• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Back from day 2, got into the Comic Book Men panel, feeling optimistic about getting into Daredevil tomorrow.

Picked up 3 prints from Amanda Conner after her panel - her line became ridiculous like 2 minutes after I got in it - wrapping all the way behind the row she was in in Artist Alley.

Also got a 13x19 print of the Harley variant from Adam Hughes for 40...much better than paying some jerkhole 80 dollars for the comic on ebay. He's still trying to finish his Spider-Man piece for the St. Jude's auction tomorrow night.

The new VIP lounge sits right above the floor so expect a good picture of the sweaty mass of humanity that forms on it around 3PM tomorrow. Think I might not even try to look around there until Sunday...want to see if Splash Page Art has those Michael Lark Winter Soldier pages - I saw 2 binders with Lazarus stuff but didn't see that.

Ended up leaving the show early because I was going to see Within Temptation at 7 which was amazing.

I need to pick this lady up from Todd Nauck tomorrow...holy shit.
BzmjJmbCcAEYQL2.jpg:large

Cheska

Just recorded an awesome podcast with some other Gaffers about Destiny, but also made me ache for our own on comics. We need to get on that soon!

What would a ComicsGAF podcast even be about? Zombine's spending habits? Kipp's inability to spend money? Freeza's statue addiction? Messi?
Comic books?

What would a ComicsGAF podcast even be about? Zombine's spending habits? Kipp's inability to spend money? Freeza's statue addiction? Messi?
Comic books?

It'd start as comic books and then just devolve into The Messi Show 5 minutes in. And that's the shows without Messi on them.

toneroni

Kinda crappy death of wolverine #4 wasn't ready for the show. Gonna be missing the variant autographed for that.
It was hard to resist buying figures. The play arts Kai ones were awesome.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Bendis DD is amazing. You should grab the Brubaker run that follows it as well. Devil In Cell Block D is a must-read.

I was a late bloomer to comics, and it was the Bendis Daredevil run that got me hooked. Weird because that's not how I'd write Daredevil, but it is an absolutely brilliant run of comics. Kinda wish Bendis had kept on Daredevil like he kept on Avengers/Ult Spidey.

Zombine

Banned
My nose is all fucked up and I can hardly smell anything, but let me tell you something; by the end of the first night the Javits center was musky as shit. Even I could smell it.

It was ripe.

I saw an ad for Bendis Moon Knight at the end of the TPB. Should I? I am a bit afraid to now, after reading his Avengers and GOTG.

Just get to 4, man. Trust me.

You weren't kidding. Some amazing stuff on there.

What was up with all the blank pages though? Maybe mine was misprinted.

Where were your blank pages? Are you missing pages too or were these extra?

I wish I knew that feeling. 5-6 is normal for me.

Do you work on Saturdays?

Zombine

Banned
I saw an ad for Bendis Moon Knight at the end of the TPB. Should I? I am a bit afraid to now, after reading his Avengers and GOTG.

You weren't kidding. Some amazing stuff on there.

Where were your blank pages? Are you missing pages too or were these extra?

Do you work on Saturdays?

No but I did for a few months. I used to go in and record my shit in the studio at like 6 in the morning before everyone gets there, so I had to wake myself up super early. Now I moved it to friday right after my other job.

Future's End #23: I don't think I expected that last page. Black Adam vs. Giant Brainiac was pretty awesome. Just a full page of SHAZAM! over and over again. Also, these covers continue to be amazing.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I think I shall start reading Fear Agent next.

I have to do that a couple of times a year and I am a zombie for two days after that.

Do it! Fear Agent is so great.

And I'm used to it, so it doesn't bother me (which is the reason I wake up at 4am every morning rather than just mornings that I need to). It's actually really nice. All those nice, peaceful hours before the sun comes up.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Future's End #23: I don't think I expected that last page. Black Adam vs. Giant Brainiac was pretty awesome. Just a full page of SHAZAM! over and over again. Also, these covers continue to be amazing.

Seeing as how Shazam is in Justice League, I really hope they'll do a Black Adam monthly. He's a great character, he can deal with Shazam's rogues gallery (Mister Mind, Sivanna etc) and crossover with Sinestro (because those two laughing at the end of Forever Evil 7 is one of my favourite comic-book panels ever.)

I really hope this is the beginning of Marvel taking two random words / characters / aspects of their books and slapping them together.

Also, putting this out there now, I fully expect to see the spin off series "Spider-Ben" that follows the story of Uncle Ben with spider powers, finding the meaning of heroism after the death of his nephew.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I really hope this is the beginning of Marvel taking two random words / characters / aspects of their books and slapping them together.

Also, putting this out there now, I fully expect to see the spin off series "Spider-Ben" that follows the story of Uncle Ben with spider powers, finding the meaning of heroism after the death of his nephew.

Only if there's a love triangle between Uncle Ben, Aunt May and Mystique.

Spider-Pig by Skottie Young.

Spider Gwen announcement is purely buzz related. Kinda like Spiderman 2099. Peter David said he walked to write it after it was announced. I'd be alright if Robbi left FBP for this. Brah can do a monthly schedule.

Fintan

Caught up on Edge of Spider-Verse. Didn't particularly enjoy Spider-Gwen's issue. It was okay, still don't really get the hype. The Patton (?) issue with creepy human-spider Spider-Man was funny.

There have been some slight references to Hickman's incursion stuff in Spider-Verse. Do you guys think it will tie in much more than that?

Zombine

Banned
Caught up on Edge of Spider-Verse. Didn't particularly enjoy Spider-Gwen's issue. It was okay, still don't really get the hype. The Patton (?) issue with creepy human-spider Spider-Man was funny.

There have been some slight references to Hickman's incursion stuff in Spider-Verse. Do you guys think it will tie in much more than that?

Spider-Gwen was honestly the only one I didn't find shitty.

It's mentioned that the Captain Britain Corps (all the versions of Captain Britain from across the multiverse) are busy with the Incursions, so they've deputised Spider-UK (a version of Brian Braddock who's also Spider-Man) to gather the Spider-Men together to stop Morlun and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom