• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blacksad-Amarillo-HC.jpg
They are full of shit if they think that is Amarillo.....

That Firestorm gal looks schway.

Aw man. My IST order was $0.46 short of the $50 line for free shipping. I was going to toss the Deadly Class tpb on there, but I'm waiting for the deluxe hardcover of that one. Plus I'd rather get something I haven't read yet. So I added Southern Bastards. Did Freeza done good?

Aw man. My IST order was $0.46 short of the $50 line for free shipping. I was going to toss the Deadly Class tpb on there, but I'm waiting for the deluxe hardcover of that one. Plus I'd rather get something I haven't read yet. So I added Southern Bastards. Did Freeza done good?

Yes. Good Freeza

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm a big fan of Fraction, but the aesthetic of Ody-C just doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm sure I'll end up checking it out eventually anyways though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I wasn't 100% sold on it until I saw this cover:
Yeah, that cover is gorgeous. This book is going to be super fuckong polarizing on the art front, but I think everything shown has been excellent and exactly what I'd want from The Odyssey if it took place in space and genders were swapped.

Kipp

Hmm... So I scored a copy of the second OHC of the Ennis and Dillon run on Punisher (collecting the Marvel Knights stuff that came out after Welcome Back, Frank) on eBay for $19 shipped.
The tracking info says it was out for delivery yesterday, and then "The delivery status for this item has not been updated as of October 6, 2014, 10:55 pm."

I'll be sad if this disappears. I was/am really excited for it.

Edit: Just checked the mail and it came today! It's in perfect condition. I'm very pleased.
Now I just need to get lucky and find volume 3 at a decent price.

Yeah, that cover is gorgeous. This book is going to be super fuckong polarizing on the art front, but I think everything shown has been excellent and exactly what I'd want from The Odyssey if it took place in space and genders were swapped.

I'm torn. I'm interested because, like you, I'm a big fan of the Illiad / Oddysey from reading them in my youth but that art is...

Gonna be a tough call.

tim1138

Absolutely. Not only do I greatly enjoy The Iliad and The Odyssey, but the idea of gender-swapping characters opens up an incredible new lens to view the events of the stories through.
Also, more Fraction.

Even if Fraction doesn't deliver on the story it will be beautiful to look at.

MG310

Okay, decided on what to bring to NYCC.

Things to get signed..
Batman 1 for Snyder/Capullo
Wic + Div 1 for Gillen/McKelvie
Seconds for Brian Lee O'Malley
Daredevil: End of Days hardcover for Maleev, Sienkewicz, Janson, and Bendis if I can manage it.
Harley Quinn 0 for Conner,Palmiotti,Hughes,Roux,Simonson,Mounts,Johnson

Plus some of the blank covers mentioned earlier...trying not to bring too much because eventually I'll have to get it back home.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Anyone order from that big Top Shelf sale? I was wondering if anyone had received shipping notifications and/or deliveries yet.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hmm... So I scored a copy of the second OHC of the Ennis and Dillon run on Punisher (collecting the Marvel Knights stuff that came out after Welcome Back, Frank) on eBay for $19 shipped.
The tracking info says it was out for delivery yesterday, and then "The delivery status for this item has not been updated as of October 6, 2014, 10:55 pm."

I'll be sad if this disappears. I was/am really excited for it.

Edit: Just checked the mail and it came today! It's in perfect condition. I'm very pleased.
Now I just need to get lucky and find volume 3 at a decent price.
I hope they will release a Ultimate or Complete Collection someday of this stuff. I dont like Frank Castle, but welcome back Frank was awesome.

Cade

Teefury should be giving me some kickbacks, yo. And yes, the Haunted Mansion paintings are what I thought of too. Cool shit.

So, guys. Does anyone love Batman and the Outsiders v2 and the Outsiders series that spun out of it as much as I do or am I alone

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Anyone still read Valiant stuff? Books at relaunch were great then quality seemed to have fallen across the board so I dropped em.

Now it looks like all crossover crap.

Anything worthwhile here?

Anyone still read Valiant stuff? Books at relaunch were great then quality seemed to have fallen across the board so I dropped em.

Now it looks like all crossover crap.

Anything worthwhile here?

All of it.

"Crossover crap"???

Why WOULDN'T you want an immaculately controlled universe to have crossovers? Every book in the line is basically a "crossover" book since they all influence each other. (Except Shadowman. But no one cares about Shadowman.)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I want to start Straczynski's Thor, but do I need to read the Disassembled story first? What I know is that at the start of his run Asgard is gone and Thor is the sole survivor, but that's about it. And apparently his arc has no real ending, that kinda sucks.

MG310

Looks fine to me...seems like there might be some white fur trim on the coat too - though not sure if it's a hood.

Who da king of hype? Birdie or me?

You're hype for all things DC(or is that GrandHarrier!?), Birdie is hype for all things not DC(Marvel, Image, Dark Horse, Boom, Fantagraphics, Top Shelf, Drawn & Quarterly, Kickstarter, DeviantArt, Rafa/Kipp Productions, etc)

Ya'll niggas need to form up like Voltron and announce the next big thing that comes out every week(hint:
EVERYTHING
)

Kipp

I hope they will release a Ultimate or Complete Collection someday of this stuff. I dont like Frank Castle, but welcome back Frank was awesome.

I really hope so too. This run deserves to be in print.
I always forget how much fun Ennis/Dillon Punisher is until I actually start (re)reading it.
I just read the first two issues of the hardcover (even though I only like to read one thing at a time and I'm already in the middle of Ronin, God Hates Astronauts, and Jonah Hex; I just couldn't resist though) and maybe I'm just forgetting how much I enjoyed Welcome Back, Frank, but I feel like those first two issues are just as good or better than anything even in Welcome Back, Frank. It's just pure fun.
I almost feel guilty for finding the pretty juvenile humor so hilarious, but whatever it is about the humor, it gets me good. I laughed out loud harder than I've laughed at reading/watching something in a long time.
Also, I didn't realize how much I really enjoyed Dillon's art until I got this oversized hardcover. I knew I liked it, but in oversized format, it's just really, really nice.

I found someone selling the third (and last) oversized hardcover volume for $30. That's more than cover price, which I'm pretty against paying, but after remembering how much I enjoy this run, I might go for it...

You're hype for all things DC(or is that GrandHarrier!?), Birdie is hype for all things not DC(Marvel, Image, Dark Horse, Boom, Fantagraphics, Top Shelf, Drawn & Quarterly, Kickstarter, DeviantArt, Rafa/Kipp Productions, etc)

Ya'll niggas need to form up like Voltron and announce the next big thing that comes out every week(hint:
EVERYTHING
)

And I'm hype for collected editions.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
After nearly 2 years of cold turkey hiatus, I'm back. I can't quit you, comics. Now to find out what Bendis has done to my X-Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom