• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
Speaking of, how is Robin Rises shaping up, so far? (For those following it)
Finished reading Batman and Robin #34, so far the story arc has a faster pace than the Ra's Al Ghul arc did.
Dick
making an appearance lightened the dark mood that was abundant in this issue. Currently the only arc I've enjoyed ever since Robin died. I mean, the Two-Face arc was good but it was kinda all over the place with the flash backs. Probably deserves a re-read.

A local theatre is running a Ghibli fest right now. Got to watch a midnight showing of Howl's Moving Castle. Such a beautiful movie.

Nausicaa this Wednesday.

First time I will be watching these on the big screen.

Cheska

A local theatre is running a Ghibli fest right now. Got to watch a midnight showing of Howl's Moving Castle. Such a beautiful movie.

Nausicaa this Wednesday.

Howls Moving Castle and Spirited Away are my two favorite Ghibli films. Actually, I'm incredibly happy I was able to score the Olly Moss screen prints for those respective movies earlier this year.

God damnit, now I want to watch HMC, but it's already 11:30 :(

I think someone on here was looking for a Barnes and Noble coupon?

Try BNFRIENDS, it is supposed to take 20% off one item. Valid till 13th Oct.

Howls Moving Castle and Spirited Away are my two favorite Ghibli films. Actually, I'm incredibly happy I was able to score the Olly Moss screen prints for those respective movies earlier this year.

God damnit, now I want to watch HMC, but it's already 11:30 :(

I've only every watched Ghibli movies on DVD/Blu-Ray. I hope I get to see all of them on the big screen. I will also be watching Princess Mononoke and Ponyo for the first time.

(I can't watch Grave of the Fireflies again, though.)

NEO0MJ

Picked this up last week.

15326069857_88575d9d74_c.jpg

I was planning on reading one book every few weeks until book 5 released but ended up reading them all within a single week. So good. I love how he leads people to their own demise on their own free will.

Nausicaa this Wednesday.

First time I will be watching these on the big screen.

That's awesome.

Just read Green Lantern Corps #35: The Godhead arc continues to deliver. Here, we see John investigating the planet that the New Gods used the
flawed ring rod
on and running into
Uggha
who is tasked with
"mercifully dispatching" the population that had been horrible twisted by the device.
Real awesome (if one sided) battle between the Greens and
Uggha
. You see John use constructs in interesting ways.

phoenixyz

Sunday-Late-Morning-List

Batman and Robin #35
Batman Eternal #28
Batman/Superman #15
Justice League #35
Teen Titans #3
Magneto #11

Dropped Trees and tradewaiting Supreme Blue Rose.

Wiktor

Picked this up last week.

I was planning on reading one book every few weeks until book 5 released but ended up reading them all within a single week. So good. I love how he leads people to their own demise on their own free will.

Beautiful beautiful series. And I still can't believe that out of all networks it's Fox that will translate it to TV. :D

Messi

Batman and Robin #35
Batwoman #35
Teen Titans #3
Deadly Class #8
Deadpool Art of War #1
Edge of Spider-Verse #4
Loki #7
Magneto #11
Ms Marvel #9
Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man #6

Decent week

DeathyBoy

Banned
Anyone partake in Comixology's Flash sale?

Rereading the pre New-52 Geoff Johns run. So good. It's a shame that there wasn't much Wally or Jay, because Rebirth to Flashpoint was a pretty cool story. And the concept of The Renegades was really, really awesome.

Batman and Robin #35
Batwoman #35
Teen Titans #3
Deadly Class #8
Deadpool Art of War #1
Edge of Spider-Verse #4
Loki #7
Magneto #11
Ms Marvel #9
Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man #6

Decent week

Why do you hate Batman Eternal? Why do you hate Spoiler and Catwoman?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

That sounds really, really cool.
I still need to read Sandman though. Haha

Whatever happened to the comic book club we used to have? Lack of interest?

Not really sure. I made a few suggestions for books and then nobody responded and then that was that. Haha
I'm still up for it if we can get it going though.

I still think Nextwave would be a good choice. Except it is OOP, so that might be an issue.
Mostly I just need to read Nextwave still. I keep putting it off. Haha

Oh yeah, Edge of Spider-Verse #5 is the Gerard Way issue. I'll get that too. Only read the first 2 issues. I like the art in this preview a lot, too

That art looks really cool.
It doesn't look like the artist, Jake Wyatt, has done much else though, which is a bummer. Just a couple Ms. Marvel issues and a few other one-offs. I'd like to see more of that guy.

Totally missed it on the list but am totally still getting it.

Oh and meh on Spoiler. Not a fan.

Good man. But honestly this is probably the first time I've liked the way Stephanie is being written. Before she just came off as an arrogant adrenaline junkie who only cared about herself and getting that rush of a fix. While reading her Batgirl series all I could think was: She gave up her kid so she could continue as a hand me down Batgirl?

This version is more interesting so far and hopefully she stays as Spoiler: The identity suits her better, as she created and earned it, as opposed to her stint as Bratgirl.

Kipp

Comic tastes are so varied you're going to have a problem finding a large enough number of people for any one particular title to have any real lengthy discussion.

I feel like there are enough titles that have widespread enough appeal that we could get a solid group to read it.

Also, you're in the same time zone as me and I always see you posting at 4-5am. Do you wake up super early like me? Or do you just go to bed super late?

I feel like there are enough titles that have widespread enough appeal that we could get a solid group to read it.

Also, you're in the same time zone as me and I always see you posting at 4-5am. Do you wake up super early like me? Or do you just go to bed super late?

Maybe. But I feel more like most people have pretty firm grasps on their tastes and interests and it's harder to encourage them to explore outside their wheelhouse. And also, alot of times, you're going to have to spend $20-30 on a trade for something you may not even like.

As to timezones; I'm a night shift worker so I'm often posting from work between 12-8 am PST and then from home until 4 PM PST.

Kipp

Maybe. But I feel more like most people have pretty firm grasps on their tastes and interests and it's harder to encourage them to explore outside their wheelhouse.

As to timezones; I'm a night shift worker so I'm often posting from work between 12-8 am PST and then from home until 4 PM PST.

Possibly. I know that I personally would be up for reading almost anything if we all decided to read it. I'd even read manga if that's what was decided upon (I've got nothing against it, I just have no desire to read it). I mean, it'd probably have to be $10 or less for me to buy something that I don't think I'd like though, so that's a factor in it too. And I also have faith that people would choose a good book to read for the book club, so I'm sure whatever it is, even if it isn't in my wheelhouse, I'd still enjoy it.

And ah, gotcha.

Possibly. I know that I personally would be up for reading almost anything if we all decided to read it. I'd even read manga if that's what was decided upon (I've got nothing against it, I just have no desire to read it). I mean, it'd probably have to be $10 or less for me to buy something that I don't think I'd like though, so that's a factor in it too. And I also have faith that people would choose a good book to read for the book club, so I'm sure whatever it is, even if it isn't in my wheelhouse, I'd still enjoy it.

DOUBT!

And since you love Manga so much the choice for November should naturally be the last 3-4 chapters that lead up to and include the conclusion to Naruto.

He left out the part where he tried to force her into a lude pose.

That's every pose.

Zombine

Banned
Truth is she was standing there with her arms down straight and her hands up like she had stage fright. I'm sure her arms would have popped off.

Zombine

Banned
The Selina from Gotham mildly weirds me out. Her eyes are spaced really widely apart. She is like a real life anime girl.

That's the part that gets you? Not that she's like 18 and bruce is clearly like 4. What weirds me out the most about that show is the dialogue.

That's the part that gets you? Not that she's like 18 and bruce is clearly like 4. What weirds me out the most about that show is the dialogue.

Bruce's tastes are many and varied.

But I'm actually really enjoying it. I absolutely love Bullock. He's just great. The hint at Montoya and
Barbara having been a thing
is sort of lol? But real life Kotobukiya Selina is my only real hangup though I'm sure I'll get over it.

Owzers

It's so corny and the villain in the first episode was basically a model who is also a tornado. It was CW x 1000

Does the model spin so fast he doesn't think shirts are practical?

Read Wicked and Divine #3 and 4 this weekend, issue 3 made me think about dropping it, issue 4 changed my mind a little. After issue #1, all the urgency and intrigue dissipated. The teaming up of Laura and the reporter is the least interesting thing about the story so far and it was a decent chunk of issue #3.

Read Wicked and Divine #3 and 4 this weekend, issue 3 made me think about dropping it, issue 4 changed my mind a little. After issue #1, all the urgency and intrigue dissipated. The teaming up of Laura and the reporter is the least interesting thing about the story so far and it was a decent chunk of issue #3.

Exactly how I feel.

Anyone partake in Comixology's Flash sale?

Rereading the pre New-52 Geoff Johns run. So good. It's a shame that there wasn't much Wally or Jay, because Rebirth to Flashpoint was a pretty cool story. And the concept of The Renegades was really, really awesome.
Yea I picked up all waid, johns, and millar/Morison issues. Can't wait to reread johns run. His is my favorite.

Edit: and zombine don't mock the weather wizard. He's part of the rogues and badass. Just wait for his return on the show

DeathyBoy

Banned
Rein it in Axel.

Between this, the numerous linewide events (say what you will about Forever Evil, at least that was the first genuine linewide event DC had in a few years. Marvel had Age of Ultron then Infinity then Original Sin and then Axis and before Axis was out they'd started promoting Hickman's next event), and the way Fraction and Marvel 'couldn't agree' on Inhumanity, they're not coming across too well.

Not that DC's perfect (FAR from it), but there's no breathing room anymore between Marvel's events. And it's really off-putting. I mean Original Sin accomplished... what, exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom