• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undertow had a combination of crap pacing and awful, terrible, no-good, very bad narration. Like, its not even narration over story panels, its over the damn establishing shots. Then he's got this modern English slang shit even though it suppose to be about ancient Atlantean explorers or some shit.

Grade: F---

A rare look inside the Marvel editors offices.

"Squirrel Girl?"

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

"Why not!"

It's time to launch a new book at DC:

FY2O9WXHQV6HUMB.LARGE.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hate that the last two Volumes of Brubakers Captain America arent aviable as OHCs. Kinda stupid how the The Trial... only contains the two first Volumes and not the last two, too.

Next up is the Annihilation Omnibus, have only the Main Series, the Ronan and the Heralds of Galactus Minis left.
Until now it was very good but not as great as it was hyped. Nova was my favourite Part so far, would love to read the Main Series but its sold out everywhere or is insanely expensive.

I hate that the last two Volumes of Brubakers Captain America arent aviable as OHCs. Kinda stupid how the The Trial... only contains the two first Volumes and not the last two, too.

Next up is the Annihilation Omnibus, have only the Main Series, the Ronan and the Heralds of Galactus Minis left.
Until now it was very good but not as great as it was hyped. Nova was my favourite Part so far, would love to read the Main Series but its sold out everywhere or is insanely expensive.

I hope we get a Nova omnibus or Ultimate Collection at some point...but Marvel seems determined to bury Richard Rider as much as possible. It's super frustrating that the Abnett & Lanning GOTG Complete Collection is out and there's no easy way to read Annihilation: Conquest and Nova outside of Marvel Unlimited.

Owzers

Finished FBP vol 1 last night, the last issue was much better than the previous couple and introduced a new character. Not sure if it was enough to get me to buy vol 2, but it left me with a better opinion of the series.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hope we get a Nova omnibus or Ultimate Collection at some point...but Marvel seems determined to bury Richard Rider as much as possible. It's super frustrating that the Abnett & Lanning GOTG Complete Collection is out and there's no easy way to read Annihilation: Conquest and Nova outside of Marvel Unlimited.
With Ultron coming up soon and Guardians beeing big in Movies now, I kinda expect them to announce a Annihilation: Conquest Omnibus next summer.

I am also very curious what the hell Ultron is doing in Space, I really hope it releases.

The Nova OHC doesnt collect the whole Run, am i right?

Messi

Finished FBP vol 1 last night, the last issue was much better than the previous couple and introduced a new character. Not sure if it was enough to get me to buy vol 2, but it left me with a better opinion of the series.

I liked it progressively more which each issue of the first volume. I was also intrigued by the new character in that issue. I should really get vol 2. It's out right?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Never even heard of Squirrel Girl. I'm am so Not in.

I think its going to be a humor book based on the meme of her have beat up some really powerful villains. I hope it is laid out like one punch man when she just destroys guys and nobody believes her or even knows how she is taking down certain villains.

Wonder if squirrel girl was offered to dan Slott. I know he loves the character.

Also too bad we won't get a wolverine cameo

You know when people suggested Aiden Gillen for Doctor Strange I couldn't quite see it, but then I totally didn't realize that Strange looks almost exactly like Littlefinger in parts of this book.

^^^^^^^ What is that wonder woman...thing....comic? Comic. Panels read like an NBC teachable moment.

I actually bought the comic based on the preview on Comixology, and it is one of the worst comics I've read paired with some of the raddest art. It reads like a Grade 2 report on feminism.

At one point, a dude in the crowd calls Wonder Woman a slut for wearing a mini skirt and then another dude argues she can wear what she wants because she's hot. It's such an awful scene. Why couldn't the comic be Wonder Woman playing in a band and fighting giant monsters?!? Ugh.

Soodanim

I highly recommend Remender's Uncanny X-Force to anyone who has yet to read it.
This is what I came in the thread for. Anything else worth picking up there?

Edit: even at 69p an issue, I'm not buying 37 of them. I'd be better off going Marvel Unlimited at that point, wouldn't I?

Yeah there are a few shitty books in there...Undertow? That is an awful book and I had no idea people were still reading it.

E: Low bought, thanks Reaxion!

Undertow was so disappointing. And I am absolutely obsessed with Atlantis and the like.

Undertow had a combination of crap pacing and awful, terrible, no-good, very bad narration. Like, its not even narration over story panels, its over the damn establishing shots. Then he's got this modern English slang shit even though it suppose to be about ancient Atlantean explorers or some shit.

Grade: F---

yeah I definitely bought that first issue last night. I guess i'll see for myself!

Sensational Comics #7 is...strictly for small children who don't care and nobody else.

Did anybody keep reading Azz/Chiang WW? I stopped pretty early on, there was a REALLY bad pun and I actually threw the comic across the room. Probably shouldn't even picked it up after I had to give up 100 Bullets. Edurado Risso is fuckin' God, but I couldn't take one more scene of Azz's of his smugly cryptic circular tough guy talk and puns...not one fucking more...

“So did you finish the job on…the “boat?” ”

“Wanted to. But it set sail a while ago. Not likely anyone’s ever gonna lay eyes on it again anytime soon.”

“Hm. High tide’s comin’. That boat’s about to come back in.”

“Seriously?”

“Like I’m gonna grow a sense of humor at this age?”

“Told you we shoulda just sunk it when we had a chance.”

“Not an easy boat to sink. Not then, not now. And we had better tools back then.”

“Tools like what we had, they never get rusty. No matter how long you don’t use ‘em.”

“Yeah…but that only helps when you remember where you left ‘em.”

sF9wNy6.gif

Probably shouldn't even picked it up after I had to give up 100 Bullets. Edurado Risso is fuckin' God, but I couldn't take one more scene of Azz's of his smugly cryptic circular tough guy talk and puns...not one fucking more...

I got about 3/4 of the way through 100 Bullets, then I just skimmed the rest. I had no fucks left to give by that point. The book was solid, but it just dragged on too long.

They've clearly never read Sub-Atomic Party Girls

Let us know what you think of it....I'd love to hear from somebody who sees something of value in that book
I was interested because some of the Prophet dudes I follow were giving it praise. I'll try it out before the sale ends

how does someone not like Erica Henderson's art

I don't know, maybe it's just different from what I'm used to. I've only seen Squirrel Girl drawn one way before, and now she's drawn with her facial features resembling an actual squirrel... A bit too closely for my liking. Believe me, I see the irony. The art isn't bad, I just hate change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom