• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bii

Not sure if anyone's claimed them.... but I'd love a code.....

Especially one of the first ones!

How about all six? PM incoming.

I wasn't bashing Waid's run, Jesus fuck. Just that shitty arc with the monsters. You guys are just trying to demonize me because I don't have the exact same tastes you do.

I thought that arc sucked too. On a monsters-related note, and I've said this before but Wolverine and the X-Men's circus arc sucked too.

I thought that arc sucked too. On a monsters-related note, and I've said this before but Wolverine and the X-Men's circus arc sucked too.

oh yes, absolutely. It was completely nonsensical in the context of that series. The only regret I have about the upcoming Wolverine & The X-Men omnibus is that that arc is going to take up a portion of it. But on the plus side, the Doop issue will also be included!!!

"My room, five minutes. You bring the car battery, I'll bring the jumper cables."

B.... Bii-senpai noticed me~

Thank you based Bii

image.php

I was mainly lamenting on how current X-books just don't have the same level of interesting characterization as X-Statix.
...and how they don't offer the same level of feels.

image.php

frye

I might give Jerclops another chance and see if I like the stories he is in, but overall the early 2000s were my fav. X-series era. I should really give the older series a read someday.

In fairness, X-Men is hard. NXM and X-Statix are two of the very few genuine creative successes post-Claremont.

Call me crazy but I think the X-line is stronger now than it has been in a long time. It is a rare moment in history when there is more than one X-title I feel compelled to collect.

It's Sunday, I have a list. I shall now post my list, for my enjoyment and yours.

AMERICAN VAMPIRE SECOND CYCLE #3 (MR) $2.99
BATMAN AND FRANKENSTEIN #31 $2.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #7 $2.99
FOREVER EVIL #7 $4.99
HARLEY QUINN #6 $2.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE #30 (EVIL) $3.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #14 (EVIL) $3.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #3 $2.99
A VOICE IN THE DARK #7 (MR) $3.99
SAGA #19 (MR) $2.99
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2 ANMN $3.99
DAREDEVIL #3 ANMN $3.99
ORIGINAL SIN #2

I am excited about every damn one of those books!

Tizoc

mike-allred---x-force---04.jpg

It's a shame that this still seems privilent in most team-centric comic books.
Then again I haven't read many team-centric comic books in MONTHS.

OMGWTF list

American Vampire Second Cycle #3
Batman Eternal #7
Batwoman #31
Harley Quinn #6
Supergirl #31
Sinestro #2
Wonder Woman #31
East of West #12
Invincible #111
Saga #19
Velvet #5
Amazing Spider-Man #2
Elektra #2
Original Sin #2
Powers Bureau #10
Uncanny X-Men #21

......at least it's not as bad as that week a few months back when I had $100 worth of books come out on one day. XD

My List:

Adventure Time #28
Amazing Spider-Dude #2
Hulk #2 + 3
Magneto #4
Original Sin #2
Mighty Colorful Power Teenagers #1

Because I might as well know how much I'll spend weekly. lol

Chinner

Banned
whenever i try to peel off the marvel online code it always messes up and they dont transfer across properly. is there some kind of technique to it or something?

Tizoc

What other authors, besides Morrison, are able to portray events within a single page? 'Portray an event' might be the wrong word here but as example, see how much this single page manages to tell you straight away-
3313584-untitled.jpg

If you think about, the 4th Dimension would be US observing the events of the comic.

What other authors, besides Morrison, are able to portray events within a single page? 'Portray an event' might be the wrong word here but as example, see how much this single page manages to tell you straight away-

If you think about, the 4th Dimension would be US observing the events of the comic.

I disagree. I feel Morrison is so deep into his own vision that he has difficulty relating it to us, the readers, in a meaningful way. Most of the time it just ends up being nonsensical. It feels like someone says something so random and inane that people call it deep. He isn't completely lost, though, as I've enjoyed some of his Batman & Robin runs, for example, but they tend to be a little more grounded.

Also, the 4th dimension is time.

I have like no books coming out this week. thank fucking god. I haven't even had time to read my recent pickups. I'll probably get Amazing X-Men #7 though, of course

phoenixyz

I finished American Vampire yesterday. Just awesome, Snyder's characters really grew on me. And Albuquerque is now one of my favourite artists, especially his females are great. I'll probably wait for a trade on Second Cycle though. I can't imagine reading this in small monthly chunks after six volumes back-to-back.

Zombine

Banned
I Spent Too Much In May List

Futures end #2-3
Invincible #111
Saga #19
Velvet #5
All new doop #2
Amazing spiderman #2
Daredevil #3
Electra #2
American Vampire #3
Harley Quinn #6
Original Sin #2
Uncanny X-Men #21
X -Men #14

I'm getting kind of worried. All of my monthlies are releasing too close together and that ends up leaving me with very little for the rest of the month.

Messi

I know this is off topic but I need to vent / tell someone. Last night there was an attempted robbery in my home. They popped the lock into my conservatory leading into my kitchen. I was up at 2am comfort eating as I could not sleep. So I was in the kitchen walking around for 15 mins. They must have been in the back garden at this point looking in at me. The doors and windows were all damaged by a screwdriver where they tried to open them. I went up to bed and heard a bang like a cat landing on a bin. Most likely them jumping the fence to the next house.

A few doors down was also robbed lost 2 tvs console's ect.

My hands are shaking and I don't feel safe in my own home. Fucking sucks :(. I hope they don't return.

I went through something good similar at my work a month or so ago (robbed at knife point). Same feelings as you are going through. The only advice. I can offer is that the feeling of violation will last few a couple days / weeks but will fade with time.

Glad you're alright, Messi.

Zombine

Banned
Messi, that could have been way worse. Glad you're alright. Did you report it to the authorities yet or are you just going to let it go?

I guess from this point you just need to make sure that doors and windows continue to be secure and possibly invest in a security system?

Either way, it isn't the stuff that matters, just your well being.

Messi

Messi, that could have been way worse. Glad you're alright. Did you report it to the authorities yet or are you just going to let it go?

I guess from this point you just need to make sure that doors and windows continue to be secure and possibly invest in a security system?

Either way, it isn't the stuff that matters, just your well being.

My father is fairly high up in the Police.

I might give Jerclops another chance and see if I like the stories he is in, but overall the early 2000s were my fav. X-series era. I should really give the older series a read someday.
Tizoc pls. Current Cyke is anything but a jerk. Wolverine and Beast are the reigning jerks right now.

Edit: Sorry to hear about your robbery Messi. Stay well.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Bii

whenever i try to peel off the marvel online code it always messes up and they dont transfer across properly. is there some kind of technique to it or something?

This was happening to me too. Here's what I do. I grab the bottom right corner and then I start peeling it so that the bottom left corner unlatches too. Both bottom corners should be unlatched; from there, peel upwards holding both bottom corners as you make your way up. Hopefully this makes sense.

Rooster12

Was I supposed to be impressed after reading Magneto: Testament and X-23: Innocence Lost and Target X?

Because I was pretty disappointed, Innocence Lost was boring when X-23 wasn't mauling people, none of the characters were interesting.

Target X was a bit better, X-23 had more personality but dressing like a sleaze and going to high school was stupid...I mean that's not who she is.

And Testament started out brilliantly, but faltered towards the end. I really wanted to see him discover his powers in the camps and killing some Nazis but none of that shit happened. Like, he did nothing....wtf?

It wasn't as weird as invisibles (which I couldn't get into and stopped) or doom patrol (thumbs up acid trip) I felt. Once I checked up some of the ideas behind it the whole thing made more sense. Though there is still some shit that was maybe overdone or out there.

So how good/bad/weird/plzmybrainhurts is Flex Mentallo?

Flex might be Grant's best work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom