• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
- ComicsIsThyList -

DC COMICS:
BATGIRL #35
BATMAN #35
BATMAN ETERNAL #27
EARTH 2 WORLDS END #1 .... maybe..
(want to check it out but don't want to pay for another weekly book)
KLARION #1
SUPERMAN / WONDER WOMAN #12

IMAGE:
BLACK SCIENCE #8
COPPERHEAD #2
PUNKS THE COMIC #1
WYTCHES #1

MARVEL:
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #7
PUNISHER #11
ROCKET RACCOON #4

Should I? I've not really read any of Snyder's indie stuff.

Anyone read Roche Limit? Sounds sci-fi-y. I've been wanting some harder Sci-fi books lately.

I've read Severed and the Wake, both fantastically written. Tonally, I'm anticipating something more akin to Severed from Wytches. That is, something more horrifying and unsettling, but I've avoided most of the promotional runs, so I could be completely off-track. If you're looking for another Image book, it might be worthwhile checking out. If you're not one for horror though, I can't recommend it.

Ecoshifting! Nice to see you back around!

I've had at least a couple of sinus infections. They're no fun, but aside from antibiotics, you just gotta wait it out.
In fact, I'm sort of in the exact same situation as you right now (except I'm not going to go to the doctor because that'd be way too expensive). I've had what I assume is a flu but who knows for a little over a week now and now the sinus-related symptoms are lingering and it's looking like it could have turned into a sinus infection.
Anyways, hang in there!

Thank-you, it's nice to know there's an end to it. I've never had a sinus infection before and I sure hope I never have one again. The headaches have been mind numbingly painful, every time I lean forward I feel as though there's so much pressure on my forehead. The painkillers are helping, but I'd rather not take too many. The doctor didn't prescribe antibiotics as it's a viral infection. I hope the symptoms pass and you feel better soon.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Gotham Academy felt exceptionally nineties. While I appreciated the art, the panel to panel flow was confusing and the writing was all over the place. A bust.

Injustice will remain the only DC I read for the forseeable future because I just enjoy it and its allowed to continue on and on in its own little universe, no editorial shit in the way.

Thor was far too heavy handed for this new arc to feel organic to something Aaron had "planned all along", so, not sure how long I'm gonna stick around there for.

Here comes AXIS, the dumbest of dumb events, ready to dumb everything up for a good year or two/until harsh cold reboot.

Gotham Academy felt exceptionally nineties. While I appreciated the art, the panel to panel flow was confusing and the writing was all over the place. A bust.

Injustice will remain the only DC I read for the forseeable future because I just enjoy it and its allowed to continue on and on in its own little universe, no editorial shit in the way.

Thor was far too heavy handed for this new arc to feel organic to something Aaron had "planned all along", so, not sure how long I'm gonna stick around there for.

Here comes AXIS, the dumbest of dumb events, ready to dumb everything up for a good year/until harsh cold reboot.

Has there been word from DC or Tom Taylor as to how far this is going to go? I read the first year every week, but dropped it to trade wait. I know it was set five years before the events of the game, but I didn't anticipate it'd make it that far.

Messi

That big spread in Gotham Academy some of you were complaining about being confused how to read it. You follow olive and maps and there is even a line to direct your eyes along their path. I didn't have any trouble with it.

That's funny. I wasn't really sold on the first issue premise of Deadly Class but it won me over shortly after that. I am perfectly fine enjoying the drug fueled character building and some light assassins action. I am starting to care about some of these characters. But fuck Marcus.

Oh I just want to rage about the bait and switch. They've spent, what, one issue in the school? And the most they've killed is a
hobo and a piece of shit father.
The one day spent in school had the new kid in the same basic classes like WHAT ARE POISONS? as the upper classmen.

I think I was expecting something like Soul Eater as seen through an American comic book lense. Cool assassinations as opposed to beating
Hobos
to death with two x fours.

Messi

Oh I just want to rage about the bait and switch. They've spent, what, one issue in the school? And the most they've killed is a
hobo and a piece of shit father.
The one day spent in school had the new kid in the same basic classes like WHAT ARE POISONS? as the upper classmen.

I think I was expecting something like Soul Eater as seen through an American comic book lense. Cool assassinations as opposed to beating
Hobos
to death with two x fours.

What's to say it doesn't go back to the school. I'd assume they have to sometimes. The road trip is all but over now no? I'm not sure why they would introduce the school like that in the first issue and not show us a more in depth look. It was a complete tonal shift.

What's to say it doesn't go back to the school. I'd assume they have to sometimes. The road trip is all but over now no? I'm not sure why they would introduce the school like that in the first issue and not show us a more in depth look. It was a complete tonal shift.

Honestly? I think Remender is just sort of throwing shit at the wall with this series and otherwise winging it.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Has there been word from DC or Tom Taylor as to how far this is going to go? I read the first year every week, but dropped it to trade wait. I know it was set five years before the events of the game, but I didn't anticipate it'd make it that far.

Can only infer from this:
IGN Comics: We know that there were five years between the destruction of Metropolis and the present-day events of the game. Do you have Years Four and Five mapped out right now?

Taylor: Um… sure.

Um... lulz.

That big spread in Gotham Academy some of you were complaining about being confused how to read it. You follow olive and maps and there is even a line to direct your eyes along their path. I didn't have any trouble with it.

A Rocket Raccoon issue did something similar, but far better. It wasn't just that page that was hard to follow though, there was some really bad panel flow going on throughout. At times it felt like I'd missed a page or something.

Can only infer from this:

Um... lulz.

A Rocket Raccoon issue did something similar, but far better. It wasn't just that page that was hard to follow though, there was some really bad panel flow going on throughout. At times it felt like I'd missed a page or something.

That confidence. I hope that doesn't mean he's just making it up as he goes.

That's funny. I wasn't really sold on the first issue premise of Deadly Class but it won me over shortly after that. I am perfectly fine enjoying the drug fueled character building and some light assassins action. I am starting to care about some of these characters. But fuck Marcus.
I mean Wes Craig has the most brilliant use of white space I've ever seen, the coloring is superb but Rick just doesn't have it here. It feels like therapy for him, don't need another, get enough from Jeph...... Oh well, on to Sixis.

When is Tony Moore going to get off his ass?

Hellers

Did DC ever bother to explain why they ruined Lobo?

Also I like Gotham Academy. I won't be buying Klarion and I still love Rat Queens (Especially the latest issue)

Also I like Gotham Academy. I won't be buying Klarion and I still love Rat Queens (Especially the latest issue)

Margaurite Bennet did an interview on the most recent talking comics podcast and talks about it. Basically, New Lobo is to the 2010s action hero what Old Lobo was to the 80s/90s. Think the sleek, suave, Daniel Craig Bond vs. The cigar chomping Schwarzenegger.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Margaurite Bennet did an interview on the most recent talking comics podcast and talks about it. Basically, New Lobo is to the 2010s action hero what Old Lobo was to the 80s/90s. Think the sleek, suave, Daniel Craig Bond vs. The cigar chomping Schwarzenegger.

Daniel Craig looks like he could smash your face in despite his suaveness though. nuLobo looks like a preening twat.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Wasn't new-Lobo aka Twat-Lobo's catchphrase "sorry, not sorry." when he first appeared?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So badass.

nF8uDUf.jpg

Hellers

It's like changing Amanda from The Wall to a slinky supermodel. NOT NEEDED. Give us the the real Amanda and the real Lobo back. Then make them have dirty sex on the back of Lobo's bike

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
lttp Death of The Family - Batman. Overall, It was an okay story; but I guess I expected more from a Joker story.

Like...?

Joker is actually fairly interesting in that there aren't that many (in the past 20 years at least) pure Joker stories. He had good roles in Knightfall, No Man's Land, Gotham Central etc but in terms of the mainline Batman books, I can't think of another story besides Death of the Family for quite some time.

So my question is - if this is Synder throwing everything in the pot, what else could have made it a perfect Joker story?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
#fireFaux-bo.

Is anybody going to take one for the team and pick up Twat-Lobo #1?

Like...?

Joker is actually fairly interesting in that there aren't that many (in the past 20 years at least) pure Joker stories. He had good roles in Knightfall, No Man's Land, Gotham Central etc but in terms of the mainline Batman books, I can't think of another story besides Death of the Family for quite some time.

So my question is - if this is Synder throwing everything in the pot, what else could have made it a perfect Joker story?

The Clown at Midnight?

I want my Superboy who could casually fly through the time stream for shits and giggles and only the Time Trappers Iron Curtain of Time could stop him. That's the real Superman.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
#fireFaux-bo.

Is anybody going to take one for the team and pick up Twat-Lobo #1?

The Clown at Midnight?

I meant to put Moz's run in there too - and while he's a central character, I don't really think of it as a Joker story per se (just up to the Gravedigger stuff in my B&R Absolute, I forgot how awesome it is). Clown at Midnight is daaaaaamn good though :D

Filthy Slug

I meant to put Moz's run in there too - and while he's a central character, I don't really think of it as a Joker story per se (just up to the Gravedigger stuff in my B&R Absolute, I forgot how awesome it is). Clown at Midnight is daaaaaamn good though :D

Ah shit, somebody else likes Clown at Midnight! Man! That book gets demolished around here, but I really enjoyed it.

Mindwipe

I think they think of trolling their own readership as being edgy.

Now we've answered that, why are issues 2, 3, 4 and 6 of Sex available in the Comixology sale but not issue 5?

Is issue 1 of Fade Out with a punt?

I'm kinda tempted by the stack of X-Force too, but is it on Marvel Unlimited?

Messi

I think they think of trolling their own readership as being edgy.

Now we've answered that, why are issues 2, 3, 4 and 6 of Sex available in the Comixology sale but not issue 5?

Is issue 1 of Fade Out with a punt?

I'm kinda tempted by the stack of X-Force too, but is it on Marvel Unlimited?

Absolutely 100%

ElNarez

Banned
Wasn't new-Lobo aka Twat-Lobo's catchphrase "sorry, not sorry." when he first appeared?

And it STILL IS. #BasedBunn

(I'm seriously disappointed in Lobo #1 because of how Bunn tries too goddamn hard to pull the New And Improved Lobo back to the characterization of the former Lobo, except with all the comedic aspects removed. It's a bad compromise, and as someone who's all for Serious And Gosh-Darn Handsome Lobo taking over, it's been kind of a bummer to read.)

Filthy Slug

My taste has been too similar to Messi's as of late...this is bad.

But I'm all in for Sqrl Gurl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom