• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hawkeye cover looks like a scary child scarecrow.

arkon

Not really been convinced by Lemire's team books in the New 52, so I'll be hoping he can recapture some of that early Animal Man magic with Hawkeye.

Hellers

I decided to give Klarion a try and really enjoyed it. Lovely art and a nicely murky story. I wonder which Universe he's in.

Cade

Just let it die. Lemire's great, but I can't see this having a point because I don't see him matching Fraction's tone.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I kind of can't fault DC attempting to make GL books consistent. If those are crossovers, just trying to tell one story with the same pool of characs, then yeesh, all of Valiant is one big crossover.

To be fair to DC, the Green Lantern books should be entwined. I mean GL/GLC is common sense, Red Lanterns and Sinestro are about their enemies who they keep an eye on, and New Guardians... well, everyone thinks Kyle is dead but even so.

Just let it die. Lemire's great, but I can't see this having a point because I don't see him matching Fraction's tone.

Eh, couldn't hurt. I can't remember the last time one great Big Two run that revitalized a character was immediately followed up by one on the same level but different (Mark Waid to Geoff Johns Flash?), but it could be pretty good. At least it'll look good.

And if its not, you got the complete story in Omnibus form come April

Wiktor

I think the point is to not try to match it and go for something very different.

And damn...I was so busy I missed the damn comic convenion in my city (Lodz, Poland) and Perez actually was at it :( First time I've missed it on a long long time

Hellers

Hmm. I never bothered with Catwoman (Never liked her as a character) but I really enjoyed Klarion. I'll certainly give it a few more issues.

ComicsGAF rebels represent.

Timo

New Batgirl was fun. I have never read one of those Batgirl comics before either. Babs Tarr is pretty good.

Birthright from Skyybound/Image was kinda meh. Sabrina was much more fun to read than the preview let on. Wytched was ok but not as balls to the wall amazing that i expected from the preview a few months ago.

Masterplasty is rediculous and good, i guess im gonna have to hang it on the wall.

frye

The only corporate Jeff Lemire comic that didn't make me want to fall asleep was that Superboy comic before the reboot. Him on Hawkeye is what Brian Wood on Moon Knight must feel like to you people.

Splatt

The only corporate Jeff Lemire comic that didn't make me want to fall asleep was that Superboy comic before the reboot. Him on Hawkeye is what Brian Wood on Moon Knight must feel like to you people.

I enjoyed BW's run on MK so far *shrug*

I think the only creative team that could get me legitimately excited for Hawkeye after Fraction/Aja/Wu/Hollingsworth etc would be like...Morrison/Quitely/Grant or some shit.

Like Axel Alonso came down and was like, "Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Grant Morrison!" and he showed up in a puff of smoke. In a really thick Scottish accent, "Yah aye got some reaaaally crazy ideas for hawkaye naow, me and Crris burnham said FUCK that horror book we're never doing, he's rotating arcs with Quitely. The book never comes out on time anyway, so we're gonna cape to that spirit"

:OO

"Wonder Woman '77" follows on the heels of both "Sensation Comics," the first digial comic featuring the Amazon, and "Batman '66" which adapted the aesthetic style of another favorite DC TV show. It will be written by Marc Andreyko with cover art contributed by Nicola Scott. No interior artists or story details have been named, but the comic will debut as a six-part weekly series in December with print editions to follow.

Hope it's as good as 66

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished JMS' Thor. People will probably think this is heresy, but I liked JMS' Thor more than Simonson's run. It was just stellar.
I loved the slow buildup to the return of Asgard, together with Loki's deliberate scheming. Very smart how he combined this big scheme with some great flashbacks.
It all came together perfectly in the end. In Simonson's run, Loki was more of secondary character and never felt he was done justice, but here he was the perfect villain. Oh and I have to mention that Iron Man face-off in the beginning... Incredible. The only downside of this book is that it some stuff is left hanging, but I'll have to check out the Gillen stuff for that.

Simonson got me into the Thor universe and mythology, but JMS is what really made me love it. The art also played a big part of course. Can't recommend this run enough.

ghostmind

Marvel ongoing titles (current and upcoming) with female leads:

Angela
Black Widow
Captain Marvel
Elektra (cancelled?)
Gamora
Ms. Marvel
She-Hulk
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Woman
Squirrel Girl
Storm
Thor (does this count?)

Did I miss any?

Messi

Marvel ongoing titles (current and upcoming) with female leads:

Angela
Black Widow
Captain Marvel
Elektra (cancelled?)
Gamora
Ms. Marvel
She-Hulk
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Woman
Squirrel Girl
Storm
Thor (does this count?)

Did I miss any?

Marvel are nailing it. They must have gotten my emails.

Fairly certain Elektra is canned and yes Thor counts.

Vibranium

Banned

Jeez. I understand that you have to make sure the crew don't make any comments about their personal beliefs or anything bad about the company, but he seems way too worried about Bleeding Cool.

I dunno, I'm still not a fan of the guy and his pals Joe and Tom. I hope for a change in senior executives soon, get a female senior editor in there.

Didn't like his Green Arrow? Ah well, it's not for everyone. I'll pick up the first issue of the new Hawkeye and see how it is.

ReiGun

:OO

Hope it's as good as 66
tumblr_n8f60rQUDc1rtlon2o1_500.gif

That'll do, Didio. That'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom