• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She lives in Coney Island now and she is pretty settled in her new community. They are doing a wonderful job.

You certainly make it sound wonderful. Can't wait for that first trade and the Power Girl arc that begins this month. I'm buying this arc digitally. It's too much to trade wait.

I am also looking forward to the Harley/Power Girl arc this month. It'll be nice to have Conner and Palmiotti reunite with Peej. Too bad Amanda Conner isn't the artist...

Messi

You certainly make it sound wonderful. Can't wait for that first trade and the Power Girl arc that begins this month. I'm buying this arc digitally. It's too much to trade wait.

I'm not sure it's an arc. I think it's just an issue and then Pee Gee might be around.

I collect the covers and variants of Harley so it gets costly. I also have the Hardcover on order for easy reading.

My covers. I got the Adam Hughes one and the one with bud & Lou for cover price and they are pricy now.
BwHvd4LIYAEytS1.jpg

I'm not sure it's an arc. I think it's just an issue and then Pee Gee might be around.

I collect the covers and variants of Harley so it gets costly. I also have the Hardcover on order for easy reading.

My covers. I got the Adam Hughes one and the one with bud & Lou for cover price and they are pricy now.
BwHvd4LIYAEytS1.jpg

That is a fantastic collection. I tried to keep up with Batwoman's variant covers, but I had to stop because my local was charging too much. Is the Adam Hughes cover, the one in the middle of the second column? Straight-jacket Harley?

Messi

Say it isn't so! I was hoping for a PG reunion of sorts too. :( How does Chad Hardin compare?

Chad does a great job. He is no Amanda but it's great. Amanda only does the covers for Harley and she writes it with Jimmy.

That's one of the pages from the book. As you can see it is wonderful.

Edit : yeah the straight jacket is Adam Hughes. Goes for 100 plus on eBay now. It was 1:25

Thinking of getting it on my forearm.

BwHvd4LIYAEytS1.jpg

Well, the mystery of how Harley stays in the top 10 is debunked

Chad does a great job. He is no Amanda but it's great. Amanda only does the covers for Harley and she writes it with Jimmy.

That's one of the pages from the book. As you can see it is wonderful.

Edit : yeah the straight jacket is Adam Hughes. Goes for 100 plus on eBay now. It was 1:25

Thinking of getting it on my forearm.

He's no Amanda, but that art is absolutely gorgeous. The colour palette honestly does it for me. It's impressive that the art is wholly his, from the pencils to the ink.

The Adam Hughes cover is just wickedly beautiful. It's so simple and understated. Definitely tattoo material.

tim1138

I wonder how crazy it's gonna be for the Skottie Young signing this afternoon. I've never been to an event at this specific shop and have no idea what to expect.

Messi

He's no Amanda, but that art is absolutely gorgeous. The colour palette honestly does it for me. It's impressive that the art is wholly his, from the pencils to the ink.

The Adam Hughes cover is just wickedly beautiful. It's so simple and understated. Definitely tattoo material.

Stephane Leroux also does some of the art. Also beautiful

Sothpaw

New to comics and just reading through Original Sin. At one point Dr. Strange calls Nick Fury a mass murderer for what he has done. Um?
He was protecting the earth and killing threats to the planet.
Is Strange always this dense or am I missing something here?

You're convincing me to read Legion. What books do I have to pick up to get a dose of these fine ladies?

My suggestions? Get Legion: Secret Origin and then dive into the Threeboot Waid Legion stuff. It's the best collected and give you something to work with going forward into Legion stuff.

• Good origin primer
  • Legion: Secret Origin

• Threeboot: Best collected of the Legion runs
  • Legion of Super Heroes: Teenage Revolution
  • Legion of Super Heroes: Death of a Dream
  • Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes: Strange Visitor From Another Century
  • Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes: Adult Education
  • Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes: Dominator War
  • Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes: The Quest for Cosmic Boy
  • Legion of Super Heroes: Enemy Rising
  • Legion of Super Heroes: Enemy Manifest

• OG Legion Stuff
  • Legion of Super-Heroes Archives Vol. 1-13 [5 and 8 are very rare]
  • Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes: The Early Years
  • Legion of Super Heroes: The Great Darkness Saga
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: The Curse
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: An Eye for an Eye
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: The More Things Change
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: The Choice
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: Consequences
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: When Evil Calls
  • Superman and the Legion of Superheroes
  • Justice League of America: The Lightning Saga
  • Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds
  • Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton Vol. 1
  • Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton Vol. 2
  • Mon-El Man of Valor Vol. 1
  • Mon-El Man of Valor Vol. 2

New 52 Legion [Continuation of OG Legion]
  • Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 1: Hostile World
  • Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 2: The Dominators
  • Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 3: The Fatal Five
  • Legion Lost Vol. 1: Run From Tomorrow
  • Legion Lost Vol. 2: The Culling
  • Teen Titans Vol. 2: The Culling

• Titans/Legion Of Super-Heroes: Universe Ablaze #1-4
  • Elseworlds: Superboy’s Legion
  • Legion Lost

Owzers

New to comics and just reading through Original Sin. At one point Dr. Strange calls Nick Fury a mass murderer for what he has done. Um?

It's just a crappy book.

SoilBreak

Banned

It's Original Sin.

My suggestions? Get Legion: Secret Origin and then dive into the Threeboot Waid Legion stuff. It's the best collected and give you something to work with going forward into Legion stuff.

I think this is where you lose Messi. Listing 30 books will make him feel like he needs to buy them all right now, and then he'll feel overwhelmed and just shut down. Ease him into it with promises of seductive waifus.

Messi

• Good origin primer
  • Legion: Secret Origin

• Threeboot: Best collected of the Legion runs
  • Legion of Super Heroes: Teenage Revolution
  • Legion of Super Heroes: Death of a Dream
  • Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes: Strange Visitor From Another Century
  • Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes: Adult Education
  • Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes: Dominator War
  • Supergirl and The Legion of Super-Heroes: The Quest for Cosmic Boy
  • Legion of Super Heroes: Enemy Rising
  • Legion of Super Heroes: Enemy Manifest

• OG Legion Stuff
  • Legion of Super-Heroes Archives Vol. 1-13 [5 and 8 are very rare]
  • Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes: The Early Years
  • Legion of Super Heroes: The Great Darkness Saga
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: The Curse
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: An Eye for an Eye
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: The More Things Change
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: The Choice
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: Consequences
  • Legion of Super-Heroes: When Evil Calls
  • Superman and the Legion of Superheroes
  • Justice League of America: The Lightning Saga
  • Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds
  • Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton Vol. 1
  • Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton Vol. 2
  • Mon-El Man of Valor Vol. 1
  • Mon-El Man of Valor Vol. 2

New 52 Legion {Continuation of OG Legion]
  • Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 1: Hostile World
  • Legion of Super-Heroes, Vol. 2: The Dominators
  • Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 3: The Fatal Five
  • Legion Lost Vol. 1: Run From Tomorrow
  • Legion Lost Vol. 2: The Culling
  • Teen Titans Vol. 2: The Culling

• Titans/Legion Of Super-Heroes: Universe Ablaze #1-4
  • Elseworlds: Superboy’s Legion
  • Legion Lost

post-28942-Olivia-Wilde-WHAT-WTF-gif-sexy-8W3w.gif

Wat

I think this is where you lose Messi. Listing 30 books will make him feel like he needs to buy them all right now, and then he'll feel overwhelmed and just shut down. Ease him into it with promises of seductive waifus.

Can't disagree with this

Owzers

Anyone even going by this Shield comic by Waid?

Nah, price didn't help either at $4.99, but it's a combination of not liking the tv show and not liking what Waid did with Indestructible Hulk's science team members.

Wicked and Divine #1: Lost me with the intro stage concert orgasm thing, brought me back towards the end. I skeptical on the book, need to read the next four issues before i pre-order #6 in this month's dcbs solicit.

I dropped TMNT from my pull in favor of trade-waiting. They put out a new tpb every four issues anyway.

Yeah I tradewait on the series as well. The trades are released so quickly and the paper quality in them is really nice compared to the average Marvel/DC stuff so I don't mind. I need to pick up volume 9.

Just read through Guardians 3000 and I loved it. This is the Cosmic Marvel I know and love! Very optimistic for the future of this series. Hopefully Marvel doesn't cancel it before the second trade comes out.

PsychBat!

Banned
Just read through Guardians 3000 and I loved it. This is the Cosmic Marvel I know and love! Very optimistic for the future of this series. Hopefully Marvel doesn't cancel it before the second trade comes out.
I can't wait until this becomes crazier and crazier, it's gonna be soooooooo goooood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom