• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2013. Ghosts in friendly, vengeful, and gentlemanly varieties!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new X-Men costumes look like early 00s video game armor designs mixed with the Power Rangers

They should have either stuck with the original black and yellow costumes (they even matched Wolverine and Shadowcat) or gone with the classic 90s animated series look to be ironic

Vibranium

Banned
Ooh, after a Jet-Black story in Cap #16 with Alixe, Nic Motherfuckin Klein is doing Remender's "Dr. Mindbubble" arc, what a damn good choice. Rick knows how mint Winter Soldier is/was and he got one of the men himself.

Hooooooly shit best news ever! Klein is siiiiiick.

damn-right.gif

I know, which is why it's a shame the art suffers so much after the first trade.

That bad huh? That's a real shame. Have they sorted out a consistent artist now? I'll definitely be checking uot volume 2. I was kind of scared in general with Tynion adding to the owls mythos, that if it was no good, it might ruin the potential of Snyder coming back one day and filling that stuff in himself. So far though, I've really dug some of the stuff they've presented.

The mission impossible/prison break aspects of the book get a bit much for me a times although I appreciate the plot, his fighting style and his behaviour all re-enforce that motif of an escape artist.

Stuff like
The Unworthy though, and Clark. The Orchard encounter and the grandson towards the end of the volume, some great stuff added to the court so far that's enhanced it for me while leaving Lincoln March well alone for the future.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That bad huh? That's a real shame. Have they sorted out a consistent artist now? I'll definitely be checking uot volume 2. I was kind of scared in general with Tynion adding to the owls mythos, that if it was no good, it might ruin the potential of Snyder coming back one day and filling that stuff in himself. So far though, I've really dug some of the stuff they've presented.

The mission impossible/prison break aspects of the book get a bit much for me a times although I appreciate the plot, his fighting style and his behaviour all re-enforce that motif of an escape artist.

Stuff like
The Unworthy though, and Clark. The Orchard encounter and the grandson towards the end of the volume, some great stuff added to the court so far that's enhanced it for me while leaving Lincoln March well alone for the future.

The art isn't bad bad, but it doesn't stack up to what volume 1 was and it's not quite worthy of the story being told. Keep in mind anything Tynion does won't mess with anything Snyder wants to do as Tynion was Snyder's student and had pitched the idea for a solo Talon book to Snyder in the first place.

Can someone explain to me the point of Avengers World? Other than to just add another Avengers title to the shelves to sell. I mean it's the exact same lineup as regular Avengers and tieing into the same stories. Only difference is Nick Spencer is writing (who from what I have heard is a terrible writer) and he just runs his ideas and plans by Hickman to make sure everything meshes with the main avengers book.

When a Hickman has too many ideas a book splits itself like a amoeba and sometimes adopts a new personality (Spencer).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Apparently Snyder is so excited about Zero Year he's willing to give the whole thing away. Apparently the next arc is
Gordon vs Riddler vs Batman, then just vs Riddler and then Poison Ivy gets in on this shit.

Snyder just said Stephanie Brown is coming back in Batman Eternal!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What? I just...what?!

Oh my god. I had given up hope entirely.

If Steph can make it, so can the others. They need to boost the Young Justice line somehow.

Tynion said he was excited to bring characters like Steph back into the fold.

From how Snyder praised the Batman line's editors it sounds like they're trying to give the creators as much control as they can, so odds are we'll see Cass back sooner or later.

Roman

Lobdell also plans to kill Superboy and have Supergirl leave the Superman family of books?

You think this was caused by sales?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This is going to rule. Going back to stuff influenced by his best work? I'm always up for more Lemire.

Roughneck

Nice, an interview. I kinda thought this might get no press and Simon & Schuster just chose to piggyback an announcement on the con.

You obviously enjoyed tremendous success with "Essex County," and your comic book output the past five or six years speaks for itself, but was it still intimidating going to book publishers and pitching "Roughneck?"

No, there was actually a bidding war between Simon & Schuster and a number of other publishers for the project, so it was actually the opposite. It felt like being the star center on NHL free agent day. [Laughs] They all pitched to me, and my agent and I talked through the possibilities and Simon & Schuster felt like a really strong choice for me. In addition to the New York division, which I'll be working with, they also have a Canadian division that is a really great team, and I knew that the book, having such strong ties to Canada, needed a strong team here to promote it. That combination really sold me.
A bidding way for a Lemire book makes me happy.

kswiston

Sorry "rough plot by Hickman, actual story by Spencer" Avengers World. You will be the Peter Parker: Spider-man of Avengers books, and will therefore not be on my pull list.

The first Episode of Telltales' Fable game came out. It was pretty dope. Makes me interested to check out the comic. Co-marketing success.

My wife has been digging Fables. She has already went through the first 4 volumes in 2 weeks. Showed her the game page on Steam and she seemed not that interested.

I'm exited for tomorrow, if DC is going to announce anything, it will be at 5:15 tomorrow.

Also, ordered vol 2 of No Mans Land. Can't wait to dive back into this world.

Will there be any Spider-Man panels?

Acid08

Banned
My wife has been digging Fables. She has already went through the first 4 volumes in 2 weeks. Showed her the game page on Steam and she seemed not that interested.

I'm exited for tomorrow, if DC is going to announce anything, it will be at 5:15 tomorrow.

Also, ordered vol 2 of No Mans Land. Can't wait to dive back into this world.

Will there be any Spider-Man panels?
Yeah there's a Superior panel that should have a bunch of announcements.

Owzers

I can't join you guys on the Battle of the Atom hype train, i'm 4 issues in and to me it reads like a rehashed version of AvX's "find hope" pointless shenanigans. Instead of Hope having an emotional escapade about which side wants her and for what purpose, Jean Grey and Scott flee from one side to the other with more " we have to find her!"

What's with the Gambit hate? I haven't been reading long enough to know why everyone hates him.

Its fun! I bet he'd have disappeared with Marrow and Maggot if he wasn't on 90's x cartoon ;(

but mine comes from them sticking him sniffing around Rogue for forever

The first Episode of Telltales' Fable game came out. It was pretty dope. Makes me interested to check out the comic. Co-marketing success.

Can't wait!

[/SPOILER]

Snyder just said Stephanie Brown is coming back in Batman Eternal!

FINALLY, Snyder just made my weekend (X-Factor also, and I'm all over that Noto Black Widow book)

Messi

Finished Batman vol 2: City if Owls. That set of issues was pretty cool. Can't wait to read more. Maybe I'll buy the digital issues to catch up to current issues. I loved the annual with
Mr Freeze
. I love any time he gets used in stories.

Will there be any Harley book news this week or have we had it all now until the first issue? Super hyped for that book.

Also I ordered the Arkham Origins CE with the Batman and joker statue today. So that should be cool.

Deprive

Lobdell also plans to kill Superboy and have Supergirl leave the Superman family of books?

You think this was caused by sales?

Maybe they want to do a soft reboot for these characters. While their at it, they should do something about Teen Titans.

Timo

...Anyone pic up Battling Boy this week?

I just finished it. It started off kinda weak, weaker than I woulda liked for a Paul Pope book. But halfway through it got really good. I wonder how much he has left in this world, it would seem hard to tie it up in another book of the same length.

I also got mine signed because of that promotion that Word book shop in brooklyn did, so that was kinda neat.

Also some parts of the coloring were not very good. I wish there was a black and white with grayscale version of the book. Would be so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom