• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bzi1rV6IcAADL3t.jpg

Just re-read SW 1 and 2 not a week ago. Color me excite!

What'd everyone think of Wytches #1? I only got about halfway through before the tree incident made me seek the safety of my house... I'll probably finish it tonight (inside this time).

Haha. I liked it. Like I said early I don't care for horror movies at all really. But I really do like horror type comics. Love the dark dingy tones and usually some awesome creepy ass art. I enjoyed it.

I think I need to read Avengers / New Avengers. These events are lost on me without it.

I've read the first two books of Avengers and the first one of New Avengers. I definitely like New Avengers, but I'm less sure about Avengers. As I said a few pages back, I'm gonna read Infinity's TPB, then decide whether to continue with them or not.

fauxtrot

Banned
Are we supposed to be happy about another Secret Wars? I've never read it, but everything I have heard about it was that it was basically a half-baked event created to sell toys... I mean, I'm sure Hickman will do a great job, but this quote by Dan Buckley doesn't really sit well with me:

"When Jonathan brought this to us, we had an opportunity to just not celebrate this in publishing, so we're going to be extending this in a year-long program into 2016 with our merchandising partners, digital partners and other partners."

Zombine

Banned
I'd just assume he takes orders before the con.

Any sight of Amanda Conner or Nocenti?

Amanda and Jimmy were packed, and they were selling the same stuff as their website 5 dollars cheaper. I actually had a good time chatting up the lesser known people who have booths.

Wait until you see my Cliff Chiang print that he signed...

105463659-fd0b4ae5aab9674cb0fb8046d4c01fb1.4bfb3d30-full.gif

Edit: you know what was heart breaking? Juanjo Guarnido was a complete dick. I tried so hard to talk to him at his booth and he was just kind of...mean-ish. GH and Korrupt know what I sound and act like. I'm not some weird introvert. I tried to tell him how much I enjoyed Blacksad and he just basically said "okay?" I told him I wish he could have signed my copy of the new book, and that I just bought it but I left it at the hotel and he more or less said "that's tough luck."

Edit 2: Cliff Chiang and Quinones though...<3

Are we supposed to be happy about another Secret Wars? I've never read it, but everything I have heard about it was that it was basically a half-baked event created to sell toys... I mean, I'm sure Hickman will do a great job, but this quote by Dan Buckley doesn't really sit well with me:

"When Jonathan brought this to us, we had an opportunity to just not celebrate this in publishing, so we're going to be extending this in a year-long program into 2016 with our merchandising partners, digital partners and other partners."

You don't know, man! I was there! It was alllll my friends and I talked about that year, and yes it was about the toys, but it worked on a 12 year old kid in 1984 like nobody's business.

Hagi

So I take it they are just going to do at least an issue a month until May 2016 with the usual number of shitty tie ins.

Would it be silly to hope for a weekly instead ala Batman Eternal? I can only dream.

Edit : Miles is in this? Damn interest free falling.

Edit edit : shit is that Rich in the top left? Interest regained if so lol

Hahahahaha. I need to hear Axel's take.,

Horseress

Trying to get more opinions before signing it, what are you guys opinions on Marvel Unlimited? I had the old app where you needed to buy each issue individually, and they were like $3,99, so it became hella expensive. The Android app had the "smart read" feature, which was really damn good, is that there?

ElNarez

Banned

It is EXACTLY that, but it did it by smashing a huge fucking bunch of toys against another huge fucking bunch of toys. And now, we have EVEN MORE BIGGER BUNCHES OF TOYS, and the guy who's made a career out of writing huge fucking things is handling it. It's exactly the right thing to do, especially if you're gonna raise the stakes from Infinity.

Plus Ribic is on pencils, and man, those first few issues of the Ultimaes relaunch he did with Hickman were GOSH DARN magical.

Owzers

Trying to get more opinions before signing it, what are you guys opinions on Marvel Unlimited? I had the old app where you needed to buy each issue individually, and they were like $3,99, so it became hella expensive. The Android app had the "smart read" feature, which was really damn good, is that there?

sure you didn't have the Marvel App and not Unlimited? Marvel Unlimited is like netflixy for comics, new books are on about 6 months delay and updating can not be as consistent as i'd like, but i'm about to sign up again, it's a great deal. Current promotion is their Marvel Unlimited Plus for 69.99 for a year, the normal price of the reg annual MU sub. Comes with a rocket racoon figure, two racoon variants, and other random stuff like a 15% digital discount.

Hagi

ALL THE CAPS! ALL THE THORS!

If you're gonna make changes and promote the shit out of them, is it that hard to not show that everything will revert back at least until the new books launch? When does All-New Cap #1 even release?

All the new status quo is present and accounted for on the spread while it appears (I'm on mobile so I could be way off) from the picture everyone is from different timelines or alternate universes. So might be a tad early to call foul.

MG310

Back from my first day....didn't get up to Conner/Palmiotti or Hughes yet.

I got in line for what I thought was a Snyder/Capullo signing today, ended up being just Jim Lee as Snyder was busy...didn't have anything to get signed by Jim Lee on me :/

Made it to 4 panels - Comicvine (which had 20 people at it but was still fun),

DC Art History - which should have a different name since it was just Amanda Conner, Babs Tarr and David Finch each working on a sketch and then they gave it away at the end.

World of Capcom - was going in right as the Art History one ended - just trailers for ReREMake, Revelations 2, Monster Hunter, and Ace Attorney Trilogy.

Adam West/Batman 66 Bluray - the wristbands didn't sell out, this was a lot of fun.

Picked up my two sketches from Daniel HDR and got a Silver Surfer print from him and an awesome Wonder Woman print from Yanick Paquette. I think he originally did the drawing for a tattoo.

Also have Todd Nauck doing another Harley cover for me.
I think I may actually be Messi's American equivalent..especially since I'm definitely also picking up a few prints from Conner and one of the Hughes variant cover

Horseress

sure you didn't have the Marvel App and not Unlimited? Marvel Unlimited is like netflixy for comics, new books are on about 6 months delay and updating can not be as consistent as i'd like, but i'm about to sign up again, it's a great deal. Current promotion is their Marvel Unlimited Plus for 69.99 for a year, the normal price of the reg annual MU sub. Comes with a rocket racoon figure, two racoon variants, and other random stuff like a 15% digital discount.

Right, I had the Marvel App.

Sadly I don't have $69,99 right now, but I want to sign monthly at first, see if I'll actually start reading regularly, and if I do, then I'll sign their annual plan. Thanks for the input

When I see actual quotes from the big men, it reminds me how good you are at imitating them. That quote seems nearly identical to something you'd write in parody.
Thanks brah. That's precisely the confidence boost I needed to get to working on my thang.

I do notice a strange lack of X-folk and Fantastic Four on that poster (usless my eyesight sucks).
And Inhuman.

So now we know the reason for the Sixis banners. Secret Wars is going to draw all our attention to it, like a month to a flame, readers can't help but be drawn to Marvel Entertainment.

Owzers

Right, I had the Marvel App.

Sadly I don't have $69,99 right now, but I want to sign monthly at first, see if I'll actually start reading regularly, and if I do, then I'll sign their annual plan. Thanks for the input

they usually have deals on MU at every major comic con and either christmas/new years , so you could read a month and wait to sign up annually if you don't wanna take the full price plunge and see what deals come up.

Owzers

It was a long time ago and I was 8 and it had She-Hulk and Hulk and some X-men in it, sorry :(

I'll read this one day beause Hickman maybe but I have no hype for it

Yup, no hype in the slightest. I was reallllllllllly excited for Hickman taking over the Avengers universe but i haven't been impressed with the output considering how many issues he's had.

Early 2015 will be the FF/X-Men event. In which they ended up cancelled and thrown in a portal by
Star
Fox

Fox turns and looks back at the reader, eyes glowing red, "Inhuman...coming in Fall 2016...Joe Mad will draw 3 issues by that point"

Owzers

Why we still got Sixis? Why we still got Spiderverse? Why we still got other unannounced event before New Secret Wars?

Are you saying we shouldn't have constant events? Marvel should tell us the ending of Axis now so we can just get it over with, why wait for the solicits of the next event before this one finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom