• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never again!

Marvel Comics
Avengers #28
Black Widow #6
Cyclops #1
Daredevil #2
Elektra #1
Hulk #2
Iron Fist the Living Weapon #2
Moon Knight #3
New Avengers #17
She-Hulk #4
Uncanny Avengers #19
Uncanny Avengers Annual #1

DC Comics
Justice League 3000 #6

Image Comics
Black Science #6
Deadly Class #4
The Fuse #3
Lazarus #8
Satellite Sam #8
Southern Bastards #1

Dark Horse Comics
Veil #3

(Three weeks since I picked up my stuff.)

Ghostpuncher #3 was the first comic I read upon coming home today.

I picked up a whole wad of comics I missed (I was busy) along with Winter Soldier: Bitter March 1 and 2 and Southern Bastards.

I realized later that Secret Avengers 2 was not in my pile.

:(

diaspora

They were connected to his phone originally.
But that didn't fit the "everything has to go wrong" agenda so they got connected to his mask later, which almost makes sense, but not really. I'm convinced the change was made purely so we could have that moment where Norman shows him things.
There's no reason for his mask and arms to be connected.

Why doesn't it make sense to connect it to his mask? Integrating the electronics in his suit makes perfect sense to me. Mask to bots so he can see what the bots see.

edit: the arms don't even matter, take that out and you still have an Otto that was utterly wrecked by Osborn
again

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I picked up a whole wad of comics I missed (I was busy) along with Winter Soldier: Bitter March 1 and 2 and Southern Bastards.

I realized later that Secret Avengers 2 was not in my pile.

:(

You bitter march your ass back to that store right now.

You bitter march your ass back to that store right now.

Man, that'd be so weird, I don't wanna go back twice in one day. I really wanted Secret Avengers though. I should have double checked in the store. Maybe next week.

Or should I? It is on my list, am I not entitled to get a copy no matter when I go?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Why doesn't it make sense to connect it to his mask? Integrating the electronics in his suit makes perfect sense to me. Mask to bots so he can see what the bots see.

edit: the arms don't even matter, take that out and you still have an Otto that was utterly wrecked by Osborn
again

It's a critical security risk (someone could black out his vision at a critical moment, feed him false input, etc) with barely any upside.
And that's just the mask, which Slott only exploited for cheap drama.

This is probably the first time I actually bought all the books i put on my list this week and nothing more

list was only 4 books but still

diaspora

It's a critical security risk (someone could black out his vision at a critical moment, feed him false input, etc) with barely any upside.

Nobody's capable of hacking Otto's tech, he's far and beyond what anyone else, let alone his enemies are capable of meaning there's only upsides with the visual input being a major one
in his mind. It's like you're forgetting how colossally arrogant and classically stupid Octavius is. It's not until Norman beats his stupid ass he realizes how outclassed he is.

edit:

And that's just the mask, which Slott only exploited for cheap drama.

Hardly, the entire run of SSM was about Otto's shift to rely almost wholly on cybernetics which he did as a villain- and as Norman's enemy while at the same time believing himself to be the best cybernetics scientist in the world which now has come to royally fuck him over. You're pretending that Otto is someone he isn't. He's someone who supremely believes in his own prowess it wasn't until Norman got involved that he believed he could be bested at his field; in his mind there are no weaknesses that can be exploited because there's nobody good enough to hack him in his mind.

Yo, guys. What is a good comprehensive comic reviews website? I'm getting kind of tired of going to my usual places and seeing hardly any reviews.

Is that a real book? Sounds cool.

Moon Knight? Moon Knight.
-get your butt kicked by ghosts
-go home and talk to bird dad
-"son, go look in the closet"
-put on ghost punching armor
-punch ghosts repeatedly
-fly home on your moon glider

On the one hand, I can see how some people might have a problem with this book. On the other hand, I don't really care because I'm having so much fun reading it and marveling at the absurdity.

One of these is not like the others...

t5VMzbr.png

Just got these books from instocktrades. So pumped to start Sandman. Going to try and get to that last, since I know I'll want to buy the rest of the books and keep going. Got Saga Vol 1 to replace my copy I gave to a friend.

Skimmed through Flex Mentallo. Art looked good, not too potatoey.

frye

Soule's putting out all right work but I wouldn't give half the shit I do about that comic if it weren't Pulido drawing it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
god i love kid cyclops. so much.

well it's all sci-fi allegory stuff anyways, but the description of genocide includes forced sterilization, which is what she did.

sterilization goes a bit far doesnt it? mutants werent being born, but the people she de mutanized were able to breed werent they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom