• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been reading Waid Daredevil again (this time in OHC format). I love the art in it.

This is one of the few benefits of working for the state. After I turn 26 it's $10 a week for health insurance that is incredible, and like 10 cents extra for dental and eye.

That is a good system to be in. No refunds for me but my company has good plans. < 10 employees, so we have some wiggle room when negotiating with insurance companies. Dental is out of pocket though.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Two new Vertigo series were announced at NYCC.

Effigy by Tim Seeley and Marley Zarcone, debuts January

TStJ8yX.jpg
The series, illustrated by relative newcomer Marley Zarcone ("Madame Xanadu"), is about a former Hollywood child star-turned-Z-lister named Chondra Jackson who returns to her hometown of Effigy Mound, Illinois after a sex tape scandal. Troubled by her own personal life, she finds a seemingly impossible crime -- a fresh corpse in an ancient Indian burial site. Even weirder, the murder resembles a scene from an episode of the old TV show, "Star Cop," a live-action children's show about a kid detective, that she used to star in.

Chondra begins to investigate and stumbles upon a bizarre cult that worships celebrities as eternal effigies. And these cult members aren't just worshiping, they're also ritually sacrificing anyone who defies their veneration of the beautiful and famous. Chondra's probe takes her on a terrifying tour of burial sites across the world from Stonehenge to the Nazca Lines of Peru.

Interview with Seeley over at CBR.

-----

Clean Room by Gail Simone and Jonathan Davis-Hunt, debuts 2015

Meet Astrid Mueller—A brilliant, charismatic speaker and the head of a new church that claims to be able to cure anyone's deepest disorders through an expensive series of secretive therapy techniques.
Meet Chloe—A reporter whose photographer lover is brutally murdered while investigating a church that is run more like a high stakes PR firm. On the verge of suicide, Chloe finds the strength and determination to stay alive to find out the truth.

Astrid's secret weapon is a room only the very wealthy or very dangerous ever get to see-- the CLEAN ROOM, a hermetically sealed and biologically impervious high-tech chamber below the church's main offices, in Chicago. Some do not survive the process and no one leaves unchanged.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, what's the deal with this new Powers #1 in December? Are they rebooting the series to coincide with the start of the TV show?

Probably. Yet another reboot feels off, The Bureau didn't even get time to settle.

Hagi

whelp. there goes all those conspiracies. wrap em up

it's always the same person who posts those rumors. I think he's a secret Inhuman fan waiting in the aisle for their day in the sun, only to get constantly blocked out by the moon that is the X-men franchise.

Zombine

Banned
it's always the same person who posts those rumors. I think he's a secret Inhuman fan waiting in the aisle for their day in the sun, only to get constantly blocked out by the moon that is the X-men franchise.

That's why we tend to ignore everything that isn't said here.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Master Kipp, teach me your ways of self control. I am about to place my third IST order this month.

Can't help you there, buddy. I've already placed two orders this month and plan to place probably two more before the month is over. Haha

Though to be fair, that's pretty much the only money I'll have spent this month and I've known all these releases have been coming for a while and haven't ordered much of anything for the past couple months.
Plus I'm using the money that would've/should've been spent at the Comic Con. Haha

Tax return + health insurance return are probably taking me to SDCC. Thanks Obama.

We need to have a ComicsGaf SDCC get together. We really ought to all get drinks and talk about Messi.

This is one of the few benefits of working for the state. After I turn 26 it's $10 a week for health insurance that is incredible, and like 10 cents extra for dental and eye.

Man, I need to try harder to get a city/county/state/government job. They sound so good.

Zombine

Banned
We need to have a ComicsGaf SDCC get together. We really ought to all get drinks and talk about Messi.

I'm down for that. I wish Messi would use some of that inheritance to make it to some of these things instead.

Man, I need to try harder to get a city/county/state/government job. They sound so good.

It's who you know unfortunately. There may be exams that you can take to get you put on a call list as well.

Kipp

Oh, and speaking of ComicsGAF meetups, is anyone planning to go to Comikaze? I just realized that's coming up.

Hell yeah, I'm also in for this. Minus the drinks maybe

Cool!

I'm down for that. I wish Messi would use some of that inheritance to make it to some of these things instead.

Awesome.
And for reals. Messi spending all his money on statues and trips to his second home in Florida and leaving no money for SDCC meetups. Priorities, Messi. Priorities.

It's who you know unfortunately. There may be exams that you can take to get you put on a call list as well.

Ah, interesting. For some reason I was under the impression that for government jobs who you know meant a lot less than private sector jobs.
In that case: Hey Zombine, want to help me get a job? Haha

Kipp

I'm pretty bummed out. I was really looking forward to read the last of the Ennis/Dillon Punisher OHC today, but work asked me to stay later and since I've had awful hours lately I couldn't say no, and now I've only got 20 more minutes before I have to head out again. No time for comics.

Edit: Dammit! I just realized Columbus Day is a USPS holiday. This means that my two IST orders will take an extra day to come to me.

Oh, and speaking of ComicsGAF meetups, is anyone planning to go to Comikaze? I just realized that's coming up.
I'm undecided still. It's like $30, and I need to peruse the guest list again. Meeting JRJR could be cool, but i could also place an IST order instead...

Finally sat down to read some X-Statix. Just read the first five issues so far. (I think I changed my reading position 3 or 4 times.) I think my copy has a printing error, a few of the pages are really blurry looking (including the first one which I thought was intentional since it's a flashback/dream sequence...but then it kept happening seems like once an issue.) It's grabbed me right away! Very interesting characters, though wow do they die off fast. Kinda dissapointed I read the foreword that spoiled me on U-Go girl. I also love the art! Taking a lil break but I can already tell I'm gonna be going back to keep reading more soon.

Messi

NYCC 2015. ComicGAF meet up.

Come meet Messi.

Have Girly hijinks finding Gail Simone and hopefully Amanda Conner/Nocenti

Is everyone in ComicsGAF other than Messi either in NY or CA?

I'm in Ireland too. I get to comic shops maybe four times a year, so I am digital and Amazon only pretty much. After I graduate and have to move to a big city, I hope to have a decent LCS. I pretty much never get to cons as they're all in Dublin, but I do have a signed Walking Dead compendium and Michonne sketch from Charlie Adlard from last year's Dublin Comic Con. I'm mad jelly of the big cons in the States, so many people I'd love to meet. I'd probably be way too nervous to talk to most of them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom