• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

How did he originally loose his healing factor?

to be honest, i forget this time - it burned out again? i mean i still remember when they zapped it away by hitting him with a satellite attached to leech, and he bled out from his foot & stayed dead for an entire issue.

kinda hate knowing these things because when my finite existence ends i fear they'll flashback and not the good times

Congrats! Now pics or
--->

B1IhMcQCYAIIE2Y.jpg

B1IhPl_CUAAqVBy.jpg

B1IhS2VCUAAOCGf.jpg

has ist not updated yet or something?

I swear all these "New releases" were new releases a week ago

or maybe just the deals this week are not updated or something...

or maybe there just isn't anything NEW this week I want which would be fantastic because I have backlog stuff to get.

I went statue crazy today. Harley and Batgirl Covergirl statues bought!

I ordered the covergirl statue when it showed back up in previews a few months ago. still haven't seen it (but i haven't been to my shop in 3 weeks either so who knows)

I have the huntress, supergirl, poison ivy and batwoman though. Dont have a great opinion on the huntress (the statue that is) but the other 3 are perfect.

also everytime I see a panel from the doodle jump comic I think to myself "I really want to fuckin read the doodle jump comic is there something wrong with me"

http://www.bleedingcool.com/?attachment_id=372893

shit is adorable

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
GotG #20 is such a slap in the face.

Go back to writing Powers Bendis.

Saw this write-up of it earlier and agree with most of it:

http://lio-convoy.tumblr.com/post/101266371459/guardians-of-the-galaxy-20-2014

The worst part is that the story not only didn't fit in with Thanos Imperative, but that it had lots of inconsistencies even within those three issues. Logic established in one issue gets thrown out of the window in the next. I second the wish he'd get thrown of this book in favor of dedicating more time and energy to Powers.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
to be honest, i forget this time - it burned out again? i mean i still remember when they zapped it away by hitting him with a satellite attached to leech, and he bled out from his foot & stayed dead for an entire issue.

kinda hate knowing these things because when my finite existence ends i fear they'll flashback and not the good times

He lost it in a very throwaway story about a
sentient virus. The virus deactivated the healing factor as a bargaining chip to be left alone. Logan refused.

The worst part is that the story not only didn't fit in with Thanos Imperative, but that it had lots of inconsistencies even within those three issues. Logic established in one issue gets thrown out of the window in the next. I second the wish he'd get thrown of this book in favor of dedicating more time and energy to Powers.

This was the only story arc in Bendis' GOTG that I was looking forward to. Sounds awful, and consistently inconsistent like the rest of his run. I'll probably take the next volume off my wishlist and sell vols 1 and 2 to whoever will buy em.

wtf is this shit.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
has ist not updated yet or something?

I swear all these "New releases" were new releases a week ago

or maybe just the deals this week are not updated or something...

or maybe there just isn't anything NEW this week I want which would be fantastic because I have backlog stuff to get.

You see the Deadpool and Cable omnibus, Howard the Duck omnibus, etc. as Deals of the Week, right? If so, those are from this week's releases.

Last week's releases included the Alias omnibus and... I can't remember what else.

IrishNinja

He lost it in a very throwaway story about a
sentient virus. The virus deactivated the healing factor as a bargaining chip to be left alone. Logan refused.

fuck, that's almost worse than last time, ugh
i think the best time they ever pulled that crap was "hey so the metal got ripped out of you, your shit is shut down for a while" but i might be biased cause i was all about adam kubert's splash pages at that age

Messi

Saw this on Reddit.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/957

Hawkeye 21 moved from 11/12/14 to 12/10/14

Hawkeye 22 moved from 12/10/14 to 01/14/15

and volume 4 moved from 01/07/15 to 02/04/15

>:

This is stunning. I would love to know what is causing all of these delays other than the easy option of saying... AJA

So apparently Diamond switched their Harley Annual orders over to the international version. No pot smell for anyone.

Where are your superior smells now America. WHERE?

Dalek

This was the only story arc in Bendis' GOTG that I was looking forward to. Sounds awful, and consistently inconsistent like the rest of his run. I'll probably take the next volume off my wishlist and sell vols 1 and 2 to whoever will buy em.

I've been tolerant of his GOTG series-until this "Story". The entire series has been all about nothing! Seinfeld in Space! It's such a goddamned travesty I wish Marvel would put ANYONE else on it right now. At least give us something fucking interesting. The most interesting thing that happened in the series was the entire team was split up and kidnapped by various factions-and each in a horrible predicament-and it was resolved an issue later.

Bii

So apparently Diamond switched their Harley Annual orders over to the international version. No pot smell for anyone.

Umm, my store had the pot version. The shop owners opened up the baggie and we all took turns taking a hit. I guess it was high on everyone's list this week.

Busaiku

Got a bunch of digital codes if people want them.
Not completely sure if all of these will work, as some were hard to read, and I already opened some of these, but I don't think I shared any before.

If you do use one, please state which ones, so others aren't inconvenienced.

Spider-Man 2099 #1

Amazing Spider-Man #1

Amazing Spider-Man #8

Moon Knight #1

Moon Knight #2

Moon Knight #3

100th Anniversary Spider-Man

Elektra #1

Punisher #2

Punisher #3

Punisher #4

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Not completely sure if all of these will work, as some were hard to read, and I already opened some of these, but I don't think I shared any before.

I grabbed Ms. Marvel #1.
Thanks! I've been wanting to see what all the hype is about for a while now.

I've been tolerant of his GOTG series-until this "Story". The entire series has been all about nothing! Seinfeld in Space! It's such a goddamned travesty I wish Marvel would put ANYONE else on it right now. At least give us something fucking interesting. The most interesting thing that happened in the series was the entire team was split up and kidnapped by various factions-and each in a horrible predicament-and it was resolved an issue later.

Yep I don't have time for comics that tread water like this, it's unbearable.

And a complete disservice to the GOTG I mean c'mon, we had such a great movie version and they apparently have no idea what to do with the characters in the comics.

Shame because I'm a big Captain Marvel fan but I know that Guardians Disassembled arc goes nowhere, and the Planet Venom stuff sounds stupid as hell. Not even gonna bother.

Drayco21

It makes me sad we live in the horrible alternate future where Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning will never work together again, and we're stuck in Bendis hell.

uVudGxL.gif

I have such feelings right now. Edmondson's run really does strike a chord for me :(

Regarding Punisher MAX returning... I have very, very mixed feelings. They were some of the best stories told in comics ever, but the Punisher MAX finale was simply perfect. Unless they're doing something very unusual with this one (modern day reboot or something else), then I dunno if I wanna do it all over again.

Ennis and Aaron told a pitch-perfect story. I don't need Vietnam or Frank's entire history rehashed again. But having two Punisher books at once, I'm not gonna say no to that.

It's good that Punisher isn't canceled, but Edmondson and Gerad are ending it on their own terms. I'm curious as to what the next iteration of Punisher will be. Maybe it'll be a Waid-esque situation, same creative team, but they do a reboot because of a massive change of status quo at the end of the story?

I don't think Rucka is ever coming back, as much as I loved his work. Wasn't his run of Punisher cut way short and he was angry about that or something? Though he did wrap it up with War Zone...

Hm. I'd be happy with Edmondson continuing or Rucka coming back, both are great outcomes, but I really do like the Punisher that is more action hero than grim vigilante. I just like the change.

I wish that was real, I wish we could be rid of the Actual Worst Character In Marvel. ALAS.

This is the worst post I've ever read, and I run the Anonymous Confessions. That's how offensive this post is.

Saw this on Reddit.

>:
I keep repeating to myself that it will be worth the wait, no fill ins like immortal iron fist, its gonna look great in digital, just put it out of your head until #22 comes out

But I was hoping that be the end of the year, an early Christmas present

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
More Guardians:

I felt like a lot of the last issue was spent justifying why he didn't explain the Nova stuff before and it felt really forced. Richard declaring what happened was to remain super secret to everyone, Gamora in particular, fell flat. Didn't feel within his character to spend his last words on such a request.

As an aside, I also feel this didn't really explain why Quill was on sort of chummy terms with Thanos around the time of Infinity. They were at odds this entire arc, trying to kill him or keeping him trapped. Expect at the end where they all got out and just sort of awkwardly look at each other only to presumably shrug, go home and finally watch that documentary that's been on the top of their Netflix queue for months.

That reminds me, I have a shit-ton of codes and never used them. I hope they haven't expired. Let me see if I can pull them without tearing anything.

Saw this on Reddit.

>:

3vKJqc7.gif

I've basically stopped caring. I love Hawkguy, but seriously, this is fucked.

Can't wait for Lemire to start. At least we'll get it on time.

ReAxion

grabbed Daredevil #1

And as far as Hawkeye goes,.. I'm over that shit. I was already not giving much of a shit,, but now its just ridiculous. I'll have to read the last 5 issues to know what's going one once they get these last TWO issues out. pfffftt

Dammit I'll still buy em,, just annoying

Dalek

Yep I don't have time for comics that tread water like this, it's unbearable.

And a complete disservice to the GOTG I mean c'mon, we had such a great movie version and they apparently have no idea what to do with the characters in the comics.

Shame because I'm a big Captain Marvel fan but I know that Guardians Disassembled arc goes nowhere, and the Planet Venom stuff sounds stupid as hell. Not even gonna bother.

There is more charm and personality in 5 minutes of the GOTG movie than there is in 2 years of this Bendis run. Fucking unreal.

uVudGxL.gif

I have such feelings right now. Edmondson's run really does strike a chord for me :(

Regarding Punisher MAX returning... I have very, very mixed feelings. They were some of the best stories told in comics ever, but the Punisher MAX finale was simply perfect. Unless they're doing something very unusual with this one (modern day reboot or something else), then I dunno if I wanna do it all over again.

Ennis and Aaron told a pitch-perfect story. I don't need Vietnam or Frank's entire history rehashed again. But having two Punisher books at once, I'm not gonna say no to that.

It's good that Punisher isn't canceled, but Edmondson and Gerad are ending it on their own terms. I'm curious as to what the next iteration of Punisher will be. Maybe it'll be a Waid-esque situation, same creative team, but they do a reboot because of a massive change of status quo at the end of the story?

I don't think Rucka is ever coming back, as much as I loved his work. Wasn't his run of Punisher cut way short and he was angry about that or something? Though he did wrap it up with War Zone...

Hm. I'd be happy with Edmondson continuing or Rucka coming back, both are great outcomes, but I really do like the Punisher that is more action hero than grim vigilante. I just like the change.

I finished reading PunisherMAX last night-I agree. It ends so...definitively, I find it hard to imagine someone else taking another shot at it.

I love Frank, though-I'll take any Punisher stories I can get. I wish there were at least some heroes in the Marvel U that respected him or appreciates what he did. At least give someone a different viewpoint. Not everyone should be this perfect idealized white knight that views Frank as a maniacal killer that needs to be stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom