• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to Batman and Co in nu52, I don't even try to piece together a coherent timeline, I just read them because they're good.

Same. But I think I may steer clear of Batman until the Zero Year story is over. Another Batman origin story is the last thing we need, especially one that's close to a dozen issues long.

kswiston

That's what I was thinking! It would make sense, dogs are color blind. I wouldn't put it past Fraction to do it
with that sign language issue coming up

I know "hur hur comics!", but dogs aren't really color blind the way most people think they are:

are-dogs-color-blind-01.jpg

are-dogs-color-blind-02.jpg

They see colours, but are basically red colourblind.

Acid08

Banned
Half Century War is awesome. Definitely worth picking up in trade.

The third trade of IMM sucks. It has the wrap up issue for Fraction/Bru/Aja that kind of makes a good stopping point. The next arc had already been set up at the end of the Seven Cities stuff.

iMerc

has anyone read through the 'X-termination crossover? I'm fucking depressed at how it all ended.
AoA was one of my favourite x-men sagas and to see that entire universe just.... go. ugh. i want to punch the writers in the face.

At the very least they should have allowed AoA Jean to live in 616. :(

has anyone read through the 'X-termination crossover? I'm fucking depressed at how it all ended.
AoA was one of my favourite x-men sagas and to see that entire universe just.... go. ugh. i want to punch the writers in the face.

At the very least they should have allowed AoA Jean to live in 616. :(
I think the totality of my exposure to X-Termination was to skim this issue off the rack, determine that the cover and solicit blurb were a lie, then promptly put it back and go about my business.

Kwixotik

I just watched the Justice League episode "A Knight of Shadows" on recommendation from a friend. He didn't say why, but I watched it and it was pretty heavy. Martian Manhunter's story in that episode parallel'd the recovery from drug addiction my friend has been going through and it was pretty moving.

I'd like to pass on the recommendation if you guys haven't seen it.

G-Fex

What comics/characters are you interested in reading on?

DC.

I was heavily into DC back during Infinite Crisis and the return of Hal Jordan.

Stopped a year later I think.

Want to get into Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, probably any of all the new 52

Acid08

Banned
DC.

Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Batwoman. All great nu52 titles.

DC.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are some of the best things in New52 so start there. Batman Inc. too (haven't checked in a long time tho)

Zabojnik

Guys, which comics would you recommend to someone who wants to get started on Iron Man? Which are the essential ones?

ngower

Been to FCBD once before, but today's was crazy! Got to my LCS about ten minutes before they opened and I was around 50th in line. Five-book limit, so I picked up:

Judge Dredd Classics
Marble Season
Star Wars/Avatar
Superman: Last Son of Krypton
Fubar

I have been burned too many times on superhero books lately, and have been slowly losing interest in either of the two big publishers, so I didn't go for the Age of Ultron book or any of the other big offerings. Nearly grabbed the Tick over Superman. Most excited about Marble Season.

Also picked up Issue 1 of Manhattan Projects and 'The Girl from H.O.P.P.E.R.S.' trade of Love and Rockets.

Tizoc

DC.

Wonder Woman is fantastic now, her origin is retconned but the story is superb.
Aquauamn's good too.
Dunno about Flash TBH, but I liked Morrison and Johns' run before the retcons.

Oh that's Jean? When I walked past it I thought it was Black Widow. from before
Yeah, that's Jean in her most current AoA costume. The ad copy said something about "a final goodbye between Wolverine and AoA Jean Grey," but I don't recall even seeing them appear in the same scene in that issue.

LIES. >:|

Nudull

Banned
Got back from FCBD, picked up:

Marvel - Infinity, AoU and the Disney XD thing
Superman
TMNT New Animated Adventures
Kaboom Summer Blast
Sonic/Mega Man
Star Wars/Avatar
Spongebob
The Tick
Mouse Guard/Rust
Dragon Ball/Rurouni Kenshin

Not bad for my first time. Had a pretty fun day, overall.

Everyone should've picked up the Strangers. An actual comic issue and the first. Might have to rebut the first issue when it comes out to get the better paper.

Vyer

First FCBD today. Man, our LCS must have run out of Superman like immediately. I never even saw it.

Bergen's FCBD cut out bins are better stocked than whatever dump you probably have to settle for.

Love and Rockets v. 4
Seven Soldiers HC vol. 1
Seven Soldiers HC vol. 2
Hulk Season 1 HC
Total: $30

lol

frye

headed down to one of my local shops this morning and the line-up was huuuuuge

maybe i'll go back later but dang i just wanted the indigo prime collection i snubbed in favour of year 100 two weeks ago

arkon

Those are all good. I stopped Flash though for now.

What can stop the Flash??

BARRY!

Good one Spider

I lolled.

I still like Barry though and the art alone is enough to keep me coming back. It's also not quite as grim as the rest of the universe. Maybe the colour palette helps.

Kwixotik

I didn't go but my girlfriend did. She got Mass Effect and Star Wars. I wanted Mouse Guard, but I didn't get it. The comic shop had a two book limit.

Owzers

Invincible #102 struck me the wrong way, it read like the final issue of a Bendis event where it's the "change in continuity" issue without proper build-up. I somewhat appreciate the suddenness of the shift, but it still felt awkward.

Action Comics #14: I'm just trying to finish off my issues of this, i need to wikipedia who the villian is and i didn't really make much sense of this issue. Morrison.

oh I wanted to get that Mass Effect and Infinity and maybe Grimm but I wasn't a bastard(thought about it muahaha) and let my kid use up the limit
At least he got Ninja Turtle and Avatar. I thought he'd do Sesame Street but went for Mega Man. And he did Teen Titans over Avengers. pretty cool

I lolled.

I still like Barry though and the art alone is enough to keep me coming back. It's also not quite as grim as the rest of the universe. Maybe the colour palette helps.

yea I'll still get them on back issues or trade, been reading Flash since Waid was on it

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm thinking of checking out either Wonder Woman (because of mentions in the thread) or Captain Marvel (because the change to Carol Danvers seems interesting and I like the new costume), which of these is the better pick? I have pop-culture osmosis levels of knowledge about Wonder Woman but know nothing at all really about Captain Marvel, old or new.

I got the Infinity issue and I picked the Captain America: Operation Rebirth (Marvel Premiere Edition) for 50% percent off for FCBD at my comic shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom