• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe y'all haven't seen Batman the Animated Series or the Justice League cartoons.

It's honestly hugely surprising. I thought Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League were held up as the best comic book animated adaptions and thus were insanely popular and widely broadcast. I forget though, that it's not so much the case outside of the U.S. Here in Australia, Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League and everything else in the Bruce Timm-verse did not see commercial release here, outside of a few dvd sets. So unless you grew up watching it, there are few options to educate yourself.

Cheska

I can't believe y'all haven't seen Batman the Animated Series or the Justice League cartoons.

I've watched both and just finished a re-watch of Batman Beyond. #sogood

Growing up, I was an especially big fan of the X-Men animated cartoon. I want to say it's what initiated my love of Jean and Storm.

tim1138

Growing up, I was an especially big fan of the X-Men animated cartoon. I want to say it's what initiated my love of Jean and Storm.

I did a rewatch of X-Men last year and didn't think it held up as well as B:TAS and JL/U, but man when I was a kid that show ruled.

I doubt it was in the same league as the Bruce Timm-verse, but who remembers the Zeta Project? It was in-continuity with Batman Beyond, but I have not seen it since it first aired on television when I was growing up. Was Zeta even part of the DC Comics universe?

I did a rewatch of X-Men last year and didn't think it held up as well as B:TAS and JL/U, but man when I was a kid that show ruled.

X-Men definitely has not held up as well. Certain characters were just awfully written who I didn't notice before, Storm included. To see her reduced to laser fodder was disheartening.

tim1138

It's honestly hugely surprising. I thought Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League were held up as the best comic book animated adaptions and thus were insanely popular and widely broadcast. I forget though, that it's not so much the case outside of the U.S. Here in Australia, Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League and everything else in the Bruce Timm-verse did not see commercial release here, outside of a few dvd sets. So unless you grew up watching it, there are few options to educate yourself.

I thought everyone watched Batman, but it might be the age gap showing. I'm a bit older than most of the rest of you.

Messi

I hope Harley goes to space next arc.

I hope Catwoman goes to space next arc

Chuck-Taylor-Laughs-Then-Shakes-His-Head.gif

Boogiepop

I doubt it was in the same league as the Bruce Timm-verse, but who remembers the Zeta Project? It was in-continuity with Batman Beyond, but I have not seen it since it first aired on television when I was growing up. Was Zeta even part of the DC Comics universe?

X-Men definitely has not held up as well. Certain characters were just awfully written who I didn't notice before, Storm included. To see her reduced to laser fodder was disheartening.
I never saw much Zeta Project, actually. And it also sadly sits alongside Static Shock (which I REALLY want to own, loved it so much as a kid) as the DC shows that didn't ever properly get collected. I mean, they won't even throw them up on Netflix, so last I checked there's pretty much no legal way to watch them, at least in the US. :(

I never saw much Zeta Project, actually. And it also sadly sits alongside Static Shock (which I REALLY want to own, loved it so much as a kid) as the DC shows that didn't ever properly get collected. I mean, they won't even throw them up on Netflix, so last I checked there's pretty much no legal way to watch them, at least in the US. :(

I don't think there's legal viewing options anywhere unfortunately. I never saw Static Shock, but it must have had a strong audience to run for as many season as it did, plus crossover so many times with Justice League and Batman Beyond. DC no longer owns Static Shock, right?

God the hype on Twitter for people that have read Batman #35 is killing me. I might stay up til 3 am and double dip digital and print.

Messi

God the hype on Twitter for people that have read Batman #35 is killing me. I might stay up til 3 am and double dip digital and print.

Korupt if you stay in too long you might get spoiled. Be careful. Never go full hype.

That said. I am super hyped for it and would hate to get spoiled. One of the few books I am careful about.

Korupt if you stay in too long you might get spoiled. Be careful. Never go full hype.

That said. I am super hyped for it and would hate to get spoiled. One of the few books I am careful about.

I don't think anyone would spoil it, most the people that have read it are comic book store employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom