• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I really like a lot of Bendis' output, but damn if he isn't an ill fit for Guardians.

Zombine

Banned
Cover of the week:

STK650959.jpg

Dat
smile.

Mafro

Got a bunch of digital codes if people want them.
Not completely sure if all of these will work, as some were hard to read, and I already opened some of these, but I don't think I shared any before.

If you do use one, please state which ones, so others aren't inconvenienced.
Got Punisher #1, thanks.

Drayco21

Repeating sentences.

You mean Brian Micheal Bendis repeats sentences? Like, the comic writer Bendis? Repeating?

Going to add some thoughts to the books I read so far this week so this post isn't a waste:

Death of Wolverine: Deadpool and Captain America- Deadpool: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is arguably the best Deadpool story since the Kelly days, and I was extremely excited to hear this would be coming as it's basically both an epilogue to that and the death of Wolverine, but I'm surprised by just how much I liked the book. It was a really sweet, charming read with some really nice callbacks to Cap and Deadpool's history with each other and Wolverine, and it's exactly why I don't mind when characters die. Sure, Wolvie is going to be back in a year, but in the meantime, we're able to get some really fun and interesting character dynamics to spin out of the death, and in the end, that's what really matters to me. I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Batman Eternal #30- I think I'm back on the downswing as far as my opinion on this book goes. I know it's the more popular of the two weeklies around here, but while I've consistently enjoyed Future's End, even when nothing is really happening in it, my feelings on Eternal are all over the place, even in an issue like this one, full of plot movement. At this point, I think I'm in for Steph and for the Tim/Harper stuff, and that's it, and there was none of that in this issue. At the very least, the Batwing and Arkham stuff is pretty much resolved, so that won't be taking up any more time.

(will update with more as I read)

Got a bunch of digital codes if people want them.
Not completely sure if all of these will work, as some were hard to read, and I already opened some of these, but I don't think I shared any before.

If you do use one, please state which ones, so others aren't inconvenienced.

Awesome

i took thor. appreciate it!

WEGGLES

Bought Saga, Wayward, Low, and Black Science today.

Consider I only follow 6 comics, that's a pretty big week for me.

Saga was top notch, really picked up. Sucks it's on hiatus again. :'(

Wayward is getting interesting, curious to see where it's going. It's still setting things up, as it's only #3.

Low was neat, it's picking up steam. Very exciting.

Black Science is starting to lose me. I need to go back and re-read stuff. I feel like it's lost me a little bit.

Also Idk when this happened, but my night table drawer is filled to the top with comics? They just kinda pile up, I guess.

I finished reading PunisherMAX last night-I agree. It ends so...definitively, I find it hard to imagine someone else taking another shot at it.

I love Frank, though-I'll take any Punisher stories I can get. I wish there were at least some heroes in the Marvel U that respected him or appreciates what he did. At least give someone a different viewpoint. Not everyone should be this perfect idealized white knight that views Frank as a maniacal killer that needs to be stopped.

I know. I'm kinda sick of the entire MU taking such a dim view of Castle (though there are exceptions here and there like Wolverine).

This new version of Frank works pretty well in the MU too. He deals with threats that law enforcement can't combat adequately but that are below the attention or notice of the superheroes in the sky.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wooo! The interview went really well! And they're only interviewing 13 other people, so it's not like I'm competing against a crazy amount of people for the job.

And the funny thing is that this could possibly be my plan B since the candidate for congress I'm volunteering for asked me if I'd like to work for him/his company after the election is over. If the pay for that is the same or a little less than the one I just interviewed for, I'd probably prefer it.

Kinda weird to be desperate for a good full-time job for almost two years and then have both of these promising opportunities at the same time.

But now I have to wait and see.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wooo! The interview went really well! And they're only interviewing 13 other people, so it's not like I'm competing against a crazy amount of people for the job.

And the funny thing is that this could possibly be my plan B since the candidate for congress I'm volunteering for asked me if I'd like to work for him/his company after the election is over. If the pay for that is the same or a little less than the one I just interviewed for, I'd probably prefer it.

Kinda weird to be desperate for a good full-time job for almost two years and then have both of these promising opportunities at the same time.

I hope you get the job, when do you know if you was succesful?

Keep fighting the good fight brah.

aw crap, Harley annual had a bombshell cover...DC just boned me 12 bucks for a damn annual..grumblegrumbleIneedtobemorelikekippgrumble

But yay I finally got my Batgirl!

Busaiku

I probably wouldn't have gone this week if I didn't want a variant I didn't pick up last week.
Not too many titles for me this week.

I'm liking Doctor Strange so far. It's a shame that the book is in black-and-white, this art would look great with the original colors. Also, didn't care much for Doctor Strange #3, the one that Stan Lee and Steve Ditko helped on. I know they created the character, but that issue's writing and artwork were both too Silver Age for my taste.

And my IST orders come tomorrow. I made another one last night, too, but I'm not telling you contents of that one until it arrives.

Onemic

How are Crisis of Infinite Earths, Final Crisis, Infinite Crisis, and 52? And do any of these tie into the Multiversity?

I'm liking Doctor Strange so far. It's a shame that the book is in black-and-white, this art would look great with the original colors. Also, didn't care much for Doctor Strange #3, the one that Stan Lee and Steve Ditko helped on. I know they created the character, but that issue's writing and artwork were both too Silver Age for my taste.

And my IST orders come tomorrow. I made another one last night, too, but I'm not telling you contents of that one until it arrives.
What Doctor Strange collections do you have?

Hawkeye delay depression, surely

I know these feels.

How are Crisis of Infinite Earths, Final Crisis, Infinite Crisis, and 52? And do any of these tie into the Multiversity?

Good, great, very good and great respectively. They don't really tie in as they deal with the old multiverse.

I went to my LCS. They didn't have the Harley annual. I actually bought nothing, not even the D&D Monster Manual I specifically went up to buy because all the copies they had had serious issues with the spines. Just feeling kinda depressed about life stuff lately. I did see Kev Walker did an expansion for Zombicide, I'm definitely getting myself that for Christmas.

I've been getting books from the 2000 AD store as well since I saw they do DRM-free digital books. So far, I've gotten Nikolai Dante: Too Cool to Kill, Predator vs. Dredd vs. Aliens, The Ballad of Halo Jones, Age of the Wolf and the Dredd: Uprise and Winter Special one-offs. Definitely gonna try something from their Halloween sale as well.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I hope you get the job, when do you know if you was succesful?

I was told that they would come to their decision by the end of the week, then they'd hand it off to HR which will take a week or a little more. So it'll probably be two weeks before I hear back about it.

Keep fighting the good fight brah.

Thanks, Rafa

aw crap, Harley annual had a bombshell cover...DC just boned me 12 bucks for a damn annual..grumblegrumbleIneedtobemorelikekippgrumble

Haha. Almost didn't catch that.
I hope it was an amazingly good comic. Was it even smell-tastic since it was a bombshell variant?

Slow day here, especially for a Wednesday!

For real. I was questioning whether or not Wednesday was new comics day after all.
Getting to that 10,000th post may be harder than anticipated.

Essential Doctor Strange Vol. 3. I may pick up some MMW volumes later on, but this will suffice for now.

Just FYI for when you do want to pick up some MMW volumes, there are a couple hardcover volumes that have been cheap on Ebay for a while, so I'd check out that situation. They must've undersold massively, because there are stores on Ebay that seem to have hundreds of them at sub-IST prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom