• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So these screens of daredevil TV show. That hood on his head is not the final costume? Just an early one as he's starting to figure things out?

Edit: ah it seems so. Cool

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
So these screens of daredevil. That hood on his head is the final costume? Not an early one as he's starting to figure things out? It looks....weird

It's an alternative costume, he uses it in the Miller/Romita run.

DD4.jpg

Cheska

It sucks how hard it is to nab tickets to SDCC :( The only time I went was because we got free tickets, and I haven't been able to get tickets since.

Zombine

Banned
Zombine is clearly quite well off, he can pay for half of us for round trips and hotel stays. A free statue with every ticket.

I'm a lower middle class Irish bum who works two jobs and has no children or college debt to
pay off.

With that said, yes, I'm working my way up to the social ladder quickly.

Oh I know who it is, I am wondering where the art came from. I also don't think they have given her a name where I am. They just call her Eva

Found it on a google image search. I think it's fanart from somewhere. I couldn't really find anything by Bachalo that was worth rendering in photoshop. He has kind of a rough art style that makes it more effort than it's worth in most cases to cut the background out.

Zombine

Banned
By the sound of it, Freeza lives pretty damn close to me. Let's go to Toys R Us together.

Are you one of those fake Irish people? We got beef?

With the exception of some of my Irish ancestors getting frisky with some gorgeous Native American women, I'm about 80-90% irish with fair skin and auburn/brown hair. I'm legit lol

Zombine

Banned
That's doable haha. Napa is only a few hours away :)

Did anyone read anything besides Batgirl and Batman? I feel like we've had less weekly comic talk in here haha

I bought my books. They're still in the bag though. Some of the covers are neat I guess. I'm still recovering from that mind fuck in Walking Dead.

By the sound of it, Freeza lives pretty damn close to me. Let's go to Toys R Us together.

TRU doesn't really have anything good these days. I only go there to buy presents for nieces and nephews. Even so, Nanuet is the closest TRU to me.

I bought my books. They're still in the bag though. Some of the covers are neat I guess. I'm still recovering from that mind fuck in Walking Dead.

That wasn't a mindfuck. They make you think it's going to be one, and then it turns out to not be a big deal. Kirkman is a mindfuck cockteaser.

So I've been getting trades for Snyder's New52 Batman run, and #4 says second half of Zero Year and skips like 8 issues or something. Were those unrelated or does it expect me to pick up a trade from another series to fill in the gaps? Why can't DC just freaking release Batman trades correctly. They did this shit pre new52 too.

Cheska

We should try and do a ComicsGAF meetup, someday.

I concur. There's always Skype for now! :)

I've been experiencing NYCC through mmgant, but next year I definitely want to go!! For the moment, I'll be waiting anxiously to see what my finalized Joe Quinones Spider-Woman sketch comes out as :O

Boogiepop

Finally sat down to read some X-Statix. Just read the first five issues so far. (I think I changed my reading position 3 or 4 times.) I think my copy has a printing error, a few of the pages are really blurry looking (including the first one which I thought was intentional since it's a flashback/dream sequence...but then it kept happening seems like once an issue.) It's grabbed me right away! Very interesting characters, though wow do they die off fast. Kinda dissapointed I read the foreword that spoiled me on U-Go girl. I also love the art! Taking a lil break but I can already tell I'm gonna be going back to keep reading more soon.

I did the exact same thing with the forward, and upon doing so swore off ever reading one of those ever again, at least if I'm not already properly familiar with the work. Didn't ruin it or anything, but I really wish I didn't know that was coming before I got to it.

Also, I'll escape from my OCD and the ways Smash is taunting it eventually! Still gotta take like 40 characters through All Star mode though, and then round up all the rest of the challenges and trophies left after that!

Messi

I've been experiencing NYCC through mmgant, but next year I definitely want to go!! For the moment, I'll be waiting anxiously to see what my finalized Joe Quinones Spider-Woman sketch comes out as :O

I should have gotten him to get me one :( didn't think of it.

Zombine

Banned

He is the best dude. You're lucky because he really doesn't take requests often.

That wasn't a mindfuck. They make you think it's going to be one, and then it turns out to not be a big deal. Kirkman is a mindfuck cockteaser.

The new bad guys are actually deranged Leatherface wannabes? Fuck yeah!

Nudull

Banned

I still need to add you people on Skype. :(

I'm aiming to go to NYCC next year, too! I'd be nice to finally see you. :D

Cheska

I should have gotten him to get me one :( didn't think of it.

He is the best dude. You're lucky because he really doesn't take requests often.

The new bad guys are actually deranged Leatherface wannabes? Fuck yeah!

I actually owe it all to mmgant. He's always looking out for me. We're basically con swappers at this point, we've been doing it for a couple of years now :D

Zombine

Banned
I actually owe it all to mmgant. He's always looking out for me. We're basically con swappers at this point, we've been doing it for a couple of years now :D

The Black Cat that he was working on while I was there was just stunning. I enjoyed getting to see the effort he puts into his pieces. The guy is super calculated when he draws.

Messi

I need someone on the inside for me. Otherwise getting commissions will be impossible for me.

Zombine

Banned
I need someone on the inside for me. Otherwise getting commissions will be impossible for me.

I'm still new to the process so I'm figuring it all out. I was going to buy some Blacksad Art, but I was actually kind of mad so I left his booth.

What a douche.

Zombine

Banned
Man he really soured it for you didn't he?

Big time.

Dude was all alone, just sitting there, and I was inwardly pretty excited to be there and I got shat on.

Unfortunately I have a feeling the guy let the acclaim get to him. That or the fact that Blacksad is social commentary to begin with so it might have been a holier than thou attitude. I dunno, it did make me feel like shit though, and I'm pretty good at deflecting shade.

Zombine

Banned
tumblr_m4g16ntGu91qbuypqo4_250.gif

pls guys

Damn, that's shit man. Maybe he was having a bad day.

He was right next to Rafael albuquerque, you didn't talk to him at all? He does fantastic work.

Albuquerque is hands down one of my favorite artists. My number 1 is Murphy though and I scored that Batman art. I was so high on what was going on I was stupid. I passed on Soule. I was crazy. One day is honestly not enough to take it all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom