
What do you think about it? Fraction/Aja's Hawkeye is pretty great imo but I'd love to read a negative critique of it. I'll understand if you don't want to elaborate though.

The art is awful except the covers, which are awesome, and the humor is for people who think saying "bro" is inherently hilarious.
I like it. I just don't get the love.

frye

ahaha Heckblazer
I like that

ha, I wasn't the clever chap who came up with it but I liked it a lot too.

It still boggles my mind why they had to go and water down an awesome book into a G-rated bag of shit.

I can understand it intellectually because Hellblazer was basically on life support for years but I wish they put out a better comic. At the same time I doubt this will last past 20 issues honestly.

Roman

I'm bummed but the first two Constantine issues have been selling triple as much as Hellblazer when it ended, so I guess they feel justified.

Let's see how it's going to fare long term.

g8NVrV0.jpg

Well played Amazon, well played indeed.

I'm working at an Amazon warehouse right now.. items that are bent like that are supposed to be put straight into damage.

I've sent out books much more damaged than that lmao

Anyway, just started reading comics more recently. Really into DC right now and can't really find an entrance point with Marvel comics. DC made it easy with the New52.

Which Marvel comics should I check out? My favorite Marvel hero is Spiderman.

Not really all to much into X-Men.

I like the Avengers as well..anyway thanks in advance

Hm. I didn't know Amazon shipped their paperbacks in pad-lined envelopes.

Why don't they use these cardboard packages that I get whenever I order textbooks.
Kindle202270901.png

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Hm. I didn't know Amazon shipped their paperbacks in pad-lined envelopes.

Why don't they use these cardboard packages that I get whenever I order textbooks.

I normally get my paperbacks in a cardboard box but I think that is because I order several books in an order.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Made my list and realized I had no DC. That's just not right so I added All Star Western. Only buying Uncanny Xmen if y'all report that something happens.

1257074_ful.jpg
1246367_ful.jpg
1232428_ful.jpg

1274778_ful.jpg
1256983_ful.jpg
1257029_ful.jpg

1257187_ful.jpg
1257070_ful.jpg
1257266_ful.jpg

1257162_ful.jpg
1257170_ful.jpg
1257291_ful.jpg