• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Messi, please get Harley Quinn under control:

SEPTEMBER TOP 10 COMIC BOOKS

1 DEATH OF WOLVERINE #1
2 DEATH OF WOLVERINE #2
3 BATMAN: FUTURES END #1
4 HARLEY QUINN: FUTURES END #1
5 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #6
6 JUSTICE LEAGUE: FUTURES END #1
7 ORIGINAL SIN #8
8 DETECTIVE COMICS: FUTURES END #1
9 JUSTICE LEAGUE #33
10 BATMAN/SUPERMAN: FUTURES END #1

via Bleeding Cool

This is not by chance. She is always up that high. The main series deserves all the love and sales it's been receiving.

Wow. Harley is absolutely killing it. When does the first trade come out?

Hardcover is out at the end of October

Messi

What's this Humberto Ramos beef all about? Ice burn to bleeding cool to finish it off.

This is something i twitted a bit ago, please feel free to read

It is hard to make a name in this industry, but harder is to find good friends in it. Now imagine the anger and frustration you feel when "an exclusive" note threatens a long time friendship. Let me be clear, Eddie Berganza is not only a great editor but a good friend, the malicious note written by @bleedingcool of the things I said on my radio show @los_forasteros, were taken out of context, endangering that long time friendship, but with a little luck it won't succeed. This is how I see it, when you have good and close friends you let yourself go a bit with the way you talk to them. But some people don't get it and above of it they manipulate this information, taking it out of context and and presenting "their" version to their followers and creating a problem where there wasn't, but still...
Eddie, If my words offended you, your work or your reputation I'm sorry carnal, I love you pinche guatemalteco.
Also I want to apologize to both @marvel and @dccomics for involuntary involving them in this high school style gossip, and let me be clear on this issue THERE IS NOTHING I RESPECT MORE THAN MY JOB, SO THERE IS NOTHING I RESPECT MORE THAN BOTH COMPANIES and to them I also apologize for any embarrassment I brought on to you and the talent and editorial staff whom i might offended because of this.
And for bleeding cool, I've always tried to be helpful with you everytime you've contacted me but in the future spare me to be unpolite to you, don't contact me again.
Thanks

My wife just dropped $90 at Hot Topic on Harley Quinn stuff for Halloween. I'm going as Heath Ledger Joker/ Greg Capullo Joker. Wear the mask to the party and take it off to have Heath Ledger makeup under it.

Harley is popular.

Messi

It's crazy how well Harley Quinn has been doing. Goes to show that DC can benefit from trying different things.

She's pretty awesome and it was the best book dc could try it with. Harley fans will give anything with her on it a go.

More importantly, the first JL3K trade comes out next week!

Sorry, I don't read JL books.

i tried to investigate but it took me to the spider-gwen spoiler thing we didn't wanna read.

I figured it would be in there. Anyone care to help?

This is not by chance. She is always up that high. The main series deserves all the love and sales it's been receiving.

Hardcover is out at the end of October

Perfect. Thanks so much. I finish Uni in the last week of October, one final assignment aside, I'll have no distractions:

Messi

I'm not sure what else I can do to make my display pic spookier than it already is. I might need some help!

You could go with Vampire Batwoman.

Batwoman-B.jpg

My favourite Batwoman

My wife just dropped $90 at Hot Topic on Harley Quinn stuff for Halloween. I'm going as Heath Ledger Joker/ Greg Capullo Joker. Wear the mask to the party and take it off to have Heath Ledger makeup under it.

Harley is popular.

NICE, TIME FOR A GAF FLASHBACK: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660885

So, I'm gonna now be trying to get into DC's Bat-verse titles, and I need someone to help me out here, cause I think I'm way behind.

To date, the only ones I've read (in terms of the modern day comics), are Scott Snyder's Detective Comics Run, and his current Batman run (Finished the whole Zero Year arc). What are the other Batman/Gotham titles out there and how are they different from the Mainline Batman title? What differentiates them in terms of tone and story? What should I read?

So, Gotham Academy is like teen detective mystery. Arkham Manor will be horror. Grayson is espionage. What else? And what about this Forever Evil thing? What is that?

Anyone? Anyone at all? I know I ask dumb questions, but c'mooooooooon

Hey guys I need a quick favour. It's my partner's birthday and I was going to buy him Batman and Robin Vol 4: Requiem for Damien, but I just found out about the Batman 75th Anniversary Commemorative Collection, collecting Batman: Hush, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and Batman: Court of Owls. He hasn't read these stories before. Which would you recommend? The only trades/comics he owns are Batman and Robin 1-3 (new 52), Green Lantern Corps 1-3 (new 52) and The Deep 1-2.

Nudull

Banned
God, I hate Vampire Batwoman. Bad enough that they'd go with an age-old lesbian stereotype, and the way they went about it was really creepy. :/

frye

I almost put Detective Comics back in the shelf today from my pull list because it is a side story by a creative team I have never heard of before. Hooooo-leeeee shit I am glad I didn't. Percy/Leon/Stewart just crafted (so far, 2 parts) one of the most unique Batman issues I have ever read. First off the art is channeling a mix between D. Cooke/C. Samnee. General spoilers below.

Bruce Wayne is at the airport with Alfred about to take off on a private jet for a vacation, one Alfred begged him to go on. Meanwhile in air traffic control, a plane is approaching the airport without radio communications. Bruce finds out that something is wrong and has a Batman outfit in the plane. Plane crash lands which the art for is Amazing. Batman gets on board to find every body decomposed. A Eco terroist later is on the news saying if the U.S. does not withdrawal from the Middle East, the cause of the deaths and decomposition of the passengers will be the fate of the American people with Gotham being ground zero. Batman sees him and the authorities having 8 hours to live.

From a while back but I read this after I found out John Paul Leon and Dave Stewart drew it and yeah this is p. sweet

X-Men will die for Batman's sins now that Mike Marts has jumped ship but at least one part of DC is consistently publishing work that doesn't just seem like it snuck past whoever it is that makes sure all these comics read the same

The Ramos/Bleeding Cool thing... I glanced at the story earlier, and it was about the new artist on Guardians 3K. The way BC was portraying it, Ramos had been talking to Berganza about getting this guy a shot at DC, but they kept giving the runaround and putting him off. So Ramos called up Cebulski at Marvel who agreed to give him a shot right away, and now he's the new artist on Guardians 3k.

So maybe BC took some comments out of context and used them to create a narrative of Marvel giving new artists opportunities where DC won't, and Ramos is offended because he and Berganza are still friends.

Nudull

Banned
No, I meant in Snyder's run. I don't read tie-ins and big events most of the time, but why wasn't she kidnapped by The Joker at the end along with everyone else?

Kate was never really that close to the Batfamily, IIRC. Batman served solely as an inspiration for her to become a crimefighter.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hey guys I need a quick favour. It's my partner's birthday and I was going to buy him Batman and Robin Vol 4: Requiem for Damien, but I just found out about the Batman 75th Anniversary Commemorative Collection, collecting Batman: Hush, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and Batman: Court of Owls. He hasn't read these stories before. Which would you recommend? The only trades/comics he owns are Batman and Robin 1-3 (new 52), Green Lantern Corps 1-3 (new 52) and The Deep 1-2.

That sounds good to me, all great books. Have him read Hush first because it's the worst but he'll be impressed by it. Then owls because it's great, then DKR because it's pretty dense so it'd be good to get some practice reading in ahead of it.

Kate was never really that close to the Batfamily, IIRC. Batman served solely as an inspiration for her to become a crimefighter.

I think her separation from the Batfamily is part of what makes her character so appealing. She is mostly independent and is all the more refreshing for it. I didn't even mind that she was positioned as somewhat of an antagonist to Batman and vice versa. It was an interesting approach.

Nudull

Banned
We all know Cheska wouldn't fight fair. Wouldnt be surprised if she carried a shank into the fight.

Real talk

Please, Cheska's too classy for that.

You'd already be poisoned and close to death from that drink she gave you before she even lifted a finger. ;)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
This endless Southern California heat wave is seriously cramping my style. How am I supposed to enjoy comics or anything else when it's 95 degrees and I don't have air conditioning.

I sincerely believe when the average temperature finally drops below 70 degrees, my comics reading will triple.

Owzers

DCBS updated, there's a book called Copra vol 1 for 45% off, you guys talk about Copra.

You guys serious about this book? Or is it the Dick Grayson of indie titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom