• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bii

Gonna go pick up my pull and see if my local comic shop wants me to sign any of the Puppycat comics they got in. If you're in the LA area near Burbank and you want a signed Bee & Puppycat comic check out House of Secrets on Olive!

Sign? Wait, who are you!? <_<

I hope my LCS has some left so I can pick it up later today when I go in. Knowing my luck, they'll be all gone. :(

Zombine

Banned
Loving that Batman/Superman cover for #11. Catwoman front and center. Looks like we might get the first decent Selena story in a long time.

We'll forget what I said! HoS was completely out of them. Damn! I wanted to get a picture of it on the shelves! One of the girls that works there had one hidden for herself that she asked me to sign though. Whee!

Sign? Wait, who are you!? <_<

I hope my LCS has some left so I can pick it up later today when I go in. Knowing my luck, they'll be all gone. :(
I co-wrote it with Natasha :)

We'll forget what I said! HoS was completely out of them. Damn! I wanted to get a picture of it on the shelves! One of the girls that works there had one hidden for herself that she asked me to sign though. Whee!

I co-wrote it with Natasha :)
Tell these brahs if they wanna make some money to contact me.

Zombine

Banned
XD

I'll pick them up this weekend. I promise!

Speaking of Marvel books, if Captain Marvel #3 doesn't entertain me greatly, it's getting dropped and replaced with Secret Avengers, so long as the book is as good as you guys say.

If you like having fun then you will really enjoy Secret Avengers. I have at least chuckled at every conversation that Modok has had with someone.

Edit: Walking Dead had it all this month: Farming, horses, more people who's names I will forget, extra pages, and zombies. I'm pretty content. 11/10 would read again.

As I was about to drop the Walking Dead, they change the status quo, I guess I'll stick around for the first arc.

Well Avengers happened

Finally
I kind of expected things to start moving faster after last issue TBH.

2 things annoyed me though:
- Why does it always have to be Cap who starts punching before talking ? It kind of felt like AvX in that regard. At the very least, the guy could have let Tony expose to the others everything that had been going on before they decided what to do with him.
- The issue redrew a shitload of New Avengers, which meant there wasn't that much new material. After reading this week's New Avengers, it was pretty interesting in retrospect to see Tchalla explaining he'd do the right thing, now that we know exactly what doing the right thing means for a king.

One thing I can't fathom though is which takes place first between Avengers and New Avengers. I guess that's voluntary but still.

ReAxion

Look, I don't want to say whether or not I have a comics problem, but all I'm saying is these California wildfires are threatening to inhibit my purchases today.

Walking Dead was good this month. I'm ecstatic that All-Out War is over and done with. They could have done that in half as many issues. While I thought they might leave Rick and co. entirely to focus on a new group, Kirkman didn't quite do that. But there was a definite
time-skip
involved, so that's cool.

Hey if any of you guys see Bee & PuppyCat #1 on the shelves at your comic shops can you snap a picture for me? Since my store was out when I got there I didn't get the chance to see my first published work on a shelf with all the other comics :(

dan2026

Emma slugging Jean Greay was so....satisfying.

Also X-men is kinda complicated isn't it?
I can't even imagine trying to explain the current plot lines to someone.

PsychBat!

Banned
As I was about to drop the Walking Dead, they change the status quo, I guess I'll stick around for the first arc.
One thing I can't fathom though is which takes place first between Avengers and New Avengers. I guess that's voluntary but still.

I think it looked like Avengers was before New Avengers
because Tony looked pretty beaten up about something (literally and figuratively).

What's the current plotline?

the xmen from the past came to the future (present), and the xmen from the future came to the past (present) to send the xmen from the past (past-past) back to the past, but it turns out they were actually the future brotherhood and the real xmen from the future came back to the past (present) to stop the future brotherhood (not x-men) and send them back to the future.

Sadist

I kind of expected things to start moving faster after last issue TBH.

2 things annoyed me though:
- Why does it always have to be Cap who starts punching before talking ? It kind of felt like AvX in that regard. At the very least, the guy could have let Tony expose to the others everything that had been going on before they decided what to do with him.
- The issue redrew a shitload of New Avengers, which meant there wasn't that much new material. After reading this week's New Avengers, it was pretty interesting in retrospect to see Tchalla explaining he'd do the right thing, now that we know exactly what doing the right thing means for a king.

I agree on your first complaint.

On the other hand, I'd be mad as hell when I started to remember the Iluminati. The others did put a stop to Cap's rage moment. Hawkeye pulled him away. Still, Cap getting the time gem back is pretty awesome. Wonder what will happen next.

Walking Dead was good this month. I'm ecstatic that All-Out War is over and done with. They could have done that in half as many issues. While I thought they might leave Rick and co. entirely to focus on a new group, Kirkman didn't quite do that. But there was a definite
time-skip
involved, so that's cool.

Yeah, that really was a what moment for me.

Time-skip is two years and man did it change. Rick's beard looks epic, including his hookhand. Can't wait to see what happened to Maggie and Michonne. But why the hell does Carl look like a hipster? :p

Longhaired non-swearing Negan is weird lol. Looks like a young Axel.

the xmen from the past came to the future (present), and the xmen from the future came to the past (present) to send the xmen from the past (past-past) back to the past, but it turns out they were actually the future brotherhood and the real xmen from the future came back to the past (present) to stop the future brotherhood (not x-men) and send them back to the future.
And as confusing as this sounds, it's still a pretty good read.

dan2026

What's the current plotline?

Cyclops got possesed by the Phoenix force and killed Xavier. Then the X-men split into two factions. Beast got pissed and brought the original four X-men from the past to the future to try and shake some sense into Cyclops. But the original X-men went over to Cyclops' side anyway. Then Mystique has kidnapped Dazzler and is using her to extract some sort of serum to give people powers or something. Also Mystique had a son with Xavier and that son has come back from the future with a new Brotherhood and is attacking Cyclops and his buddies for reasons. Also Nightcrawler came back from the dead.

Something like that.

Toa TAK

Banned
the xmen from the past came to the future (present), and the xmen from the future came to the past (present) to send the xmen from the past (past-past) back to the past, but it turns out they were actually the future brotherhood and the real xmen from the future came back to the past (present) to send the future brotherhood (not x-men) to the future.

wat

Just give me pictures.
Cyclops got possesed by the Phoenix force and killed Xavier. Then the X-men split into two factions. Beast got pissed and brought the original four X-men from the past to the future to try and shake some sense into Cyclops. But the original X-men went over to Cyclops' side anyway. Then Mystique has kidnapped Dazzler and is using her to extract some sort of serum to give people powers or something. Also Mystique had a son with Xavier and that son has come back from the future with a new Brotherhood and is attacking Cyclops and his buddies for reasons. Also Nightcrawler came back from the dead.

Something like that.

This somehow makes less sense, and I read Amazing X-Men 4 and 5.

remember when eva went into the future and came back with long ass hair and torn clothing and she didn't want to talk about it. bendis pls. i need this story.

tm24

Holy shit at Avengers and New Avengers.

Also, i want to read a story about Batman Black Panther and Cloak Black Panther. That BP panel was so good

Hey if any of you guys see Bee & PuppyCat #1 on the shelves at your comic shops can you snap a picture for me? Since my store was out when I got there I didn't get the chance to see my first published work on a shelf with all the other comics :(
Brah I would've if I hadn't left the shop an hour before you posted this

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
remember when eva went into the future and came back with long ass hair and torn clothing and she didn't want to talk about it. bendis pls. i need this story.

Man I REALLY want this story, that was such a pricktease in the best way. Super subtle and intriguing. Bendis has been killing it on his X-run, I love how soapy it all is. Less supervillains, more super drama, yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom