• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drayco21

I just want to know what deity I pissed off so much to be stuck with Bendis on my beloved Marvel Cosmic, and how many goats I need to sacrifice to them to make the hurting stop.

ghostmind

From the Cup o' Joe panel:

Q: Is there a planned cohesion between the All-New X-Men stuff, the Hickman stuff, the Ultimate Universe stuff for Secret Wars?

Buckley: "I can't oversell this: Every story in Every book is leading to Secret Wars."

Q: Is there a planned cohesion between the All-New X-Men stuff, the Hickman stuff, the Ultimate Universe stuff for Secret Wars?

Buckley: "I can't oversell this: Every story in Every book is leading to Secret Wars."
I knew All New Ultimates was part of a bigger picture.

Cross posting from the B/S/T thread but I'm looking to move a bunch of TPBs if anyone is interested. If it's not appropriate let me know and I will delete, thanks!

A bunch of comic book trade paperbacks for sale. All prices include shipping within the US except in the event you are interested in a single item under $10, then I will have to include an extra $3. Pretty much everything is in very good to like new condition with normal shelf wear. Payment via Paypal and additional pictures available upon request.

Saga Vols 1-3 $15
Pride of Baghdad $5
V for Vendetta $5
Powers Vols 1-5 $25
Walking Dead Vols 1-4 $20
X-Men God Loves Man Kills $5
Astonishing X-Men (Whedon) Vols 1-4 $20
Spider-Man Death of the Stacys $5
Avengers Legends $5
JLA Deluxe Editions (Morrison) Vols 1-2 $20
JLA Year One $5
Kingdom Come $5
Batman The Long Halloween $10
Batman Dark Victory $10
Batman Year One $5
Batman the Dark Knight Returns $5

Books1.jpg

Books2.jpg

I also have a Ryan Ottley Jack Kirby homage print for sale. Brand new, never framed. I bought it a while back and have realized I unfortunately have no room for it.

Ottley1.jpg

It's $25 plus shipping on his store page but I'd be willing to part with it for $20, including shipping.

http://ryanottleystore.bigcartel.com/product/invincible-team-jack-kirby-homage-print

Owzers

Well, i better read them all then!

Hagi

This isn't Claremont X-Men. This is Bendis digging into his toy box and mixing his Barbie dolls with his GI Joes. There is no reason for this to exist. There was no reason for the teens to go into space in the first place.

We got Rucka led Father and Son shenanigans in Space from that so i can't complain too much. That and the Uncanny X-men books are in my opinion really fun.

Hellers

Issue 2 of Injustice Year Three had some excellent and funny Constantine moments. From laughing at Batman, calling Trigon a wanker and declaring that he was going to kick the Man of Steel in the balls.

KATHRYN IMMONEN'S BACK, BITCHES.

portrait_uncanny.jpg

This January, 2015 starts with a trip back to the 50’s, courtesy of writer Kathryn Immonen and artist Rich Ellis. OPERATION S.I.N. follows Peggy Carter and Howard Stark in a globe-trotting adventure into Cold War era Russia trailing an alien artifact that could upset the balance of international relations.

Even in the Marvel Universe, the 50’s felt very different than our modern world, so capturing that reality stood as the first challenge of bringing the book to life. All involved, however, found it to be something more than an obstacle.

“Period pieces are great in that there is no shortage of color,” starts Immonen. “The worst part of period pieces is that there is no shortage of color. But I remember having a long conversation with Jim Ottaviani a few years ago at [Toronto Comics Arts Festival] and we both strongly felt that you absolutely cannot graft the privilege of the panoptic view of history onto any character. You have to focus on the cares and concerns of a given individual.”

“To be honest, I actually find it more freeing to have this story set during the 50’s,” argues editor Jonathan Moisan. “While most big event [series] are confined to whatever is going on around them, I told Kathryn and Rich that they were more or less free to run wild with the characters and time period. While there were a few rules put in place, both Kathryn and Rich used the setting and time period to run with the ball.”

My job pays me x amount of dollars a month to not use their health insurance until I'm 26. It equates to about $1700 on January 1st.

That's great. They must be running some sort of employee medical fund themselves for employees under 26 (instead of going through a larger insurance company). Is it a fairly large company?

Anyone who things Marvel has been making moves to cancel the X-books haven't been paying attention. They have been creating a crazy amount of titles since Marvel Now.

X-Men is too big of a seller to cancel over petty shit with Fox. Fantastic Four, on the other hand....

Hellers

I was scouring my Comixology collection looking for some titles and then I remembered they were bought in the Kindle store. I hope they merge up at some point. While I'd like to keep the Comixology app I would like to have as many of my comics in the same place as possible.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Besides, Fox has enough pedigree already to work on cinematic adaptations of X-Men and Fantastic Four. It's not like they were created five years ago.

Besides, Fox has enough pedigree already to work on cinematic adaptations of X-Men and Fantastic Four. It's not like they were created five years ago.

I really would like to see X-Men movie rights go back to Marvel, though. To see that franchise folded into the current Marvel Movieverse would be exciting.

Hagi

So in the interest of trying to keep up with the current goings on in DC land i bought Forever Evil, Volume 4 of Batman and issue 35 of Batman.
Read through Forever Evil on the way home and it was actually really fun. Really liked what they did with Lex and Bizarro plus having the core heroes sans Bruce excised for the whole of the book kept me interested. This was my first event since the reboot and i was left pleasantly surprised. The last page reveal was pretty hype.

For some reason I've been keeping up with Snyders run sporadically since it started even though i really enjoy what he and the creative team have been doing. Endgame was just nuts i didn't really expect it to play out like that and the reveal was great. I'm probably way off base but considering how it started with
the "dreams" Bruce is having thanks to Scarecrow I had this feeling after reading that he could still be dreaming.

How has Futures End been? I've got everything sitting in my Comixology cart with my finger hovering over the checkout button. The ads in the back of Endgame have me intrigued plus its got Terry in it.

Zombine

Banned
That's great. They must be running some sort of employee medical fund themselves for employees under 26 (instead of going through a larger insurance company). Is it a fairly large company?

This is one of the few benefits of working for the state. After I turn 26 it's $10 a week for health insurance that is incredible, and like 10 cents extra for dental and eye.

Hellers

I've just read Superman/Batman World's Finest. Interesting look at the origins on the Earth 2 Superman.

Something odd though

4 Ships were launched before Krypton exploded. Kal, Kara, Val and ? I'm not aware of any other Kryptonians on Earth 2. Does this new version have a Krypto? or is this a subtle hint there's more to come on that front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom