• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Why do I even bother with ot comic threads. See how fast the squirrel girl thread got shat on and turned into a discussion about whether or not she is chubby (read: fat)

Why do I even bother with ot comic threads. See how fast the squirrel girl thread got shat on and turned into a discussion about whether or not she is chubby (read: fat)

It's Squirrel Girl. There isn't really alot to talk about. She's a joke of a joke character.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Finally placed my IST order. I ended up with The Auteur, Manhattan Projects HC (you better not let me down, Tim!), Ellis' Moon Knight TPB, and Hellboy: The First Twenty Years (because I just needed to have a book full of Mignola's art).
Ended up at just a few cents over $50, so it worked out nicely.
There were a few books (such as Batwoman: Elegy) that I plan to buy but passed up on just because I know there are quite a few things I want coming out in the next month or two and I'm saving some things to make my future orders add up to $50.

MG310

Pre-NYCC sketch haul :D (he's still going to color it I think)

10706987_787047644692948_840269528_n.jpg

Messi

Pre-NYCC sketch haul :D (he's still going to color it I think)

Out of curiosity, what did you ask for when you were asking for this? This exact pose or just harley doing something. I'm not sure how commissions work tbh

Oh and it's cool

MG310

I just asked for the roller derby costume and provided a few pics. I don't like to get too specific about poses but it never hurts to ask.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The important thing from the Squirrel Girl announcement is, that we now know a date when Steve Rogers and male Thor are back...

Messi

Messi

The people who eventually take over from Snyder and Capullo really have their work cut out for them. Holy shit.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Good news! I'm finally back to reading comics.
I decided to start Frank Miller's Ronin since I've had it on my shelf for a while and for some reason it seemed like the right comics to read right now.
This is definitely some top-tier Frank Miller! I know quite a few people here didn't totally love it, but I'm one issue in (but the issues are 50 pages each) and I'm totally loving it. The art and story are both fantastic.

Mostly I'm just really glad I've found a comic I want to be reading after having comics on the backburner the past week or so.

Good news! I'm finally back to reading comics.
I decided to start Frank Miller's Ronin since I've had it on my shelf for a while and for some reason it seemed like the right comics to read right now.
This is definitely some top-tier Frank Miller! I know quite a few people here didn't totally love it, but I'm one issue in (but the issues are 50 pages each) and I'm totally loving it. The art and story are both fantastic.

Mostly I'm just really glad I've found a comic I want to be reading after having comics on the backburner the past week or so.

Yes! It gets even better . Really great art from miller. He goes ham toward the end .

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Pretty cool preview that doesn't ruin anything.

arkon

Definitely going to try out that Squirrel Girl series. Ryan North has been great on the main Adventure Time book for the last couple of years. Really captured the humour and feel of the show. If we can get something similar for Squirrel Girl that would be amazing.

Hellers

I've recently finished an almost complete reread of my 2000AD collection and to be honest I feel like doing it all over again. Overall despite the occasional times when the quality drops it really is my number 1 comic. Hard to believe it's been going this long and is still churning out ace stories every single week.

It's really interesting doing a reread like this since you see it evolving from the rather straightforward (And mostly dystopian) stories for young boys to the powerhouse that it becomes.

These days I don't have a handy WH Smiths nearby to grab a physical copy on my way into work so I switched to a yearly digital sub on my iPad for 2000AD and the Meg. I wish they'd find someway to bulk release all the issues in digital forms. Maybe by decade? Just a dream though sadly. Especially while they're making so much money with the complete collections of individual characters. :)

I think my first issue as a kid was somewhere in the low 70s. Then in my teen years I stopped reading comics altogether. I started buying it again (And many many other comics) when I hit University. Since then I don't think I've missed a single issue. So that's pretty much two decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom