• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Not much of a standout if you're picking it out of a pile of shit.
That makes it more of a standout. It could have easily been a throwaway issue lost in a sea of dogshit, but instead you've got a smartly crafted oneshot with a really unique narrative structure. The art is the weakest part, but that doesn't kill the issue, thankfully.

My hype levels just keep rising. I was going to get a Deadpool one as well, but honestly, I'm not wild about the character.

Nah, you made the right choice--the Deadpool bonanza that Mondo had was shit.

Francavilla's prints are usually spectacular. The blue in that Archie print pops like a motherfucker.

I thought the two main knocks against him was

1. they drew him using a handgun when the ring is potentially the greatest weapon in the DC universe.

Orion's fist says otherwise.

Given the number of times their rings run out of charge though, I actually think carrying a sidearm makes all the sense in the world. Soldiers don't say "psh, this M-16 is super powerful! Why would I even carry a pistol or knife? So dumb."

Future's a End almost made me want to stop reading comics. And that was coming off a one month sabbatical. With stories like these ai can become a comics superstar. With Kipp and Fauxtrot by my side. :)

I can see not liking the pace of Futures End, but in a world that gave us Secret Invasion, Fear Itself, that endless thing where Jimmy Olson was a turtle and a billion awful X crossovers, I don't really get hating it.

I can see not liking the pace of Futures End, but in a world that gave us Secret Invasion, Fear Itself, that endless thing where Jimmy Olson was a turtle and a billion awful X crossovers, I don't really get hating it.

Giant_Turtle_Jimmy_Olsen_by_literacysuks1.jpg

Take that back.

Future's a End almost made me want to stop reading comics. And that was coming off a one month sabbatical. With stories like these ai can become a comics superstar. With Kipp and Fauxtrot by my side. :)

That means you need to launch your series in whatever gimmick-month DC decides on next year. Maybe it'll be Nocenti month, where all DC books will be written by Ann Nocenti.

Messi

Think of all the money you could save on DC books that month.

Let's be realistic. We both know what happens that month. I pick up my usual dc haul staying optimistic until I try to decode her fucking nonsense and then swear to never do it again.

Parch

So how did Future's End sell? That's all that matters. If these crappy monthly gimmicks are making money then you're going to keep getting more of them. Maybe DC will become the monthly event publisher with a new schtick one after the other.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Goodness. This thread is only 36 hours old and we've got over 500 posts. Y'all are crazy.

Also, I think I'm going to read some comics today. It should be fun.

tim1138

A friend of mine is reading the Animal Man omnibus and just read the Coyote Gospel issue. I think it broke her brain.

A friend of mine is reading the Animal Man omnibus and just read the Coyote Gospel issue. I think it broke her brain.

I need to get back into Animal Man, I took a break I really shouldn't have

Just read Grayson and this week's issue was so good. The title page was amazing.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oct 1st being new comics day helped

Yeah, definitely. Even still, new comics day doesn't usually cause 12 pages, does it?

Holy shit, Messi isn't even in first place.

What happened, Messi?

Whoa! Pock3tmonster coming from out of nowhere with that post count lead! Let's see if he's got the endurance to hold onto this.

what button do i press to look at that

In Off Topic (you can't see it on the Subscriptions page) click the number of posts in the "Replies" column to the right of the thread title.

Messi

Yeah, definitely. Even still, new comics day doesn't usually cause 12 pages, does it?

Whoa! Pock3tmonster coming from out of nowhere with that post count lead! Let's see if he's got the endurance to hold onto this.

I thought you would be one of the 100ppp elite. Shame on you.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Haha, it's all uphill from there. I mean, not for her brain, because it'll soon explode, but at least it will be a happy, literary explosion.

Is this her first Morrison book?

ReAxion

In Off Topic (you can't see it on the Subscriptions page) click the number of posts in the "Replies" column to the right of the thread title.

Thankya kindly.

Side note: I don't usually subscribe to these threads, I just expect them to be on the front page of OT all the time. 100 ppp is pro mode.

Messi

Thankya kindly.

Side note: I don't usually subscribe to these threads, I just expect them to be on the front page of OT all the time. 100 ppp is pro mode.

Here's a pro move. I never close the ComicGaf tab on my phone. I never miss anything. Gotta stay on top of the news.

Tizoc

Thor #1
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thor's hammer on the moon. AND NO ONE CAN LIFT IT!
Take that Jeph Loeb! Good one Aaron.

Still though remind me why Fury's become a dick?

Megaman #41
Finall Megaman 3 story going well underway...and Megaman fought the Robot Masters in outer space?!
Poor Topman though, unappreciated in his time
gG3eSUb.jpg

tim1138

Haha, it's all uphill from there. I mean, not for her brain, because it'll soon explode, but at least it will be a happy, literary explosion.

Is this her first Morrison book?

She's read quite a bit of his recent stuff, but none of his vintage stuff. I warned her of issue 7 and the Red Mask story, that it might be another good stopping point to really think about what Morrison is doing and the story he's telling.

I think she's cleaning now to help come to terms with and process Coyote Gospel.

Thor #1
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thor's hammer on the moon. AND NO ONE CAN LIFT IT!
Take that Jeph Loeb! Good one Aaron.

Nothing will ever top the panel toward the end of Original Sin where
everyone was flying by in their spaceship on the way back to Earth, and they're all looking out the window at Thor on the moon trying to lift the hammer
. XD

ReAxion

Here's a pro move. I never close the ComicGaf tab on my phone. I never miss anything. Gotta stay on top of the news.

I do not do that, because it will ruin the functionality of the "show unread posts" button, that I click every time is "lit", which I think is ALSO pro mode. Never miss a post, but feel like you do anyway!

Nudull

Banned
Nothing will ever top the panel toward the end of Original Sin where
everyone was flying by in their spaceship on the way back to Earth, and they're all looking out the window at Thor on the moon trying to lift the hammer
. XD

How does he even go to the bathroom on the moon?

Zombine

Banned
I do not do that, because it will ruin the functionality of the "show unread posts" button, that I click every time is "lit", which I think is ALSO pro mode. Never miss a post, but feel like you do anyway!

What do you call 50 posts per page/non-subscribed/tab alway open mode?

Filthy Slug

She's read quite a bit of his recent stuff, but none of his vintage stuff. I warned her of issue 7 and the Red Mask story, that it might be another good stopping point to really think about what Morrison is doing and the story he's telling.

I think she's cleaning now to help come to terms with and process Coyote Gospel.

Oh, awesome, it's great that you're there to be her sherpa on this trip! She's going to be making a ton of connections through his older work and his newer stuff, so that's going to be awesome for her, if she's into it.

Coyote Gospel totally is brain-bustingly great.

The first four issues of Animal Man, Morrison is consciously writing in that Alan Moore Swamp Thing mold cuz he just thought hey, that's what people expect us UK comic writers to do on C-tier DC superhero books. Then by issue #5 its like, "fuck that, I'm doing this my way" and the rest was history

animal-man-5-pg-22.png

Damn that is badass.

I can't wait to read Fade Out #2 after the gym tonight. What's the word so far on that? I hope everyone didn't drop it already.

shit's good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom