• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I don't change avatar that often. It's usually just Lisa from Sunstone and I only have two of those. The last one was pre Halloween excitement.

That shit has been preordered since like June. I actually either own or preordered all 3 statues from the Vertigo set. I got Morpheus at Comic Con, Death will be here soon, and Gwen in November.

I didn't get Morpheus, but Gwen and Death are ordered from DCBS.

I don't change avatar that often. It's usually just Lisa from Sunstone and I only have two of those. The last one was pre Halloween excitement.

Don't sweat it Messi. You could change your avatar every day and we'd still know it was you.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

This sounds like something you say to yourself to convince yourself that you dont have an avatar switching addiction.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oooh. The new Preacher TPBs are really high quality. For the $11 price point and the fact that they're 400ish page Vertigo TPBs, I was anticipating the typical Vertigo newspaper-type paper, but it's some high quality glossy paper and these are some weighty TPBs. I'm really happy about that.

PsychBat!

Banned
Seriously. You guys don't know my regular avatar? Freeza is just as bad with his animu wimmenz
Oh now I get a response. I've been singing my heart out to you people and no one even says "we have no time for you, psychbat".
lol

Oooh. The new Preacher TPBs are really high quality. For the $11 price point and the fact that they're 400ish page Vertigo TPBs, I was anticipating the typical Vertigo newspaper-type paper, but it's some high quality glossy paper and these are some weighty TPBs. I'm really happy about that.
KIPP'S BACK!

Seriously. You guys don't know my regular avatar? Freeza is just as bad with his animu wimmenz

I'll tell you something about animu avatars..... They're a hell of a lot easier to cut the backgrounds out of in photoshop than regular comic art. I don't know why, but that's been my experience.

I go a good while with the same avatar once I find one I'm really happy with. Otherwise I may cycle through a few in fairly quick succession.

Eva will be around for a while.
Freeza pls, the other night I saw you switch to an avatar of that girl from Infinity and you changed back like ten minutes later

I change mine a lot too...

Owzers

Walking Dead #132: Yep, that's a walking dead issue alright.

Saga #23: This is where i forget what happened in earlier issues when they say
this is the first time Marko has met Robot Prince. I know robot guy was there before.....and got hit with something that made him reboot and go to the sex palace, but i thought Marko was there too.
. Decently good issue without doing too much to reinvigorate my interest.

Uncanny Avengers #25: Am i the only one who finds this book....annoying? Scarlet Witch narration throughout was tiresome and i don't like how they wanted to take the Red Skull out for ice cream.

Zombine

Banned

You left out the best part: fuzzy covers.

Seriously Kipp, feel them for a moment. Rub your hands all over them and embrace the cover.

fertygo

I'll tell you something about animu avatars..... They're a hell of a lot easier to cut the backgrounds out of in photoshop than regular comic art. I don't know why, but that's been my experience.

Magic wand abuser detected :p

Well comic usually had bubble and shit so its more troublesome to edit for avy.

I still need to read volume two of Ravine. Debating whether or not to re-read the first book beforehand. It's been about a year since the second volume was delayed so many times.

Redline is stunning. So is Jin-Roh and about two dozen other anime films.

Jeez, have you watched anything from the last decade? ;)

frye

How is it? The hardcover is coming out... this coming Tuesday? Or maybe the Tuesday after. I was planning to pick it up.

Great cover design, proper dimensions (I think that 100 dollar limited edition (lol) hardcover was smaller), so really not much more I could ask for.

Kipp

KIPP'S BACK!

I was considering leaving ComicsGAF forever because you all so clearly despise me, but I figured I'd make you guys suffer me a little bit longer at least. It'll build character. :p

You left out the best part: fuzzy covers.

Seriously Kipp, feel them for a moment. Rub your hands all over them and embrace the cover.

Oh. My. Goodness.
That's like... silky amazingness. Now I'm not sure if I'm more looking forward to rereading Preacher or just having the book in my hands.

Great cover design, proper dimensions (I think that 100 dollar limited edition (lol) hardcover was smaller), so really not much more I could ask for.

Oh, sorry. I actually more meant the story since I haven't read it before. Good to know that the physical book itself is a solid product though!

Messi

I'm sorry

aifjlol.gif

Messi

I don't hate Anime I just wanted to see how Freeza would react. I am glad you guys enjoy those books.

Tell me about this Prison School thing. It's not on Amazon.

Fuck Kipp

Messi

This Magneto fella is pretty ruthless. He also has some fantastically evil eyebrows, and I know a thing or two about eyebrows.

Zombine

Banned
I don't hate Anime I just wanted to see how Freeza would react. I am glad you guys enjoy those books.

Fuck Kipp

Prison School is one of those books you don't want anyone else to see you reading. It's very lewd.

Fujiko Mine is so amazing. So is Panty & Stocking. I'm also a fan of Michiko to Hachin.

I loved Michiko to Hatchin. Was not a P&S fan, though.

Fuck Kipp

Prison School is a very lewd comedy manga about a small group of guys who attend an all-girls school. The English translation hasn't been released yet, as the license was just picked up by Yen Press. For the moment, most people just read the individual chapters as they're released.

frye

Oh, sorry. I actually more meant the story since I haven't read it before. Good to know that the physical book itself is a solid product though!

I've never read it since it's been out of print for so long. I coulda read scans I suppose but I just never did. (Speaking of, I should probably get back on Miracleman now that we're on the final arc, this is where I think I stopped reading back when it was in legal limbo)

Will pick up next week

yeah, have you read this stuff before?

MG310

This Magneto fella is pretty ruthless. He also has some fantastically evil eyebrows, and I know a thing or two about eyebrows.

He's also pretty magical...I think he did a full on Ocean's 11 style world hopping recruitment drive in about 10 minutes during the Red Onslaught fight.

Also will somebody on Cyke's team just tell him about the damn Nanosentinels already?

Kipp

I've never read it since it's been out of print for so long. I coulda read scans I suppose but I just never did. (Speaking of, I should probably get back on Miracleman now that we're on the final arc, this is where I think I stopped reading back when it was in legal limbo)

Oh okay, gotcha. I'm not too worried about blind buying it, but hopefully Viewtiful can confirm that it's typical great Grant Morrison comics.

Prison School is a very lewd comedy manga about a small group of guys who attend an all-girls school. The English translation hasn't been released yet, as the license was just picked up by Yen Press. For the moment, most people just read the individual chapters as they're released.
Yeah, it's funny as hell. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at any other manga series.

And btw, did anyone else like how Sue Storm was listed as Iron Fist in AXIS #2?

Hmm, I know this was recommended earlier in the thread, and I wanted to go into it fresh not knowing anything about it. But I couldn't resist looking it up after some of the reactions.

0_0

I'll keep it on the wishlist, I already have Sunstone on preorder but seriously

0_0

Kipp

Okay, I couldn't help myself. Google Image searched Prison School.

Freeza and Tyrant, I'll never look at you guys the same again.

Hmm, I know this was recommended earlier in the thread, and I wanted to go into it fresh not knowing anything about it. But I couldn't resist looking it up after some of the reactions.

0_0

0_0

Come for the fanservice, stay for the bonds of brotherhood

Messi

0_0

0_0

MY MAN! That book is gonna be lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom