• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
I'm reading All New X-Men #1.

Brian Michael Bendis Drinking Game:

1. Pick a Bendis comic. Any one will do.

2. Do a shot every time a character, (male or female, young or old, doesn't matter) begins a sentence with "The thing is..."

3. Now you are dead.

Can't be as worse as the Stephen King Drinking Game.

PsychBat!

Banned

2. Do a shot every time a character, (male or female, young or old, doesn't matter) begins a sentence with "The thing is..."

3. Now you are dead.
I won't survive if I choose his GotG.

Messi

3. Now you are dead.

I have a high tolerance. I drink 2-3 times a week. 4 full bottles of Whiskey and I don't get drunk. I can defeat the Bendis game.

fauxtrot

Banned
ComicsAlliance has a preview up of Batman/Superman #15... and people were complaining about Barbara being de-aged? Lois looks like she could be Bruce's daughter.

Lois03.jpg

Lois04.jpg

Oh and literally one page later, she gains like three cup-sizes to her bust size and 10 inches to her waist. The pic has minor spoilers, so check the link I posted above to see it.

I'm actually not super familiar with the process of purchasing back issues, since I've been a subscriber since waaaaaay back in the print days up through present, but it looks like you can at least buy some of them here: http://www.vizmanga.com/weekly-shonen-jump/signup for a buck a pop. And it looks like there's a free sampler of sorts with like 450 pages or so. And of course you can purchase whole volumes of series if you're looking at any in particular like you'd do with print.

Ehhhhh I'll stick with print, I've been meaning to try out some more manga.

This weeks Comixology DC comics sale is Deathstroke

New52 Deathstroke 1-20
Deathstroke 91'-96' Issues 1-60 and some anuals
Titans Issues 24-38

and a handfull on 1980's Teen Titans issues

You should buy Prison School when it comes out in America, it's ComicsGAF approved

It is on the watchlist, have to keep an eye out for it's release.

Also kind of interested in those Mobile Suit Gundam Origins HC's that were mentioned awhile ago, is there anymore manga collected in that format?

Also kind of interested in those Mobile Suit Gundam Origins HC's that were mentioned awhile ago, is there anymore manga collected in that format?

That's the only series I know of. They also list at $30 per volume. So that may be why. Kaoru Mori's A Bride's Story is available in a (less-extravagant) hardcover format.

Nudull

Banned
I haven't gotten to buy any new manga in a long time. The last series I picked up was the Madoka Magica manga adaptation. Any good stuff out, lately?

Boogiepop

It is on the watchlist, have to keep an eye out for it's release.

I know Vertical also put out Ayako (a pretty solid Tezuka work) in hardcover, and that's the same company. It's not hardcover, but I'm also a definite fan of the VizBig format books from Viz, though they seem to be moving more towards the cheap 3-in-1 stuff for collected editions, which is lame.

Nudull

Banned
I know Vertical also put out Ayako (a pretty solid Tezuka work) in hardcover, and that's the same company. It's not hardcover, but I'm also a definite fan of the VizBig format books from Viz, though they seem to be moving more towards the cheap 3-in-1 stuff for collected editions, which is lame.

I was collecting Rurouni Kenshin and Dragon Ball in VizBig volumes. They are really damn good for the price.

This weeks Comixology DC comics sale is Deathstroke

New52 Deathstroke 1-20
Deathstroke 91'-96' Issues 1-60 and some anuals
Titans Issues 24-38

and a handfull on 1980's Teen Titans issues
Thank god. After two very good sales (JSA and Flash) my wallet gets a break. Huh I'm sort of surprised that one run in the 90s went 60 issues.

ComicsAlliance has a preview up of Batman/Superman #15... and people were complaining about Barbara being de-aged? Lois looks like she could be Bruce's daughter.

Oh and literally one page later, she gains like three cup-sizes to her bust size and 10 inches to her waist. The pic has minor spoilers, so check the link I posted above to see it.

Lil late
What happens next was kinda interesting though.
My new avatar

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

WTF is going on?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Dropping New Suicide Squad and Criminal Macabre. Was on the fence about dropping Death Vigil and Supreme Blue Rose. Adding Evil Within and Deadpool's Art of War to my list this week since both are short runs.

That's the only series I know of. They also list at $30 per volume. So that may be why. Kaoru Mori's A Bride's Story is available in a (less-extravagant) hardcover format.

Thanks for the info, I'm also checking into color editions and Dragon Ball looks pretty damn good, are these done rarely as well?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Are these still in print? I've always wanted a complete Rurouni Kenshin run.

I saw some of the big Rurouni Kenshin volumes at Barnes and Noble while I was passing through the comic isle the other week, so yes most likely. I'd doubt they'd put something like that for a series like that out of print.

I'm still not really sure what is going on in Supreme Blue Rose.

I get the basic idea. Either way, Tula Lotay is killing it on art duties.

I saw some of the big Rurouni Kenshin volumes at Barnes and Noble while I was passing through the comic isle the other week, so yes most likely. I'd doubt they'd put something like that for a series like that out of print.

What generally happens is that the individual volumes go out-of-print as the VizBIG editions get released.

Nudull

Banned
You know, it dawned on me that Secret Wars might be Marvel's way to remake all of their past big events to make them more MCU-friendly.

*puts on tinfoil hat, mourns the X-Men and the F4*

Sandfox

You know, it dawned on me that Secret Wars might be Marvel's way to remake all of their past big events to make them more MCU-friendly.

*puts on tinfoil hat, mourns the X-Men and the F4*

We already know that the X-Men and F4 will be a part of the event and the X-Men sell too well to get dropped like that.

This is true... Also, the MCU is way to small and Secret Identitys arent really a thinh at this point.

Damn, Now I need to buy Civil War: Frontline...

All they would need to do is change how the law works and reveal that there are more powered people around not on working for the government.

If they base the Civil War movie on this new 2015 series, does that mean that conveniently Millar doesn't get film royalties?

Given that Marvel's royalties policy is reportedly so specific as to basically require the alignment of the planets...

So since nobody ever answered me on this I assume nobody else is reading it. I've read the first four issues and so far I'm enjoying it a TON. This is one of the best put together books about magic that I've read. It's not horror-themed in the way the Vertigo book was, but it's still plenty dark, still feels like the same character. He's a little more obvert about his magic but there's no magic zappy bolts and his tongue is still his main weapon. It works because the writing is clever enough to do the character justice. I'll keep going.

Sorry I haven't been around much the last few days so I haven't read much of this thread. I've read Constantine since the launch of the N52 and overall it's been pretty solid. In the middle of the run there's some weak spots but don't let that stop you from reading it. If I remember right it will often go back to the theme of there being a cost to use magic.

There were like three posts on this subject on Batman. Nobody cared, everybody was like, yeah, its a little bit expensiver, but fuck it, I will buy it.

I know I'm late to the discussion but to be fair to Batman, the more expensive issues also feature 10 more pages of story, a back up story, and higher quality paper. It's not like you aren't getting something for the higher price. Which is why so few people complained about it here. It wasn't like everything stayed the same and they just slapped a higher price on it.

Catching up to the chatter in this thread is so hard :( I feel so left out ;_; Damn work!

It's the opposite for me. When I'm at work I can keep up with the thread. When I'm home it's either spending time with the GF, reading, playing games, doing shit around the apartment, etc. and I hardly get to my computer. I had a 5 day weekend and missed so much from ComicGaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom