• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I was planning on buying the new She-Hulk trade pretty soon. :(

You should still do that. Great unique series. :(

Real day ruiner this one.

This is cool looking

s7nYvEjl.jpg

"Geoff Johns and John Romita, Jr.'s "Superman" #38 will not only see Romita Jr. drawing Batman, but the issue debuts an all-new look for the Man of Steel. While it's likely not as drastic a change as the electric blue suit debuted following "Return of Superman," the copy does promise a "new costume, new powers and new friends and enemies.""

frye

Batmanification of X-Men continues with a weekly Wolverine series from ya boy Mike Marts
this might be why he was put on X-Men tbh, like Wacker going from 52 to Spider-Man

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Would it spoil anything to ask if Morrison ever gets to write Selina/Catwoman

Only very briefly.

I have held the omnibus but the price is too much and you guys here told me it would likely not connect with me. I can't see any reason to disagree.

I vaguely remember agreeing that it wouldn't connect with you, but I can't remember why. So I'll just say now that you should totally read it.

Image solicits are IMsane

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56464

New Criminal
Casanova
Hickman
halp

Oh man. That new Criminal one-shot. I'm reading through Criminal at just the right time I guess.

She-Hulk cancelled...

I blame each and every one of you pulido hating motherfuckers

Well, if there's a silver lining for this it's that it'll be the right number of issues for a reasonably priced OHC if Marvel chooses to do so. I'll be all over that if they do.

Somebody get in here when IST updates.

Will do. It should be in about 5 hours.

and it looks like All-New Ultimates is cancelled too

oh no

sorry Tyrant Rave
Man I don't even read Ultimate Marvel, I just accept the fact that everything I read from Marvel is going to get cancelled. I think Uncanny Avengers and maybe Rocket Raccoon are the only exceptions right now.

I'll give Ant-Man a shot since it's supposed to be similar in tone to Superior Foes. Squirrel Girl too.

Isn't Guardians 3000 supposed to be a miniseries anyway?
I hope not

Messi

I'm sorry for shit talking Pulido :(

Wait, uncanny avengers #1?! They are rebooting that series? I just started reading it.

Owzers

Batmanification of X-Men continues with a weekly Wolverine series from ya boy Mike Marts
this might be why he was put on X-Men tbh, like Wacker going from 52 to Spider-Man

Forgot that 2.99 price tag of Eternal though and kept 3.99. All your monies. Young not being on the art of Rocket makes me worry it will be like JHW's Batwoman. I'll have to read a few more issues of Rocket to see whether the book is worth continuing if Young isn't going to be around on art.

I'm sorry for shit talking Pulido :(

Wait, uncanny avengers #1?! They are rebooting that series? I just started reading it.

Marvel will allow you to read the issues before the relaunch too.

Kipp

Just read the Marvel solicits. I'm getting more and more scared that we won't be getting a second Hawkeye OHC...
Don't do this to me, Marvel.

Messi

Relaunching with an updated roster after the events of Axis.

Marvel is allergic to big numbers now. It's just continuing after AXIS with a new roster.

Well that's pretty stupid. All new x-men are heading into high 30s

Forgot that 2.99 price tag of Eternal though and kept 3.99. All your monies. Young not being on the art of Rocket makes me worry it will be like JHW's Batwoman. I'll have to read a few more issues of Rocket to see whether the book is worth continuing if Young isn't going to be around on art.

Marvel will allow you to read the issues before the relaunch too.

I laughed way too hard at this

Man I don't even read Ultimate Marvel, I just accept the fact that everything I read from Marvel is going to get cancelled. I think Uncanny Avengers and maybe Rocket Raccoon are the only exceptions right now.

I'll give Ant-Man a shot since it's supposed to be similar in tone to Superior Foes. Squirrel Girl too.

Basically anything below the 20k mark is the kiss of death, as far as Marvel is concerned. They go ahead and tell their creative teams to plan a 12-15 issue story cuz they probably won't get much more than that.

Looking at September here

-Mighty Avengers is getting relaunched with a good artist, Captain America, and a Spider-Man guest(?) appearance.
-Shu-Hulk cancelled, fuck all of you(...will probably be relauched ala Captain Marvel for another 12 issues maybe)
-X-Force is probably over at #15
-Captain Marvel probably got 12 issues, or they're hoping that anniversary issue from December will help
-Secret Avengers they gonna let that run its course til #15 probably
-All-New Invaders can't be long for this world, right?
-Elektra rip
-All-New Ultimates rip
-Superior Foes rip
-Miracleman, Marvel doesn't care, keep publishing it until new Neal Gaiman stories come out
-Avengers Undercover came to an end
-New Warriors the lowest selling Marvel ongoing sorry pie and beans and tyrant rave

arkon

No sign of 8House in those Image January 2015 solicits :( Guess they aren't ready to launch yet. Will have been a year since the Image Expo announcement by that point.

Messi

What's with The Clown at Midnight in Batman & Son? Morrison just decided to write a chapter in between issues? Was that in the comic as it released. I should probably read it.

What's with The Clown at Midnight in Batman & Son? Morrison just decided to write a chapter in between issues? Was that in the comic as it released. I should probably read it.

Yeah it was...I don't really like it at all, but Harley is in it, and its kinda important to Morrison's evolution of the Joker, so skimp away

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are DC Deluxe Editions the same size as Marvels OHCs? The New Frontier releaes next February as a Deluxe Edition and I have no idea how big those are.

Kipp

Yeah it was...I don't really like it at all, but Harley is in it, and its kinda important to Morrison's evolution of the Joker, so skimp away

I didn't like it at all either. It reeeally dragged. Didn't help that it was a text-only (essentially) story stuck in the middle of a comic book. If I'm reading a comic book, I want pictures with my words.
And speaking of the pictures that were there, that was a dreadful excuse for art. I don't know how anyone thought those visuals were a good idea.

Are DC Deluxe Editions the same size as Marvels OHCs? The New Frontier releaes next February as a Deluxe Edition and I have no idea how big those are.

Yep. DC Deluxe editions, Marvel OHCs, and Image OHCs are all the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom