• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

I guess that's why its being listed for must read for new reader at some site when I'm looking to google some moment ago :(
Oh well the art is slick. and maybe I'm not gonna recognize the bad before awhile..

Read it, enjoy it, and then branch out and explore more stuff. Nothing to be ashamed about, we were all new (or lapsed) readers at some point.

tim1138

Because you think "New 52" is a compliment in Mark Waid's mouth of all mouths in comics? It's his polite way to say he hates the shit out of it, and I half-expect him to passive-aggressively post a link to that Chris Sims review over the course of the week.

The best part is Jurgens trolling him with his reply.

Was going to grab Vol.2 and 3 of the current Uncanny X-Men run from IST, but I figure I'll wait until next week when the second She-Hulk Complete Collection comes out. That way I can get dat free shipping.

ElNarez

Banned
The best part is Jurgens trolling him with his reply.

The best part is Waid flailing around as he realizes Dan fucking Jurgens has nailed him.

(This, by the way, is the best thing to have come out of Future's End since the Black Canary attached to Frankenstein thing. Great bit of body horror, that.)

With a quality idea like black canary's head attached to Frankenstein . How. Could you not like futures end

The whole concept of Frankenstein' monster is that it is a creature crafted from many different bodies. I thought the Black Canary thing was a pretty good take on an element of bringing that horror to life on someone who had been that and yet a hero.

arkon

The best part is Waid flailing around as he realizes Dan fucking Jurgens has nailed him.

(This, by the way, is the best thing to have come out of Future's End since the Black Canary attached to Frankenstein thing. Great bit of body horror, that.)

lol yeah.

Shame on you, Mark Waid!

Futures end seems like something brad Meltzer would write.im staying on the sidelines for this one

Me as well. For some reason DC events just don't strike a chord with me. Not that Marvel events do so particularly well either, but I at least find them worth paying attention to if for no other reason that to see how NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN this time.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just noticed that another Adamantium Collection came out today. I feel like those collections could be cool if they weren't just samplers of Wolverine/X-Men stories from a bunch of different authors and artists. Who would pay $100-$200 for a greatest hits collection? I could see the Adamantium Collection working if it collected a super great run or something, but what kind of fan are they going after with these super expensive collections filled with a bunch of single issues which have no connections to each other besides featuring the same character(s)? The whole thing makes no sense to me. It's a shame, too, because the Adamantium Collection could be a really cool thing, like the Absolute Editions.

Four issues in that hasn't been the case so I think you should be relatively safe.

Excellent. Thanks. In that case, I look forward to picking up that TPB later this year whenever it comes out.

He goes on to say if you enjoy the New 52, you will enjoy this. New 52 is all I have known so I should like it.

I dropped some more books though to pull it. Notably, Aquaman has been dropped.

I think if you shortened her arms and torso a smidgen she wouldn't look so skinny

She definitely doesn't look lean and muscular. Much closer to anorexic than anything else.

Ya, that may fix it.
I shortened her arms slightly, and put a little meat back on her per suggestions. Hopefully she looks better, because I'm moving on to the next one.

NaLYDES.jpg

I would agree with others, she's feeling really skinny instead of lean and muscular. Who are you using as reference? I'd look to some one like Gina Carano for lean and muscular.

What are you rendering it in?
Just DAZ, and not that kind of lean and muscular! Rose is supposed to be what, 16 or 17 according to DC? I was shooting for a more youthful look, whereas a lean Carano is still pretty beefy.

>_>

<_<

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings.

tim1138

I shortened her arms slightly, and put a little meat back on her per suggestions. Hopefully she looks better, because I'm moving on to the next one.

Just DAZ, and not that kind of lean and muscular! Rose is supposed to be what, 16 or 17 according to DC? I was shooting for a more youthful look, whereas a lean Carano is still pretty beefy.

>_>

<_<

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings.

Looking much better Spike, and thank you for ditching the exposed thong, that's so tacky looking.

This is like when JMS posted those old ASM sales when he was on the book and was like "uh I didn't imply anything what are you talking about jerks"

Don't act like it's an odd position. I do and always will want my Post-Crisis DC back. You're free to feel differently.

Don't act like shit talking something you don't like is a noble act. Opposite of being a dick my ass.

I don't like the reboot of a reboot of a reboot. I want my reboot of a reboot back.

I even like Waid for his Legion work but the dude really comes off as a mean spirited troll.

Omega

Banned
With a quality idea like black canary's head attached to Frankenstein . How. Could you not like futures end

I was thinking about picking up Futures End. Batman Beyond is best Batman but going by these two posts, yeah fuck that.

Boogiepop

So, some quick FCBD stuff impressions:

I've actually never read any Guardians of the Galaxy (though I certainly knew of them), so I ended up grabbing both that and Rocket Raccoon. It's kind of weird how the GotG one says Rocket Raccoon doesn't like to be called a Raccoon... but then he refers to himself as such in his own comic? Also, though I'll admit again that I know very little about them... it seems really weird to have Flash Thompson Venom join the group.

The Transformers vs GI Joe was... unusual. I legitimately thought it was an old comic reprint until I got the end, only to find out it apparently wasn't. Huh.

Future's End doesn't quite look to my cup of tea at least at a cursory glance. The weird horror robot/zombie motif thing doesn't really work for me (though the Frankenstein thing was at least... interesting.) On the other hand I love me some Batman Beyond (though that's entirely coming from the show. I really need to look into the comics).

The best was the Scrooge McDuck, though. I mean, I believe they put some out for FCBD before and they were solid, which is why I was sure to grab it, and I know they're classics. But man, that was a super fun little comic. Such a simple but amusing idea executed really well. Just put a real smile on my face.

arkon

The best was the Scrooge McDuck, though. I mean, I believe they put some out for FCBD before and they were solid, which is why I was sure to grab it, and I know they're classics. But man, that was a super fun little comic. Such a simple but amusing idea executed really well. Just put a real smile on my face.

Think I'm going to check out the first hardcover that Fantagraphics puts out for that stuff.

Don't act like shit talking something you don't like is a noble act. Opposite of being a dick my ass.

I don't like the reboot of a reboot of a reboot. I want my reboot of a reboot back.

I even like Waid for his Legion work but the dude really comes off as a mean spirited troll.

I have no problem with people trolling when they're on my side.

Furyous

*Ctrl+F Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man*

Please support Marvel...

And there A+ attempt at trolling. I setup a nerd rage RSS feed. There's now a google alert primed for the backlash in the coming weeks and months. Who's the guy at the end really? Technically, this is a spoiler that's not really spoiling the surprise. If dude is the real OG then I quit this title. If you want the original buy his old material. Besides, I could've sworn I read the final chapter and zoomed in on the damage. Is it me or is dude taller?

Please support Marvel...

And there A+ attempt at trolling. I setup a nerd rage RSS feed. There's now a google alert primed for the backlash in the coming weeks and months. Who's the guy at the end really? Technically, this is a spoiler that's not really spoiling the surprise. If dude is the real OG then I quit this title. If you want the original buy his old material. Besides, I could've sworn I read the final chapter and zoomed in on the damage. Is it me or is dude taller?
Is there a new spoiler out there suggesting Pete's back that I missed?

Owzers

I've been stuck trying to read She Hulk #3 for 3 days now, i just can't get past the boring conversations between Jennifer and Kristoff.

That's definitely a dig, at least from his perspective. Grimdark, dystopian, bleak, extreme!

I've seen some other people criticizing DC for making that their big FCBD offering for similar reasons.

It was clear what Waid meant. Should have stood by it.

Please support Marvel...

I'm guessing
Ultimate Chameleon(s)

Furyous

Is there a new spoiler out there suggesting Pete's back that I missed?

I am not going to confirm or deny the question you asked. I encourage all spider-man fans, even the mad ones, to purchase this comic book to support marvel. I honestly want to discuss this entire issue in-depth but refuse to confirm or deny any spoilers because I'm not a jerk. I'm not trying to be a jerk here but just wait until tomorrow or whenever your local comic retailer opens the shop a little early and lets you peruse the selections.

We need an ultimate version of the current MCU Scarlet Spider. Imagine Kaine in a world without the dead guy haunting him. Drag Aracely too so we can have the team right.

Please support Marvel...

Bendis is most assuredly trolling. And if he's not, I hope he does something different and doesn't try to change back the status quo.

I am not going to confirm or deny the question you asked. I encourage all spider-man fans, even the mad ones, to purchase this comic book to support marvel.

Ha ha. Marvel doesn't need support. I bet right this minute they're plotting how to start hiking books up to $4.99.... Shit, the first two issues of Original Sin hit that price.

Furyous

Bendis is most assuredly trolling. And if he's not, I hope he does something different and doesn't try to change back the status quo.

I would be so disappointed if that was the case at some point in the future. Literally every story about Peter Parker has been told. We've got comic tie-ins from all movies going back as recently as the first Spider-Man movie that cover young Peter Parker. We've had Spider-Men, ultimate team-up.

I hope Bendis ends this run on a high note and gives the OG another sendoff. Hopefully it's a situation where everyone pays homage to the original but understands that EVERY STORY HAS BEEN TOLD.

Please support Marvel...

I wasn't planning on getting the new issue, Miles Morales could be so much more if Bendis would get rid of the Peter Parker baggage the series keeps holding over Miles's head.

But I picked up #200 and I'm interested in seeing what's next.

That damned last panel

There is no way a Legit Ultimate Peter is coming back

I've been stuck trying to read She Hulk #3 for 3 days now, i just can't get past the boring conversations between Jennifer and Kristoff.

I've been reading it because I like She-Hulk as a character but so far it's not exactly wowing me.

I'm in the middle of Dan Slott's She-Hulk run and I'm loving that. Guess this one's just not for me. Same with the new Iron Fist book.

I've been reading it because I like She-Hulk as a character but so far it's not exactly wowing me.

I'm in the middle of Dan Slott's She-Hulk run and I'm loving that. Guess this one's just not for me. Same with the new Iron Fist book.

I liked the new She-Hulk book, but it's been on a bit of a downward slope since the first issue. I'll give it another issue or two before I consider dropping it. Iron Fist is only one issue in, so fuck being judgmental about it yet. The #2 preview CBR posted looked pretty rad. I'm also kind of in the middle on the current Captain Marvel book. Ms. Marvel, though, has been awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom