• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Just wrapped up the first arc of Doom Patrol, and I'm seriously impressed. A very bizarre concept handled more adroitly than I was expecting. Going in, I was worried that it'd fly over my head, but it's not confusing, merely... strange. In a very good sort of way, mind. Orqwith was a cool concept. The character writing is a real standout too.
Glad you're enjoying it! It only gets better from there. Crazier too.

Owzers

Bad paint jobs are the bane of his existence

i'm still in the "dread" stage, batwoman statue missed my monthly shipment so i'll probably have to wait until early december to get it from DCBS. I'm also slowly accepting this paint bump on Harley black and white's chin, though still thinking on trying one exchange from Amazon. I might be done statue buying outside of amazing things i can't pass up, probably not pre-ordering the Timm Wonder Woman art of war one.

Glad you're enjoying it! It only gets better from there. Crazier too.

Damn, seriously? Just put Volume 1 to bed and it's already pretty damn strange, looking forward to the madness.

Next up is Volume 2, which from the cover I gather to be the somewhat legendary Painting that Ate Paris. Here goes nothing.

Damn, seriously? Just put Volume 1 to bed and it's already pretty damn strange, looking forward to the madness.

Next up is Volume 2, which from the cover I gather to be the somewhat legendary Painting that Ate Paris. Here goes nothing.

Hold on to your jimmies, brother. Mr. Nobody is going to take you on a wild ride.

Easily my favourite arc of the run. Such a great series overall too.

Tizoc

Reading through multiversity during my night shift.
This ought to keep me awake for a few hours~

IST updated. Bought:

SIP (STRANGERS IN PARADISE) KIDS COLLECTED ED TP
SANDMAN OVERTURE DELUXE ED HC (MR)
INVINCIBLE HC VOL 10 ULTIMATE COLL
COMPLETE LOVE HURTS TP (C: 0-1-2)

Boogiepop

Oh dang, Sandman Overture is out? I didn't even know it was finished in singles, so whoops! Well, that's exciting! Also, the back half of Busiek Avengers!

Edit: Not sure I'm going to pull that trigger just yet, but if I'm curious about Chew... are these "Smorgasbord editions" the way to go?

IST updated. Bought:

SIP (STRANGERS IN PARADISE) KIDS COLLECTED ED TP
INVINCIBLE HC VOL 10 ULTIMATE COLL
COMPLETE LOVE HURTS TP (C: 0-1-2)

Bought:

USAGI YOJIMBO GALLERY EDITION

Oh dang, Sandman Overture is out? I didn't even know it was finished in singles, so whoops! Well, that's exciting! Also, the back half of Busiek Avengers!

Edit: Not sure I'm going to pull that trigger just yet, but if I'm curious about Chew... are these "Smorgasbord editions" the way to go?

For some reason, I just couldn't get into Busiek's Avengers. Skipping the omnibuses.

As for Chew, I think those are the editions to go for. 20 issues in each so the series will wrap up nicely in three volumes.

Boogiepop

Bought:

USAGI YOJIMBO GALLERY EDITION

For some reason, I just couldn't get into Busiek's Avengers. Skipping the omnibuses.

As for Chew, I think those are the editions to go for. 20 issues in each so the series will wrap up nicely in three volumes.
Thanks! And yeah, I can see that as I'm not as "this is the best Avengers ever" as I've heard from the first volume, but I think I liked it enough to justify getting the second one.

The Leto movie?

Sure, why not.

He's great. The cast of characters in that run are all amazing. Outside of the main cast, my favorite character is Flex. He's just fantastic.

Haven't met him yet.

Dada as a concept has always been fascinating to me, the ultimately self-defeating effort to decry all meaning and in doing so, create it. One of my favorite headlines from Our Dumb Century went something like "Dada is dead; "victory" declares Dadaists." Part of why a lot of modern art (and modern art criticism by extension) so thoroughly irks me, they ape the form but rather entirely miss the point. No, there's no point to it, it's a urinal. Stop trying to make other stuff like it, it's literally just a urinal, it's not art. That's the point.

Dada as a concept has always been fascinating to me, the ultimately self-defeating effort to decry all meaning and in doing so, create it. One of my favorite headlines from Our Dumb Century went something like "Dada is dead; "victory" declares Dadaists." Part of why a lot of modern art (and modern art criticism by extension) so thoroughly irks me, they ape the form but rather entirely miss the point. No, there's no point to it, it's a urinal. Stop trying to make other stuff like it, it's literally just a urinal, it's not art. That's the point.

And that is what makes the arc perfect for me. Such a brilliant use of the whole Dadaism concept. You'll know what I mean once the arc is complete.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So I am rereading Paul Jenkis Run on Spectacular Spider-Man and I just love how great he describes how the Spider-Sense is working in multiple issues.
Like a VCR on Time Freeze.

I should really give his Peter Parker: SM Run a try.

Does this remind anyone else of that one scene in Alias?

TMNT-CC-v3-11-pr-1-769bf.jpg

Boogiepop

Ugh. I realize I may sound like a broken record here, but... Archie delayed their whole line of Sonic/Mega Man trades back another two months AGAIN. It's almost at the point where all of this trades will have been pushed back a full year in bit by bit increments, with as far as I know no explanation. Like, thanks to the release dates piling up, the next Sonic Saga has two volumes after it solicited for before it now comes out at the current moment. I think they got precisely one (maybe two?) trades in the whole line out this year... back in like February.

It has gotten so, so bad and it's super frustrating to seem them just slipping further and further and further behind the single releases because apparently it's just really hard to get a trade out, even when you've already delayed it 5-6 times at two months a pop.

Top Bottom