• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Regarding the jokes about Manhattan Projects being cancelled, that reminds me of something I was thinking about the other day.
Does Image ever cancel series? Or is it set up so that if a series isn't selling well, the creators are taking most of the hit and will choose to wrap it up?
I couldn't think of any times in recent memory where an Image series finished before the creator wanted it to, even though I'm sure some of the Image series don't sell all that well.

we've seen two pages of it, it exists in some form!

Uuuugh. I need the OHC of that right this moment. From those two pages, Chris Burnham is better than he ever was.

You should still do that. Great unique series. :(

Real day ruiner this one.

This is cool looking

s7nYvEjl.jpg

Why did they make Spider woman so sexy looking? Time to protest!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
DCGAF, what Comics do I want to read when I want to know more about the nazified Version of the Justice League? Is there a Elseworld-Miniseries? And are they the same guys like people, who hang around with Ultraman?

Just saw in the Marvel solicits that Superior Foes volume 3 comes out in January. Definitely pick that up if you liked the rest of the run!

I think I'm gonna do a reread of the series before 17 comes out next month

Regarding the jokes about Manhattan Projects being cancelled, that reminds me of something I was thinking about the other day.
Does Image ever cancel series? Or is it set up so that if a series isn't selling well, the creators are taking most of the hit and will choose to wrap it up?
I couldn't think of any times in recent memory where an Image series finished before the creator wanted it to, even though I'm sure some of the Image series don't sell all that well.

Uuuugh. I need the OHC of that right this moment. From those two pages, Chris Burnham is better than he ever was.
6K a month is the threshold to break even. So when brah's got no money the end.

6K a month is the threshold to break even. So when brah's got no money the end.

257 Stray Bullets The Killers 6 $3.50 Image 6,525

Still alive! I like to think the decade Lapham spent slumming on boring superhero comics got him enough dough he can take the hit here. Plus, he writes, draws, AND letters the book, so he aint splitting up the profit with any creatives. Hell, his wife is the damn editor.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
A new Hickman book, sweet.

No Manhattan Projects solicited for December or January then.

Hickman has mentioned on Twitter that he's blowing deadlines. I suppose something had to give.

There's no Chew in November, December or January. Book is totes canceled as it heads into the final quarter.

MG310

Brandon Montclare (Rocket Girl writer) referred to 8,000 as "Time to think about wrapping it up" territory...but at 12,000 he and Amy Reeder are making as much as they would on a Big 2 book.

Wool

No sign of 8House in those Image January 2015 solicits :( Guess they aren't ready to launch yet. Will have been a year since the Image Expo announcement by that point.

I'm excited for 8House.

Really excited for Rumble #1 in December too. Sounds like it's going to be Conan set in a post apocalyptic USA. Kind of looks like the Fallout world.

What is the reason Marvel and DC are so reluctant to introduce brand new characters anymore? It seems like every "new" character is a legacy character in an existing franchise and it's starting to get really boring. I might call it quits on the big two after the current storylines wrap up because they don't feel fresh anymore like they did in the 80s and 90s. There just reserving the same food.

Messi

Man The Clown at Midnight is a real slog. It's dense and doesn't read easily. It's stopped me dead in my tracks reading this book. But I want to read more as Harley is in it. Ill advised Morrison.

Vibranium

Banned
She-Hulk's cancellation is sad for a female character point of view, but Pulido's art...I just wish he could change how he draws eyes. Maybe I'll check it out in trades.

Unless your name is Kamala Khan apparently.

(Have sales for Ms. Marvel still been strong or have they started to drop off?)

Issue #1 was 50k
Issue #8 was 32k

So a steady drop-off but still safe and healthy but indicative that they'll need things like events / crossovers / renumbering to bump numbers up if it continues to drop.

ReAxion

Issue #1 was 50k
Issue #8 was 32k

So a steady drop-off but still safe and healthy but indicative that they'll need things like events / crossovers / renumbering to bump numbers up if it continues to drop.

Is that print? Cuz didn't they say digital exceeds print for that title?

MG310

Might have to jump back on board Adjectiveless X-Men when G. Willow Wilson takes over.

How have the post- Brian Wood issues been anyway?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Unless your name is Kamala Khan apparently.

(Have sales for Ms. Marvel still been strong or have they started to drop off?)

Shes part of the Ms. Marvel Franchise = Legacy Character.

Beside that, I heard that her sales arent that good anymore... But I can be wrong.

I still think that she wont survive past 15 Issues...

Is that print? Cuz didn't they say digital exceeds print for that title?

Yes, that is print. And I don't know about the other part you mention. I was just giving them the numbers. The thing to keep in mind is that for most titles, digital isn't taken into account. It's why books that drop below a certain threshold in print still get the axe even if adding digital would bump them above it.

Irregardless, Ms. Marvel is safe for the foreseeable future.

Messi

Yes, that is print. And I don't know about the other part you mention. I was just giving them the numbers. The thing to keep in mind is that for most titles, digital isn't taken into account. It's why books that drop below a certain threshold in print still get the axe even if adding digital would bump them above it.

Irregardless, Ms. Marvel is safe for the foreseeable future.

Didn't they say digital numbers are higher than print. It's a freak book in that regard.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Man The Clown at Midnight is a real slog. It's dense and doesn't read easily. It's stopped me dead in my tracks reading this book. But I want to read more as Harley is in it. Ill advised Morrison.

I enjoyed it, but it's most certainly a longer read. It's super flowery prose that I think makes sense for what Morrison is going for. The art's pretty shitty, but it's not like it's paramount to the issue.

MG310

She's selling about the same as Captain America, Thor, Hulk and Iron Man's solo series.

and 6-8,000 more than Punisher and Black Widow depending on the month.

That seems like a huge success for a new character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom