• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
NEWAV2013029COV-bc2f7.jpg
Yup, that looks like the Beyonder. Style of clothes and hair match his human incarnation.

Cade

We welcome new members but kindly ask them not to encourage our problematic members into self-destructive behavior. For example, don't let Messi buy any bad waifu books and harm the industry, and don't let anyone buy figures ever.

Wool

Sorry Benjamin. The current plan is for you to get banned during the "Birdie RIP" saga, followed by "Battle for the Ben" in which Kipp emerges as the new Benjamin Birdie. Then you'll come back after a year during the "Return of Benjamin Birdie" miniseries, only to be banned once again so that Grandharrier can usurp your position as the Superior Benjamin Birdie. The other OT denizens will clamor for your return, but by the time you do as the Amazing Benjamin Birdie, they'll have grown too fond of Harrier-Birdie's style and wish you'd never returned.

Yeah but the problem is that Benjamin-Birdie (the original at least) has posted himself into a corner for the past few years.

Messi

We welcome new members but kindly ask them not to encourage our problematic members into self-destructive behavior. For example, don't let Messi buy any bad waifu books and harm the industry, and don't let anyone buy figures ever.

If you guys followed my lead we would still have Elektra and She Hulk. YOU ARE THE ONES TO BLAME

arkon

Going back to that Expo, there are a few books that haven't reappeared.

Nameless (Morrison)
8House (Graham and company)
Great Beyond (Spencer)
Paradigms (Spencer)
Cerulean (Spencer)
Restoration (Willingham)

Yeah. I've been waiting to try out most of those :(

If you guys followed my lead we would still have Elektra and She Hulk. YOU ARE THE ONES TO BLAME

"It was a spark that started the fire, a legend that grew in the telling. Some believe it began when Harley Quinn beat the Locke and Key finale for BOTM. Others believe it began when the Morrisonites were broken on the below-average Action Comics run. Many more believe it began when Slaven and NotTheGuyYouKill posted endless threads in the OT, turning the Off-Topic red and blue. But it happened before the Solicitations, before the Statues and before the Cancellation. It started with an idea..."

Elektras art was magnificent

Yeah but that could only keep me going for the first half dozen issues. I dropped it midway through the current arc. Book was a strange beast, I won't miss it. Sry messi

One of the most unlikeable, dull supporting casts in recent memory, too. Elektra doesn't need a posse.

Sorry Benjamin. The current plan is for you to get banned during the "Birdie RIP" saga, followed by "Battle for the Ben" in which Kipp emerges as the new Benjamin Birdie. Then you'll come back after a year during the "Return of Benjamin Birdie" miniseries, only to be banned once again so that Grandharrier can usurp your position as the Superior Benjamin Birdie. The other OT denizens will clamor for your return, but by the time you do as the Amazing Benjamin Birdie, they'll have grown too fond of Harrier-Birdie's style and wish you'd never returned.

But they all thought Harrier-Birdie was so dumb when it was solicited GOD DAMN IT

Just finished the first arc of Southern Bastards, hoooooooly shit. What a fucking gutpunch that last issue is. That is the whole issue, getting punched in the gut. I was in a "well, that was great comics but fuck this!" state of mind until the epilogue. Now I have to come back, Aaron you son of a bitch

Three more #1s lined up for this evening:
Low
Copperhead
Trees

Just finished the first arc of Southern Bastards, hoooooooly shit. What a fucking gutpunch that last issue is. That is the whole issue, getting punched in the gut. I was in a "well, that was great comics but fuck this!" state of mind until the epilogue. Now I have to come back, Aaron you son of a bitch

They learned the best possible lessons from Deadwood.

Of course the first volume of their series has the same title as the best episode of that series.

ReAxion

all those feels and it makes me wanna eat bbq, too. like, more than watching cooking shows about bbq.

It's too late for most of us on the figure thing... Freeza and Cheska have crazy amounts!

But really, feel free to post if you are new to thread or medium in general. We try our best to give good recommendations and advice

Just finished reading Somewhere Within the Shadows; Blacksad is pure genius. Before I read it, I did wondered if the animal faces were purely an artistic choice. Reading the first story, I can see that the readers pre-conceptions and stereotypes of various animal traits are used to greatly improve the pacing of the story. It reduces the need for exposition using more panels and dialogue.

And the lighting and shadows are so gorgeous.

Zombine

Banned
Just finished reading Somewhere Within the Shadows; Blacksad is pure genius. Before I read it, I did wondered if the animal faces were purely an artistic choice. Reading the first story, I can see the our pre-conceptions and stereotypes of various animal traits to greatly improve the pacing of the story. It reduces the need for exposition using more panels and dialogue.

And the lighting and shadows are so gorgeous.

I'm still recovering from him being a douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom