• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

So the end of Spider Verse is
kinda like Spider Man Unlimited with Peter trapped in another universe while the 616 will have Spider Gwen...I fucking hate Dan Slott. Yes, Spider Girl is technically back and that's cool but this...feels really rushed.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
DCBS updated, there's a book called Copra vol 1 for 45% off, you guys talk about Copra.

You guys serious about this book? Or is it the Dick Grayson of indie titles?

Check out the first issue for yourself!

I have the TPB (thanks to Fauxtrot's amazing generosity) and I haven't actually read it yet since I'm doing that thing where you have a book you know you'll love so you wait for just the right time to read it to enjoy it fully. But anyways, the TPB itself is a very high quality thing and the art looks absolutely stunning. Since I haven't read it though, I can't speak for the story yet.
But yeah, just check out that first issue.

MartyStu

kinda like Spider Man Unlimited with Peter trapped in another universe while the 616 will have Spider Gwen...I fucking hate Dan Slott. Yes, Spider Girl is technically back and that's cool but this...feels really rushed.

Wut? Where is this coming from?

Boogiepop

Today was a good day for completing things. Finished off Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright (though I still need to do the teeny bit of postgame stuff that's there) and reading through Part 2 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (so now I finally enter Stardust Crusaders, yay!)

Also, even though I think he did get brought up to some degree, I just know Japanese Spiderman is going to probably just get like a panel or two or a gag or something and nothing else in Spiderverse. I know it's not something that could last super long, but ever since I watched through the full series for some godforsaken reason, I've really wanted to see a miniseries or something of him showing up in the Marvel Universe. And this is the perfect chance, but of course they're going to probably waster it. :(

Nudull

Banned
Are we talking about Spider-Gwen? Because yes it was.

No, another Spider-Girl; May Parker, Peter and MJ's daughter from an alternate universe.

6X8BKbk.jpg

fauxtrot

Banned
Jesus god almighty... Gotham is the worst written and acted tv show I have had the displeasure of watching in a loooonnggg time. Christ...

Jesus god almighty... Gotham is the worst written and acted tv show I have had the displeasure of watching in a loooonnggg time. Christ...

oh come now. It isn't that bad. It's certainly not great, and I think it's a decent show when they forget about trying to shove well-known characters in your face every five seconds.

fauxtrot

Banned
The plot has been fine enough so far, but the script is so poorly written that I would have no problem filing a list of 25 legitimately cringe worthy lines per episode. The actors must be given terrible direction (or the takes that are being used are ones they absolutely shouldn't be using) because the cast is filled with more than competent actors... yet the performances are wildly uneven at best. Oh, and the score is so hokey it's distracting.

I've never watched Smallville or Arrow, so maybe they're all this way and people have a higher tolerance for this stuff than I do, but I expected better than what we got in the abysmal 2 episodes that have aired so far. I didn't expect this to be a Breaking Bad or Mad Men either... my roommate watches a lot of CW shows and they're all better written and contain better performances than this, thus far.

The on-the-nose cameos are so low on the totem pole of this show's problems.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Really because that sounds not only pretty cool but pretty fresh.

PsychBat!

Banned
Really because that sounds not only pretty cool but pretty fresh.
Just you wait, Dan Slott will somehow progressively ruin Gwen's life in many ways.

Too soon for another shake up for Spider-Man imo. I welcome Spider-Gwen in the 616 in any case.

That sounds good to me, all great books. Have him read Hush first because it's the worst but he'll be impressed by it. Then owls because it's great, then DKR because it's pretty dense so it'd be good to get some practice reading in ahead of it.

Thanks for the advice/suggestions. I went with the anniversary collection in the end. I told him to follow the reading order you outlined and he seems rather happy.

Just you wait, Dan Slott will somehow progressively ruin Gwen's life in many ways.

Too soon for another shake up for Spider-Man imo. I welcome Spider-Gwen in the 616 in any case.

Bear with me. What if Doc Ock takes over Spider Gwens body permanently as a means of having both characters at the same time? #Brilliant #PrintIt #ShipIt

ElOTFsF.png

This is for the person who called it first, I guess. Either Cheska or pock3tmonster.

Omg that is amazing! You did a fantastic job PsychBatl, thanks for going to the trouble! Cheska, I'll let you have first dibs, since you posted first. If you don't want it, I'm going to take it for sure.

fauxtrot

Banned
I just watched Jodorowsky's Dune for the first time... that dream team of artists, musicians and actors just blows my mind. Such a great doc.

Looks like I'm going on a mini Metahumans buying spree this weekend.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh, no! :eek:

I just noticed this corner came out fucked up from my IST order.

S7UnxEC.png

If I email them about it and ask for a replacement, will I have to send them back this copy?

This is all I see on their website about replacement.

Q) What do I do if something is missing/damaged from my shipment?

A) Please notify us by e-mail within 48 hours of receipt of your shipment and we will be happy to replace your missing/damaged item(s). Notifying us within 48 hours will help us to obtain replacement items.

Doesn't seem like they ask you to return them the damaged book but I dunno. Anyone have to return a book to them before?

Zombine

Banned
I just watched Jodorowsky's Dune for the first time... that dream team of artists, musicians and actors just blows my mind. Such a great doc.

Looks like I'm going on a mini Metahumans buying spree this weekend.

The concept was wild, but the choice in actors were poor at best. Jagger would have never given a good performance, and Orson would have phoned it in. People are more obsessed with the idea of Jodorowski making this movie, versus the reality of what would have made it on screen.

I think at this moment we are close to a good Dune movie, it's just that we need someone as passionate as that guy in this age to make it happen.

Cade

May Parker, Spider-Girl was really fun. Really awesome rogues gallery, one of my all-time favorites. Goofy stories sometimes but hey, it's a spider-book

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh woops... I got so caught up in being miserable due to the heat wave that I forgot to put together my desert island list of single issues. Surely I'll remember to do that today.

The plot has been fine enough so far, but the script is so poorly written that I would have no problem filing a list of 25 legitimately cringe worthy lines per episode. The actors must be given terrible direction (or the takes that are being used are ones they absolutely shouldn't be using) because the cast is filled with more than competent actors... yet the performances are wildly uneven at best. Oh, and the score is so hokey it's distracting.

I've never watched Smallville or Arrow, so maybe they're all this way and people have a higher tolerance for this stuff than I do, but I expected better than what we got in the abysmal 2 episodes that have aired so far. I didn't expect this to be a Breaking Bad or Mad Men either... my roommate watches a lot of CW shows and they're all better written and contain better performances than this, thus far.

The on-the-nose cameos are so low on the totem pole of this show's problems.

It always baffles me that whenever you give normally competent television people a comics franchise, it turns into the most absolutely terrible, cheesy thing ever. How many perfectly competent (not saying great, but competent) cop shows are there on TV right now? Would it be so hard to just do the exact same thing as all those people, but set it in Gotham instead of Miami/San Francisco/Whatever?

With that said, I only made it 20 minutes into the first episode.

I for one approve of this trend for Halloween avatars.

I gotta figure out my Halloween avatar...
I'm sort of tempted to use the MSPaint avatar I made that Cade was using for a while with Hellboy dressed as Batman. That's vaguely Halloweeny and I was really proud of that one.

Cade

This is true. Give me a break. I am tired :p

Everybody's tired on post-Smash AM. Such is life. I think the only Spider-Girl stuff I own is in the weird small trades, but I'm pretty sure when I borrowed some from the library they were in normal trade size.

Also there's a girl Wolverine named Wild Thing in this universe

Messi

Everybody's tired on post-Smash AM. Such is life. I think the only Spider-Girl stuff I own is in the weird small trades, but I'm pretty sure when I borrowed some from the library they were in normal trade size.

Also there's a girl Wolverine named Wild Thing in this universe

The Messi universe?

Cade

The Messi universe?

Could be. I think there's a Dazzler daughter chick and a girl Magneto too, but I only read one non-Spider-Girl trade (Wild Thing) in that universe so I ain't sure.

Crazy Eight is one of my favorite villains though and Darkdevil is just badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom