• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

Early 2015 will be the FF/X-Men event. In which they ended up cancelled and thrown in a portal by
Star
Fox

Fox turns and looks back at the reader, eyes glowing red, "Inhuman...coming in Fall 2016...Joe Mad will draw 3 issues by that point"

No way Joe Mad can stick to such a tight schedule!

PsychBat!

Banned
Secret-Wars.jpg
Bigger image.

Nudull

Banned
So, after mulling it over for a while, I'm actually excited for Secret Wars. I did love Infinity, so this has to at least be decent. :)

Messi

Tell me guys, has Pretty Deadly been canned or is it on a break? They finished the first trade in May or June and no issues have come out since. Maybe it says more about the book than me that I only just realised no issues have been coming out.

fauxtrot

Banned
Tell me guys, has Pretty Deadly been canned or is it on a break? They finished the first trade in May or June and no issues have come out since. Maybe it says more about the book than me that I only just realised no issues have been coming out.

I can't find a thing about issue 6, so it's either on the back burner or was quietly cancelled...

frye

5 issues was the initial run. A second is in the works.

Drayco21

Yo hold up is that Ghost Rider with a cybernetic chainsaw arm

Ghost Rider 2099!

Unrelated; has anyone called making an OT for Spider-Verse? I was going to make one after noticing Axis has one and Battle of the Atom did, but didn't want to step on any toes if someone already called it.

Messi

Ghost Rider 2099!

Unrelated; has anyone called making an OT for Spider-Verse? I was going to make one after noticing Axis has one and Battle of the Atom did, but didn't want to step on any toes if someone already called it.

We don't go outside of these walls. There be trolls and cynics outside. They trample on our lovely comics threads.

PsychBat!

Banned
We don't go outside of these walls. There be trolls and cynics outside. They trample on our lovely comics threads.
Announcement thread for Secret Wars wasn't pretty. Gaffers expecting some kind of movie news completely dismissed or abandoned the thread after the announcement was made.

fauxtrot

Banned
Ghost Rider 2099!

No offense, but I steer clear of any comics threads aside from this one to keep myself from hating the rest of GAF.

Drayco21

Announcement thread for Secret Wars wasn't pretty. Gaffers expecting some kind of movie news completely dismissed or abandoned the thread after the announcement was made.

No offense, but I steer clear of any comics threads aside from this one to keep myself from hating the rest of GAF.

I've had some really fun conversations with non-comic reading friends about Spider-Verse so far based on their nostalgia and love for the character alone, but it does seem like non-this thread comic threads can be a real bloodbath. I think I'll still give it a shot, but I certainly won't hold it against anyone if they avoid it like the plague :lol

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Amanda and Jimmy were packed, and they were selling the same stuff as their website 5 dollars cheaper. I actually had a good time chatting up the lesser known people who have booths.

Wait until you see my Cliff Chiang print that he signed...

105463659-fd0b4ae5aab9674cb0fb8046d4c01fb1.4bfb3d30-full.gif

Edit: you know what was heart breaking? Juanjo Guarnido was a complete dick. I tried so hard to talk to him at his booth and he was just kind of...mean-ish. GH and Korrupt know what I sound and act like. I'm not some weird introvert. I tried to tell him how much I enjoyed Blacksad and he just basically said "okay?" I told him I wish he could have signed my copy of the new book, and that I just bought it but I left it at the hotel and he more or less said "that's tough luck."

Edit 2: Cliff Chiang and Quinones though...<3
Yo, homie, I feel your uncomfortableness. I tried to engage Matteo Scalera in conversation about Black Science after buying his art book, handjng him my Black Science blank sketch cover, and telling him hOw much I enjoy the series, but dude did not give a fuck and just quickly signed it and passed the shit back.

Also, Tom King is the man and Declan Shalvey is the coolest guy.

Messi

Yo, homie, I feel your uncomfortableness. I tried to engage Matteo Scalera in conversation about Black Science after buying his art book, handjng him my Black Science blank sketch cover, and telling him hOw much I enjoy the series, but dude did not give a fuck and just quickly signed it and passed the shit back.

This would destroy me if someone who's work I really enjoyed was like that. At least Amanda Conner is apparently pretty cool. Same with Scott Snyder.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
This would destroy me if someone who's work I really enjoyed was like that. At least Amanda Conner is apparently pretty cool. Same with Scott Snyder.
Dude, Scott Snyder is a sweetheart. And Capullo is just THE DUDE. But yeah, sometimes there's just a weird vibe with a creator.

Tomasi is also the man, and I just wanted to drop his name because he's been cool for a bunchof years in a row.

Ghost Rider 2099!

Ghost Rider 2099 yo

UXvKE8C.jpg

Ghost Rider 2099 friend

EDIT: Fuck beaten

oh
hell
yeah

I can vouch for both of them, they're cool people. Never really had any negative experiences with any creators where it was because they were dicks

Zombine

Banned

It sucks when that happens because all you're saying is that you appreciate what they do, and they just blow you off.

The unknown artists were just fantastic though. I'll post up their prints and contact info tomorrow or Saturday.

Edit: Sean Murphy wasn't there, but his crew were great. My print I got was just ridiculous.

I wonder if certain creators aloofness is due to their foreign nature. Maybe language barriers?

He could not have given any less of a fuck that I was the only one at the booth. I'm also kind of sexy and he didn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom