• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel just announced next year's big summer event:
Civil_War_2015.jpeg

I refuse to believe this is real. Marvel wouldn't subject their fans to another round of Character assassination and bad writing would they?

Who am I kidding? of course they would!

fauxtrot

Banned
Now that makes this kinda funny

Peter: ya'll better hold me back man! I'm broke as fuck, I can't afford this shit!
Tony: chill my nigga, c'mon ya know I got you I'm rich nigga"

Would it be racist if someone wanted to see you script a series that takes place in a Marvel Universe where all of our favorite super heroes are black?

I'm asking for a friend.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Sorry Marvel, I didn't really care that much for Civil War the first time around.

Sandfox

I refuse to believe this is real. Marvel wouldn't subject their fans to another round of Character assassination and bad writing would they?

Who am I kidding? of course they would!

This is obviously going to be a tie-in for Secret Wars. Watch us get quite a few more reveals like this over the next few months.

Just as a guess, it can't be happening AGAIN in 616 continuity, cuz the characters are all like...2005ish. Spider-Man has his iron suit on again, Iron Man has regressed his Superior Iron Man/Matt Fraction years to his 2005 look, Steve Rogers is Captain America again and back to his Brubaker look...it can't literally be the same thing lmao.

I think its some kind of alternate universe or some shit, especially with this whole Secret Wars thing filled with alternate universes. If we get a Secret Invasion teaser or Mutant Massacre ad we'll know something is up

Owzers

Maybe Secret Wars is like, a bunch of past events running into each other? Maybe in a week we'll get like another teaser for Secret Invasion, and then Fear Itself, and then like, Acts of Vengeance or something.

Fear Itself.....

No....no. I can picture Birdie just sitting around going " COMICS!"

DeathyBoy

Banned
Just as a guess, it can't be happening AGAIN in 616 continuity, cuz the characters are all like...2005ish. Spider-Man has his iron suit on again, Iron Man has regressed his Superior Iron Man/Matt Fraction years to his 2005 look, Steve Rogers is Captain America again and back to his Brubaker look...it can't literally be the same thing lmao.

I think its some kind of alternate universe or some shit, especially with this whole Secret Wars thing filled with alternate universes. If we get a Secret Invasion teaser or Mutant Massacre ad we'll know something is up

Post Secret War reboot.

I would fucking love it if they did that, then IMMEDIATELY did Civil War again. Like 'what the fuck, why would you immediately rush to that event again?'

Post Secret War reboot.

I would fucking love it if they did that, then IMMEDIATELY did Civil War again. Like 'what the fuck, why would you immediately rush to that event again?'

The best thing if it was a straight up panel for panel recreation. Just the exact same damn comic, but with 2014 prices.

Sandfox

Post Secret War reboot.

This is coming out at the beginning of Secret Wars so we'll probably get some retcons out of it for the new marvel universe assuming everyone is guessing correctly.

Vibranium

Banned
Have you read Bendis Guardians? Of course they will.

It still shocks me that man is not off the book yet. The movie is over, time for a new writer.

I hope James Gunn gives Starlord a helmet in the sequel so we can see it in the books again (there's the Cancerverse issues but McGuinness missed some details on the DnA costume...)

Vibranium

Banned
They aren't going to take him off when the book is selling well.

I didn't say Marvel was going to take him off, I meant Bendis leaving the book of his own free will. With Powers on its way he's probably getting restless, so his time should be coming soon.

Sandfox

Some of you guys are quick to write this off without knowing anything about it lol. Its obviously not a new event judging by the image.

I didn't say Marvel was going to take him off, I meant Bendis leaving the book of his own free will. With Powers on its way he's probably getting restless, so his time should be coming soon.

As slow as Bendis' books move he probably has a lot of time on his hands lol.

Nudull

Banned
Might this be some alternative universe fixfic to tie in with Secret War? It'd be interesting if that's the case. Civil War had a genuinely good premise, but the execution was just so horrid.

Zombine

Banned
Some of you guys are quick to write this off without knowing anything about it lol. Its obviously not a new event judging by the image.

You can write off just about any Marvel event as derrivarive garbage that goes out like a dud and ends up hurting the line. At this point they can shove events right up their asses.

Vibranium

Banned

Well, I've been waiting almost 2 years for a proper Rich R(y: lol Bendis)ider book, so I suppose I can tough it out a little longer.

I've been away from reading most of Marvel recently (drifted away from comics for a bit and came back to DC first). I have no idea how one would even go about getting into it, or if I even really want to.

Like, I don't even know what Avengers is anymore, there are 30 books that say "Avengers" on the front and Iron Man and Captain America are seemingly in all of them. Except now he's Sam Wilson with no facial hair so maybe he's dead or something, I don't know. Spider-Man is an entire universe. I don't know what the X-Men's status is, there's a school and space stuff and I think Magneto is good or just anti-bad but the old series all seem to be gone so I've lost track of what the main books are. X-Force is now Doom Patrol, which means that Doom Force has now become a reality, sadly sans Shasta the Living Mountain.

Of course, I've been around comics long enough that I know the (only) answer - just start buying stuff all over the place until you figure out what you do and don't like. But then all this event/crossover insanity is just putting me off entirely.

Which is a shame because they must be paying artists way better than DC is right now, the overall quality is not close.

Zombine

Banned
You don't get into Marvel—Marvel gets into you.

Miss Marvel, Captain Marvel, Uncanny Avengers, Hawkeye, Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Guardians 3000...all books worth your time.

Sandfox

You can write off just about any Marvel event as derrivarive garbage that goes out like a dud and ends up hurting the line. At this point they can shove events right up their asses.
This obviously isn't an event.
Well, I've been waiting almost 2 years for a proper Rich R(y: lol Bendis)ider book, so I suppose I can tough it out a little longer.

I think the thing really keeping him away is Sam rather than Bendis.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
X-Force is now Doom Patrol, which means that Doom Force has now become a reality, sadly sans Shasta the Living Mountain.

Shasta the Living Mountain needs to be put on a team book ASAP.

And regarding Marvel titles, I'd highly suggest Hawkeye and Waid's Daredevil. Both are fantastic and totally standalone. I don't have any idea what's happening with the Marvel universe either, but I really enjoy those two series. I feel like I've been reading other recent Marvel stuff as well, but maybe not... I do have Ellis's recent Moon Knight TPB coming in the mail which is supposed to be super great.

Vibranium

Banned
This obviously isn't an event.

I think the thing really keeping him away is Sam rather than Bendis.

Oh I know it's Alexander keeping him away for now, the "y: lol Bendis" is a reference to him calling Nova "Rich Ryder" in the Cancerverse issues of GotG, for some reason.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I know it's Alexander keeping him away for now, the "y: lol Bendis" is a reference to him calling Nova "Rich Ryder" in the Cancerverse issues of GotG, for some reason.

The Cancerverse has spelling warping properties.

tim1138

This is exactly what I was going to say. I bet we get a couple rehash events from different parts of Marvel's multiverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom