• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page from this weeks Supes/WW. Tony Daniel draws my favorite WW.

Bnc6XxsCEAAVO1W.jpg

Going off of that pic, Tony Daniel has really improved with his art. I remember when he started on Supergirl and was just doing a terrible aping of Jim Lee. It was a bad, bad look.

Edit: Oh wait... that was Ian Churchill. LOL whoops.

Messi

Going off of that pic, Tony Daniel has really improved with his art. I remember when he started on Supergirl and was just doing a terrible aping of Jim Lee. It was a bad, bad look.

His work on Superman Wonder Woman has been really good. It's a surprisingly good looking book.

fertygo

Edit: Oh wait... that was Ian Churchill. LOL whoops.

You made a mistake but I never like Tony Daniels's art before either, I'm surprised when peeking to his SuperWonder stuff on google.

Bii

Wait, should I be reading Superman/WW? I think my LCS has all the back issues. I haven't read a WW book since the first arc of her solo New 52.

trying to get into Green Lantern, i was gonna read Secret Origin first, then move on to Rebirth, is that a decent starting point?

Yeah. The old school 90s origin is Emerald Dawn, but Secret Origin retcons some of the stuff in there.

Emerald Twilight is a good read if only to watch Hal Jordan destroy the entire Corps. Gets kinda sad at the end too, when he finally goes fully irredeemable (before everybody found out about the yellow fear bug thing).

Emerald Knights is a nice bridge between Jordan and Raynor.

Mindwipe

*Type comixology.co.uk into iPhone browser*

*Get redirected to comixology.com even though I'm in the UK*

*Get told at the top of the page on comixology.com that I can't buy anything then and I have to go back to comixology.co.uk, even thought that's what I tried to do in the first place and got redirected away from it*

*Click the link to comixology.co.uk to be presented with this:

FFS. What a shambles.

MG310

Fantastic art and very hyped for that crossover

Definitely going to stick with Punisher through the crossover. Lots of Widow/Punisher pairing lately. Wonder if this will be what they end up going with for that rumored Thunderbolts movie?

Parch

It seems like a lot of people use Monkeybrain comics.
There are some interesting Monkeybrain titles I wouldn't mind checking out.

Recommending a publisher is really more about preferences. You just can't beat Image right now for indie titles. Dark Horse isn't far behind. IDW and DC Vertigo have some good horror. Avatar has their horror too. Valiant does superhero. Zenescope has their T&A stuff. Dynamite has noir titles. BOOM has kids and licensed titles. Both IDW and Dynamite also have licensed titles. All of these companies are not just focusing on one genre either.

Fantagraphics, Antarctic, Arcana, DDP, Alias, Top Shelf, Archaia, Markosia, Red 5, Bluewater. Certainly more I'm not thinking of. The larger companies have imprints too. Vertigo, Top Cow, Shadowline, Icon. Not to mention all the companies that have passed on.

Jeez, there's a lot of different companies making a wide variety of comics. Once you decide to sway away from the big 2 the choices are endless. Probably better to just find recommendations for specific titles than sticking to a publisher.

tim1138

I liked how Mikel Janin drew Diana in the Trinity War crossover, but I'm way too lazy to find a good example.

Chiang's is the best though, at least until we get Paquette's.

How is the Injustice comic? Does Harley have a big part in it?

The Injustice comic is one of my favorite current ongoing series. I look forward to it each week and I love how it's always a satisfying little snippet of story and characterization. Harley isn't a big player, but she's had some nice chapters in Season 1, a well as being the star of the Annual issue that was published between Season 1 and 2.

Oh and Messi, I am now reading Harley on your suggestion and although it took me an issue or two, now really enjoy it. Surely Nocenti Catwoman is of similar quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom