• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxtrot

Banned
Whew! What a weekend. Sac-Con was about as awesome as a con in Sacramento can be... we actually had a handful of guest creators that I was excited to see (Art Adams, Glenn Fabry, Tim Green II, and our local tumblr-star Ramon Villalobos) and both days were a ton of fun to work.

Now to catch up on 30 pages here...

Oh, and Kipp/Rafa, I started coloring page 1 on Sunday night... I'm hoping to have it ready for both of your input this weekend.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
No sign of 8House in those Image January 2015 solicits :( Guess they aren't ready to launch yet. Will have been a year since the Image Expo announcement by that point.

Going back to that Expo, there are a few books that haven't reappeared.

Nameless (Morrison)
8House (Graham and company)
Great Beyond (Spencer)
Paradigms (Spencer)
Cerulean (Spencer)
Restoration (Willingham)

Jesus there's like five new pages here and they are streaked with sadness

Except that Spider Woman cover, that is pretty great

I hope Kamala isn't going anywhere, she is a big hit with my young apprentice.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Man The Clown at Midnight is a real slog. It's dense and doesn't read easily. It's stopped me dead in my tracks reading this book. But I want to read more as Harley is in it. Ill advised Morrison.

It is but it's also good. Would have benefitted from some better art/design though, ugly as sin. But it's so good and gross.

MG310

Ms. Marvel is the book that I wish Captain Marvel was. It's very focused.

I enjoy how Kelly Sue writes Carol but the storylines feel all over the place. It seemed like they were going to establish a supporting cast for her but then she went back in time, partially lost her powers, had a crossover as a result of that,loses her memory, had a vague romance with War Machine and then got sent off into space.

All of that happened in 17 issues.

Ms. Marvel is the book that I wish Captain Marvel was. It's very focused.

I enjoy how Kelly Sue writes Carol but the storylines feel all over the place. It seemed like they were going to establish a supporting cast for her but then she went back in time, partially lost her powers, had a crossover as a result of that,loses her memory, had a vague romance with War Machine and then got sent off into space.

In 17 issues.

Yep feels a lot like Bendis' GOTG, Marvel Editorial just doesn't seem to know what to do with these characters enough to give them a long, solid arc. I liked the previous run before the relaunch, and the new one, but it was just all over the place and was paced really poorly.

I'd like to know where Greg Land go that fourth panel from

Spider-Woman-1-Preview-2-5443f.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
She-Hulk, nooooo :(

Hopefully this ends up being a soft reboot like the article suggests, She-Hulk is such a wonderful series. Super bummed by that news.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Infinity Gauntlet too? wtf is marvel doing with all these old tories coming back

"ALL" Bens????

disgraceful and prejudiced and personally threatening
Sorry Benjamin. The current plan is for you to get banned during the "Birdie RIP" saga, followed by "Battle for the Ben" in which Kipp emerges as the new Benjamin Birdie. Then you'll come back after a year during the "Return of Benjamin Birdie" miniseries, only to be banned once again so that Grandharrier can usurp your position as the Superior Benjamin Birdie. The other OT denizens will clamor for your return, but by the time you do as the Amazing Benjamin Birdie, they'll have grown too fond of Harrier-Birdie's style and wish you'd never returned.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I actually want to read this!

(Can I be Benjamins Sidekick? I were even ok with it when I never appear again after my first 5 Issue Story Arc :()

Ultima_5

Somebody get in here when IST updates.

Title Regular Price Discount IST Price
ALIAS OMNIBUS HC NEW PTG $ 99.99 50% $ 49.99
ALL STAR WESTERN TP VOL 05 MAN OUT OF TIME (N52) $ 16.99 50% $ 8.49
ANNOTATED SANDMAN HC VOL 03 (RES) (MR) $ 49.99 50% $ 24.99
DEXTERS LABORATORY TP VOL 01 DEES DAY $ 17.99 50% $ 8.99
GOTHAM CITY SIRENS TP BOOK 01 $ 24.99 50% $ 12.49
HARLEY QUINN HC VOL 01 HOT IN THE CITY $ 24.99 50% $ 12.49
ORIGINAL SIN TP HULK VS IRON MAN $ 16.99 50% $ 8.49
RONIN DELUXE EDITION HC $ 29.99 50% $ 14.99
SECRET AVENGERS TP VOL 01 LETS HAVE A PROBLEM $ 19.99 50% $ 9.99
SILVER SURFER TP VOL 01 NEW DAWN $ 17.99 50% $ 8.99
SONIC SAGA TP VOL 06 MOGUL RISING (RES) $ 11.99 50% $ 5.99
SUICIDE SQUAD TP VOL 05 WALLED IN (N52) $ 16.99 50% $ 8.49

tempted on that alias omnibus....

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Okay, I'm going to do it. I'm going to watch the Daredevil movie. Director's cut that is, but still. Even though it's supposed to be better, I still fear the worst.

Weiss

Banned
Okay, I'm going to do it. I'm going to watch the Daredevil movie. Director's cut that is, but still. Even though it's supposed to be better, I still fear the worst.

The Director's Cut is actually pretty good. It feels more like a Daredevil movie should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom