• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2013. Ghosts in friendly, vengeful, and gentlemanly varieties!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

DC dreams of the day where the top 10 is just Batman books and events Xo. I'll probably just stick with Snyder's main Batman digital combo pack like i'm currently doing.

Jetman

Any batman fans know when Detective starts it's new run? I'm interested in picking it up but don't want to jump into an ongoing plotline.

Detective #27 apparently (and glad to see Layman go - liked Faboks art but the writing just wasnt that great from Layman)

Oh man, you guys have GOT to be reading Deadpool. I don't even know what to say to this last chapter. It made me...sad...I teared up a bit at the end...

Also is it just me or has it been a long time since we've gotten a Superior Spider-man chapter?

You ain't kidding about deadpool, he me right in the gut.

Owzers

Think of Batman Eternals as a weekly in-continuity version of Savage Wolverine or Avenging Spidey, except instead of Batman focused it's any character in Gotham the writer wants as long as they don't get married.

monome

Batman
Detective Comics
Batman:The Dark Knight
Nightwing
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Batman '66
Is Batman Inc still going?
Batgirl
Birds of Prey
Talon
Batwing
Batwoman
Catwoman
Batman Black and White

At last the Batfamily gets a book!

nope.

Burnham did an annual post-Morrison era.

Ah man, this day keeps giving. Spotted the Batman weekly news right before I went out to the school, come back and there's a new Rucka book on the cards. Love it.

1381408714000-Batman-fm.jpg

Digging this TEC pic from Manapul too.

Well I rich I anything to go by expect a weekly superman series as well

Think I'll stick to batman 66 or now

If I understand this post, and I'm not sure I do, you are saying that Superman does not have a weekly series? I was under the impression that it does. I think it's called Adventures of Superman and it's a digital first with the issues being collected monthly like Batman 66. And from what I hear, it's one of the few books doing right by Superman.

If I understand this post, and I'm not sure I do, you are saying that Superman does not have a weekly series? I was under the impression that it does. I think it's called Adventures of Superman and it's a digital first with the issues being collected monthly like Batman 66. And from what I hear, it's one of the few books doing right by Superman.

Batman has a digital series like that too, I think it's the new version of Legends of the Dark Knight?

I did buy a bunch of Adventures of Superman a few days back, gonna check that out soon.

Batman 24 was AMAZINGAWESOME.

So Superman Wonder Woman #1 - it would seem this is how we're going to start the new 52's take on Doomsday, Death of Superman, and Reign of the Super people. I know we got a hint of who would be the players in the Reign of the Super people part with Doomsday #1. I didn't think we'd be getting this so soon.

I tell you one thing that's weird right now is how some books are pre-Forever Evil, some are during Forever Evil. It also seems like Superman Wonder Woman and this up coming battle with Doomsday could be, post-Forever Evil.

ReiGun

Batman
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Batman '66
Batgirl
Birds of Prey
Talon
Batwing
Batwoman
Catwoman
Batman Black and White

It'll never happen, but I do wonder what DC would do if people ever got tired of Batman.

I bet someone in charge would cry.

NH Apache

Banned
Hello knowledgeable ones.

I'm trying to remember a DC arc from my childhood (late eighties, early nineties) where all the superheroes of the world are dying of a disease. I'm fairly certain it was DC because I remember Amanda Waller in it.

I'm going to be gone for a bit but if you all could supply any help, thanks in advance.

I'm trying to remember a DC arc from my childhood (late eighties, early nineties) where all the superheroes of the world are dying of a disease. I'm fairly certain it was DC because I remember Amanda Waller in it.

I'm going to be gone for a bit but if you all could supply any help, thanks in advance.

Do you mean Bloodlines when they get infected with some Alien parasite?

I love how Rich is still pushing this rumor of a weekly Bat book spinning out Five Years Later next Spetember when a weekly Batbook has been announced for next spring. He doesnt even realize it. Hahahahahahaha

Hnnnng. Big hellboy compendium announced, collecting the first 20 years haha. That's awesome. Probably nigh on unreadable in terms of holding the thing, but awesome.

tim1138

Batman 24 was AMAZINGAWESOME.

So Superman Wonder Woman #1 - it would seem this is how we're going to start the new 52's take on Doomsday, Death of Superman, and Reign of the Super people. I know we got a hint of who would be the players in the Reign of the Super people part with Doomsday #1. I didn't think we'd be getting this so soon.

I tell you one thing that's weird right now is how some books are pre-Forever Evil, some are during Forever Evil. It also seems like Superman Wonder Woman and this up coming battle with Doomsday could be, post-Forever Evil.

Every book but Suicide Squad, the three League books, and Teen Titans are pretty Trinity War. The rest of the DCU catches up in March or April.

kmfdmpig

The end of invasion. A three issue mini with tons of crossovers.

Every book but Suicide Squad, the three League books, and Teen Titans are pretty Trinity War. The rest of the DCU catches up in March or April.

Are we sure about the Superman Wonder Woman one, I mean Doomsday just showed up at the end of it. Seems like a lot of story to have happen before TW, and FE.

Batman
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Batman '66
Batgirl
Birds of Prey
Talon
Batwing
Batwoman
Catwoman
Batman Black and White

Don't forget Batman & [BLANK], Batman/Superman, Harley Quinn, Justice League featuring Batman, Justice League 3000 featuring Future Batman, Earth-2 (now presumably) featuring E2 Batman, Damian: Son of Batman, Batman Beyond, Batman: Lil Gotham, and Beware the Batman.

Plus, NYCC is just getting started so there's plenty of time to announce more!

It'll never happen, but I do wonder what DC would do if people ever got tired of Batman.

I bet someone in charge would cry.
A lot of it is probably just big talk but there's a segment out there that's already tired of him. Personally I'm worried that Batman has started to get too big; that he's become so "important" and reverential to DC that the character could suffer as a result.

tim1138

Are we sure about the Superman Wonder Woman one, I mean Doomsday just showed up at the end of it. Seems like a lot of story to have happen before TW, and FE.

That's what Johns has said in interviews, maybe they will clarify in the New 52 or Forever Evil panel this weekend.

It would be weird to have a book set post Forever Evil since it's supposed to shake things up considerably.

Also don't forget the Doomsday Villains book wasn't set in the present day DCU.

Can't wait for their run on Detective.

“We want to bring him closer to his roots and be more of a street-level type of hero,” Manapul said about his and Buccellato’s plans for the Dark Knight. “His superheroics will still be present, but the investigative part of Batman will be at the forefront …We've always written stories about hope, and it will be very interesting to see what comes out when we walk through the sullen streets of Gotham City.”

“Stylistically, we will use the tools in our toolbox to capture what we think the Bat-universe looks and feels like,” added Buccellato. “Gotham won't look like Central City, so you won't be seeing all the bright reds, oranges and yellows that defined Flash's world.”

Also don't forget the Doomsday Villains book wasn't set in the present day DCU.

Yeah but it ended setting up what would happen when Doomsday killed Superman. It showed Power Girl, Supergirl, Steel, Superboy, and some one else has the ones taking Superman's place. Superboy, and Supergirl only just show up at the present day DCU. Steel I'll give you was around a bit longer, and Power Girl was here longer in secret I think in current Nu52.

Plus Wonder Woman in the book doesn't seem to react in a way of knowing what Doomsday is, and you would think some unstoppable beast that took out Superman at some point would be well known by the other heroes in the DCU.

It's fine if it takes place before FE. Just that if they're going to give us the Nu52 version of the Death and Return of Superman, and Reign of the Super people, it seems like a LOT of story for happening before FE. That's all I'm saying.

Did we know in advance that Doomsday was showing up in the Superman Wonder Woman book?

I don't follow as much of the news and previews as others do and live more in the moment and what I'm reading that month.

arkon

I hope Remender provides an update on his Image series with Tocchini.

Whqt do you brahs want to see at NYCC? I'm still waiting for the elusive Shazam and Cyborg announcements. And an Angela series, don't think Disney would spend the money to have her confined to one comics superstar.

Would love to hear something positive about this. The art samples released a while back were fantastic. He mentioned on twitter that his creator owned work with Dynamite was on hold. Unfortunately I think the series with Tocchini might be in that same category.

Rich is still finding ways to push that "Twilight of the Superheroes" rumor from a couple years back I see. Puts an awful lot of faith on DC to think that far ahead.

tim1138

Rich is still finding ways to push that "Twilight of the Superheroes" rumor from a couple years back I see. Puts an awful lot of faith on DC to think that far ahead.

Every time he posts DC story speculation he finds to work in it being Twilight of the Superheroes related. Trinity War? Must be Twilight of the Superheroes! Forever Evil? More like forever twilight of heroes! It's so ridiculous.

Jetman

Digging this TEC pic from Manapul too.

Yeah, Manapul is good stuff. I really enjoyed his work on Flash. Very cool the way he integrates the title of the book or issue into the background of the 2nd or third page somehow. Looking forward to seeing him draw some Gotham City.

Batman 24 was the bees knees. awesomness

I have recently been getting into comics(loved comics when i was alot younger)

I want to get into some X-men books, ive always liked Wolverine alot,, theres quite a few to pick from tho... So where do i want to start??

:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

Just announced by John Rood at NYCC, Detective Comics #27 next year, reflecting the first comic featuring the character, will be a big extra sized issue, and amongst other creators, will have Frank Miller returning to Batman.

Eldren

That Manapul art is really nice. I love his art on Flash so I'm excited to see how his style translates to Detective Comics.

As for Batman: Eternity, at first I rolled my eyes ("thank god DC is finally making up for the devastating lack of Bat-books!") but thinking about it, I kind of like the idea. It sounds like there'll be quite a bit of variety in tone between the different writers and art teams, and the part about it dovetailing with the main Batman book, presenting the new status quo once Zero Year ends, sounds really intriguing.

Definitely think the batman weekly is something to be excited about. A weekly comic book that features John Layman & Tim Seeley with Snyder sheperding is exciting. I don't know much about Fawkes but the Talon book I'm reading has me feeling good about Tynion. Regardless of subject matter, those guys telling stories as a combo is a good idea. Two of them have already proven they can write Batman, and the book is promising to cover characters and avenues not explored as often. I'm not into many superhero books, but this as a project has good writers and a decent at least artist. Good comic is good comic.

Jetman

As for Batman: Eternity, at first I rolled my eyes ("thank god DC is finally making up for the devastating lack of Bat-books!") but thinking about it, I kind of like the idea. It sounds like there'll be quite a bit of variety in tone between the different writers and art teams, and the part about it dovetailing with the main Batman book, presenting the new status quo once Zero Year ends, sounds really intriguing.

Honestly though, why couldn't Black & White do this? Not all stories in that book are Batman Zombie. If there are interesting stories to tell about the Bat related characters in the current status quo of the universe between the main books, couldn't those same writers do it in there?

I know its 'Batman' and it'll sell, (and I'll likely buy a few issues because Snyder), I'd just rather see Synder do something else. There are a lot of DC characters I'd like to see his take on.

Bull

It's fine if it takes place before FE. Just that if they're going to give us the Nu52 version of the Death and Return of Superman, and Reign of the Super people, it seems like a LOT of story for happening before FE.

At the end of Grant Morrison's Action Comics run, it talked about how Superman had died fighting Doomsday at some point in those first five years.

Not sure what this new Doomsday stuff is going to be. I still need to read that Doomsday villain issue as well as Superman/Wonder Woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom